StudentsReview - The University of Illinois Urbana Champaign - Life at UIUChttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/UIUC_comments.html Life at UIUC - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about UIUC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/UIUC_comments.html I really didn't like being here and I don't feel that I had the best college experience. I lived in the 6pack and most of the kids were non engliish speaking asian, which i don't have a problem with b... Sat, 28 Feb 2015 03:24:16 GMT StudentsReview 445-157627 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 445-157627 445 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2017 5th Year Negative I really didn't like being here and I don't feel that I had the best college experience. I lived in the 6pack and most of the kids were non engliish speaking asian, which i don't have a problem with but no one wanted to be friends on my dorm foor. I made friends in class but most classes were a joke Sat, 28 Feb 2015 03:24:16 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/UIUC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about UIUC for Mathhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/UIUC_comments.html Math department at the UIUC caters to the needs of the professors, not the students. There is no collaboration among the students, professors have office hours - 1 hour a week- but they clock you out ... Sat, 14 Feb 2015 05:59:40 GMT StudentsReview 445-157354 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 445-157354 445 23 Math Male Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Negative Math department at the UIUC caters to the needs of the professors, not the students. There is no collaboration among the students, professors have office hours - 1 hour a week- but they clock you out if you stayed even 1 more minute longer. Many professors in Math department do not speak English well enough to be good professors. The class selection is suitable for pure math, but not an applied math person. Math modelling classes are not offered, and financial math is only offered to Actuarial Science majors. Differential equations class is pure theory, no applied diffeq to economics, etc. Conclusion: if you like studying independently and want to be a pure math major and further apply for grad school in math, then the department may offer the right chance for you. Otherwise - do not come to this school for math. Chose Stats or Actuarial Science. Sat, 14 Feb 2015 05:59:40 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/UIUC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about UIUC for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/UIUC_comments.html I had a pretty negative experience at this university. Things went well for the first year or two. During those years I dealt with the typical adjustment issues coming from high school work to more c... Fri, 23 Jan 2015 02:26:20 GMT StudentsReview 445-156682 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 445-156682 445 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Class 2015 4th Year Negative I had a pretty negative experience at this university. Things went well for the first year or two. During those years I dealt with the typical adjustment issues coming from high school work to more challenging college level course work. There are resources available for students to get help outside of the classroom, so I utilized those and was able to maintain fairly decent grades. During the last two years things changed. I began dealing with some personal and family issues, and this is when I began to see the other face of the university faculty and staff. When I struggled in class professors were unavailable or disinterested and cold when they were available. There's an overwhelming attitude of superiority floating around this campus and professors seem to be more interested in their research than with how students are doing in their course. What I realized is that this school only caters to traditional students. If things are going well for you, you will see a positive side of the university. The moment you experience any change or adversity you will see the hoops you have to jump through to get back on a level playing field with the other students. The MCB exams are riddled with trick questions and these classes have definitely earned their infamous title of being "weed-out" classes. Every science class that I took required a ridiculous grading curve because most students in the course would fail every exam. Overall, I don't feel that this university cares about it's students. You are welcome as long as much isn't required of the faculty and staff, but when you need them for the assistance that they are being paid to give you get nothing but shrugs and eye rolls. The people who work in the career center for pre-health majors are incredibly arrogant and not helpful. I was constantly being treated as if I should feel lucky to be there when really it was them who should be showing gratitude toward the students that the school is open and running for through a positive attitude when asked for help. It sucks to feel like tens of thousands of dollars have been wasted when I could have attended more prestigious and more nurturing schools. THIS UNIVERSITY IS NOT STUDENT FOCUSED. Fri, 23 Jan 2015 02:26:20 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/UIUC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about UIUC for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/UIUC_comments.html When I came to UIUC, it was almost like choosing my 2nd choice school. My dream school was UChicago, and I just felt in my heart that I needed to go there. Unfortunately, I got waitlisted. Until fi... Mon, 19 Jan 2015 01:03:37 GMT StudentsReview 445-156541 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 445-156541 445 79 Finance Male Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Positive When I came to UIUC, it was almost like choosing my 2nd choice school. My dream school was UChicago, and I just felt in my heart that I needed to go there.

Unfortunately, I got waitlisted. Until finally getting rejected.

So I came to UIUC into our business program. I thought I was a student who worked "too hard" to go to UIUC and not UChicago, but when I met some of the people here, I was completely wrong.

We have plenty of students who get accepted into NU/UChicago/Ivies, but decide not go due to monetary issues. (So what about the other side of the coin? Well of course, I feel like UIUC has a small pool of people who got rejected from their dream school too) But what you suddenly realize when you go here, is that kids at UIUC are pretty damn smart. (At least the ones that go to class and want to do well). Most have an ACT 30+, graduated in the top 10% of their class, so imagine if your classroom is just filled with students like that.

It's a humbling experience if you ask me. UIUC is filled with such diversity, and the kids all deserve to be here. You meet valedictorians, and other students that barely get in here, but just realize that it's what you make of it.

UIUC gives you every chance to be the best student in the country. You just have to go and take it.
Mon, 19 Jan 2015 01:03:37 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/UIUC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about UIUC for Animal Studieshttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/UIUC_comments.html If you plan on being a working student...forget about a social life. Also, plan on making your own safety with your car. For a whole semester the parking lot I used on campus had lights out on four su... Fri, 05 Dec 2014 11:22:44 GMT StudentsReview 445-154729 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 445-154729 445 45 Animal Studies Female Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Negative If you plan on being a working student...forget about a social life. Also, plan on making your own safety with your car. For a whole semester the parking lot I used on campus had lights out on four surrounding street lamps. they were the in the most used area and because of that my car got broken into only to have the parking permit ($660) stolen. the police did nothing, and they didn't even increase patrol in that area...not like there was one before it happened.
this school doesn't care about real working students. when using the temp housing over breaks, i had to walk an hour one way in the middle of the night or winter to get to my car because they didn't provide a temp housing parking permit.
Fri, 05 Dec 2014 11:22:44 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/UIUC_comments.html