StudentsReview - Knox College - Life at http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/KC_comments.html Life at - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about for Music - Performancehttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/KC_comments.html I've really enjoyed my time here so far, I've been challenged to think outside of my comfort zones and through that I've learned a lot about myself and the areas I work in. The students and faculty ar... Mon, 23 Jun 2014 01:53:47 GMT StudentsReview 415-111716 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 415-111716 415 26 Music - Performance Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Positive I've really enjoyed my time here so far, I've been challenged to think outside of my comfort zones and through that I've learned a lot about myself and the areas I work in. The students and faculty are all really friendly and supportive of independent work and research.
The only thing that I think needs work is communication. Biggest example being that we have great Theatre, Dance and Music departments but we lack the collaboration that would enable those departments to work together to put on a musical.
Mon, 23 Jun 2014 01:53:47 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/KC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/KC_comments.html I come from Southern California, and I really expected Knox to be this utopia dream land for diversity. It really wasn't that when I got here. We have the numbers, and we're working on become more tha... Wed, 19 Mar 2014 04:44:42 GMT StudentsReview 415-104028 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 415-104028 415 58 Political Science Female Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Advice I come from Southern California, and I really expected Knox to be this utopia dream land for diversity. It really wasn't that when I got here. We have the numbers, and we're working on become more than what we are now. My advice is don't get discouraged. Knox is a great place where I have learned so much and there really is this incredible social justice spirit. I have loved the relationships I have made here with both students and the faculty/staff. Staff and faculty really care about students, so if you have an issue, take it up to someone. Wed, 19 Mar 2014 04:44:42 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/KC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about for Philosophyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/KC_comments.html What is great about my school are all the opportunities that are available to me. I really feel like I can affect change on campus, even in just small ways. It is important however to always stay enga... Wed, 26 Feb 2014 04:35:43 GMT StudentsReview 415-102220 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 415-102220 415 32 Philosophy Female Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Positive What is great about my school are all the opportunities that are available to me. I really feel like I can affect change on campus, even in just small ways. It is important however to always stay engaged on campus. If you don't get involved, it will be hard to feel apart of the campus. One of my favorite things are the class sizes. The small size makes me comfortable enough to speak in class as well as not feel ignored by the professor. Also the office hours of professors really are helpful and they are almost always available then. The professors that I have encountered or had have always been interesting, brilliant, and very passionate. At least every term I have one class that I am excited to go to. Over all, it is a great and inviting environment in class and out of class. Wed, 26 Feb 2014 04:35:43 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/KC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about for Perfomance Artshttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/KC_comments.html Knox is a great school. I'm currently a sophomore majoring in theatre and I transferred in last Spring. I was really nervous about transferring to Knox because I was afraid that it wouldn't work out l... Wed, 26 Feb 2014 04:19:22 GMT StudentsReview 415-102219 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 415-102219 415 43 Perfomance Arts Female Undergraduate Class 2016 2nd Year Positive Knox is a great school. I'm currently a sophomore majoring in theatre and I transferred in last Spring. I was really nervous about transferring to Knox because I was afraid that it wouldn't work out like my old school, but I've been very happy here. I have enjoyed almost every class that I've taken- even when I took bio and didn't do so well- I may not have liked the subject, but I liked my professors and how invested they were in their field. I transferred at a strange time (the last term of the year) and I really nervous about how difficult it would be to make friends and settle it. My first term was rocky because I was placed with a roommate that things didn't work out with, but I was very happy with the way that Knox handled out situation and made sure that we were both happy and comfortable in the end. Other than that I was able to jump right into life here at Knox and feel at home. People were really friendly and excited to meet me. Obviously at a small school you're not going to get along with everyone, but I was able to find a lot of people that I was interested in getting to know. Since that first term, Knox has really become my home. I feel really comfortable here and I have so many friendly faces and great experiences. I really don't have many complaints. The few that I have would be that the sidewalks are frustrating and the college doesn't have the newest and fanciest facilities or dorms, or the best food all the time- but those seem inconsequential when compared to the things that I've gotten out of Knox. All of my professors have been really helpful. There have only really been two that I haven't liked, but it's not because they weren't willing to meet with me or help me out. I do really appreciate that they all know my name and make themselves as available as they can. The theatre department here is also really great and I've learned a lot so far about acting. I'm really happy with the classes that I've taken so far and my major in general. Wed, 26 Feb 2014 04:19:22 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/KC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about for Englishhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/KC_comments.html I love Knox, and I believe it was the right school for me. I have gained so much here through the amazing opportunities and experiences available from the college, from my studies to my extracurricula... Thu, 09 Jan 2014 02:39:19 GMT StudentsReview 415-99892 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 415-99892 415 17 English Female Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Positive I love Knox, and I believe it was the right school for me. I have gained so much here through the amazing opportunities and experiences available from the college, from my studies to my extracurricular activities. I have learned to work with different people from all kinds of backgrounds due to the diversity on campus. In addition, Knox really brought out the best in me as far as being a leader and growing as an individual. I can't wait for my next two and a half years here! Thu, 09 Jan 2014 02:39:19 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/KC_comments.html