StudentsReview - Roosevelt University - Life at Roosevelt Copyright 2019 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/RVU_comments.html Life at Roosevelt - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Roosevelt for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/RVU_comments.html This place is a joke when it comes to financial issues. I know many students including me who will be leaving... Mon, 22 Feb 2016 03:27:34 GMT StudentsReview 434-172822 434-172822 434 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative This place is a joke when it comes to financial issues. I know many students including me who will be leaving Mon, 22 Feb 2016 03:27:34 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/RVU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about Roosevelt for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/RVU_comments.html I had a wonderful experience at Roosevelt. I was in the Political Science department and thought it was everything I wanted from a small college. The social justice mission is so cohesive-- it does no... Wed, 21 Jan 2015 03:24:03 GMT StudentsReview 434-156624 434-156624 434 58 Political Science Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive I had a wonderful experience at Roosevelt. I was in the Political Science department and thought it was everything I wanted from a small college. The social justice mission is so cohesive-- it does not matter what you want to study, they WILL find a way for you to change the world with your degree. Most people simply don't choose to carry that on after college is over. For some of the complaints I've heard about Roosevelt from other people, I've usually found most of those problems at nearly all educational institutions. Millenials want everything in one, nice package and it just doesn't happen that way.

I had a great social life because I balanced it between friends on-campus and friends that were just living in Chicago. I was really involved and made that effort whereas many who were unhappy did not. If you're going to go to Roosevelt, don't bother with Schaumburg-- the heart of Roosevelt is downtown and that's where the happiest people are. The school is a racial harmony beyond any place I've ever been and I am still so proud of that fact as an alumnus.

Overall, Roosevelt is a wonderful, extremely liberal small private school that will prepare you to change the world. If you don't like what that will inevitably offer, you'll hate it. If you're looking for a very supportive environment, an awesome mission, and a tight-knit student body, you'll surely love it.
Wed, 21 Jan 2015 03:24:03 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/RVU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Roosevelt for History/Histories (art history/etc.)http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/RVU_comments.html Roosevelt is a great school, I have intelligent professors who are great mentors. Really I have only had one professor that I did not care for. I started at the Schaumburg campus and then had to comm... Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:12:23 GMT StudentsReview 434-154100 434-154100 434 41 History/Histories (art history/etc.) Female Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Positive Roosevelt is a great school, I have intelligent professors who are great mentors. Really I have only had one professor that I did not care for. I started at the Schaumburg campus and then had to commute downtown since they moved my program. It is not what I wanted, but I am dealing with the long commute. My biggest issue is that when I applied to this school I was told it was the perfect place for adult learners, and then I arrived there was 85% young adults. It could be better for the price, $26000 grand seems to high for a university of this size. Only one more semester to go. Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:12:23 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/RVU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Roosevelt for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/RVU_comments.html This university is the worst university I have attended in my undergraduate journey. This is my third school and if I was not so close to graduating I would transfer ASAP. My problem with Roosevelt is... Fri, 06 Jun 2014 06:50:01 GMT StudentsReview 434-110050 434-110050 434 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 2014 1st Year Negative This university is the worst university I have attended in my undergraduate journey. This is my third school and if I was not so close to graduating I would transfer ASAP. My problem with Roosevelt is not the academics although I will say I think for what you will pay you can get a better quality education. My problem is the administration! I have had more problems with financial aid then I can even count. You will talk to several people who will most likely give you 10 different answers. No one seem to really know or to be interested in what's going on. For the past year it has been a constant struggle to get my refund and it's been an even bigger struggle to get the help needed to figure out why it is such a big production. Please save your money or invest it in a better school. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR $$$ WORTH. Save yourself Fri, 06 Jun 2014 06:50:01 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/RVU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Roosevelt for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/RVU_comments.html I actually have mixed reviews about this university. I had an acceptable, positive experience the first time I attended for a series of courses. My reviews are averaged with the bad experience I had i... Thu, 10 Oct 2013 11:32:21 GMT StudentsReview 434-96414 434-96414 434 15 Education Female Undergraduate Class 2013 2nd Year Negative I actually have mixed reviews about this university. I had an acceptable, positive experience the first time I attended for a series of courses. My reviews are averaged with the bad experience I had in a different field upon returning to take subsequent courses. Let's just say, you might want to consider another university before deciding on this school. I attended courses at the Schaumburg Campus and made it to the end of the program only to have the instructor fail me so that I could not receive my certificate. In retrospect, I realized that if you report one instructor for being racist, belligerent, or unfair, they will discuss those problems with another instructor. That will start a chain reaction for further maltreatment. That's what happened to me. A collective effort by the whole department to make sure I failed my last course. The final analysis, I owe student loans for a certificate that I probably will never receive. Be very careful attending here because if you cannot secure employment, how will you pay back the loan. Not only did I not receive this certificate, but I could not find a job after taking the first set of courses in another field. So that is money that I owe back as well. So basically, this school received all of this financial aid, but their courses are not worth the piece of paper they are printed on apparently. I must also add that while attending at this campus, I was in the minority. There are not many people who represent all or even part of the nationalities and races that most universities represent. Good luck and I hope you get everything you are looking for. Thu, 10 Oct 2013 11:32:21 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/RVU_comments.html