StudentsReview - Ball State University - Life at BSU Copyright 2019 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/BSU_comments.html Life at BSU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSU for Criminalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/BSU_comments.html If you aren't majoring in Architecture or telecommunications/Graphic Design/Communications, or Education/, there is no reason to go here. It's 2019 and I am still currently enrolled as a Freshman, how... Sun, 31 Mar 2019 07:34:02 GMT StudentsReview 449-184421 449-184421 449 44 Criminal Male Undergraduate Class 1922 1st Year Negative If you aren't majoring in Architecture or telecommunications/Graphic Design/Communications, or Education/, there is no reason to go here. It's 2019 and I am still currently enrolled as a Freshman, however I am transferring. If you are looking for a pride filled thriving college, this is not it AT all. The surrounding city sucks, the campus aesthetics suck as well, the faculty is decent, the classes are okay, but the overall vibe of the campus feels completely dead almost all the time. There are very few events, and most (not all) people keep to themselves. I am not much of a partier and am looking for more of a serious college. There is not much to do in the Muncie area, so expect people to be drinking Thursday - Saturday, and then recovering Sunday from all the parties they went to because that is the only thing to do here on the weekends. I'd say, if you got good grades and your major isn't what I stated above, i'd say spend your money elsewhere. On top of all this, the sports here suck even though we are D1 and everyone here knows it. With that being said, no one cares about BSU basketball or football, and if you are into the sport and pride aspect, no one here exactly has that.
The only stand out-ish things BSU has to offer are, the TCOMM program, Architecture program, and guidance services. Scheduling classes are easy and nice, and your ed advising counselor helps you a lot. However BSU does state they have great study help and tutoring services. However if you don't need help with anything science, math, or history related, they don't have much help. The greek life is big here, and if you are in to the parties, f*ck-boy frat guys and terrible sorority girls, you'll enjoy that part of it.
Sun, 31 Mar 2019 07:34:02 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/BSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSU for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/BSU_comments.html I graduated from BSU in 1987 with a BSN degree. In 2014, I decided to return to obtain a MSN degree. Initially, I contacted BSU to apply to the NP school and completed all the necessary paperwork as... Fri, 08 Dec 2017 02:52:14 GMT StudentsReview 449-182182 449-182182 449 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative I graduated from BSU in 1987 with a BSN degree. In 2014, I decided to return to obtain a MSN degree. Initially, I contacted BSU to apply to the NP school and completed all the necessary paperwork as well as paying the $50 non-refundable admission fee. I received my denial letter of admission the day after I put my check in the mail. Needless to say, this transaction was handled with complete deceit on the part of the university/nursing department. I attempted to contact admissions as well as the department of nursing to resolve my feelings of deceit but each person I talked with just continued to pass me to someone else. After many failed attempts, I gave up. I applied to another university and received transparent communication that any educated professional would appreciate. I am happy to conclude that I earned my MSN degree from Anderson University in August, 2017. As for BSU, I removed my name from the Alumni. Lastly, I proudly sent my high school graduate to IU Bloomington. Fri, 08 Dec 2017 02:52:14 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/BSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSU for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/BSU_comments.html Horrid "school." I HATE it here. They have the worst website ever devised, they make students park half an hour away, the employees are rude and lazy, the parking spots are too small and rare, they ha... Tue, 13 Dec 2016 06:59:21 GMT StudentsReview 449-177380 449-177380 449 1 Accounting Male Undergraduate Class 1921 1st Year Negative Horrid "school." I HATE it here. They have the worst website ever devised, they make students park half an hour away, the employees are rude and lazy, the parking spots are too small and rare, they have HORRID customer service, their wifi does not work half the time, their email does not work frequently, and I could go on. Literally the worst "school" I could have chosen. What did I do to deserve this hell hole of a "school?" Tue, 13 Dec 2016 06:59:21 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/BSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSU for Art & Design Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/BSU_comments.html If you want human interaction, this is the wrong school. No sense of community. Got paired up with a heroin addict as my first roommate and a kleptomaniac as my second. Spent many nights sleeping outs... Mon, 27 Jun 2016 03:26:22 GMT StudentsReview 449-174105 449-174105 449 60 Art & Design Department Male Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative If you want human interaction, this is the wrong school. No sense of community. Got paired up with a heroin addict as my first roommate and a kleptomaniac as my second. Spent many nights sleeping outside or walking until the sun came up, knowing full well that my money was being wasted. Hall director did nothing to help me, took two months to find a new room for me on both occasions. To top it all off, he sexually harassed me at the end of the year. I tried reporting this to the administration, but they did nothing. Our president left with our money less than a year after getting the job, things are not well in this organization. Dating seems to be done through tindr exclusively. People are uncomfortable with socializing outside of internet platforms. There is no feeling of anything being held as cool or interesting to the student body, fads come from online, not from the students. Core classes require you to use social media or risk failing, in addition to spending resources on promoting classes on social media. If you aren't someone who tells everyone about how they're gay or trans, you will NOT do well in any department that has the slightest potential for liberal tendencies. I consider myself liberal and I feel as if I'm going against the grain of the universe when I'm there. Many people ready to jump down your throat and put you down for not following whatever trend is big on social media. This goes for the professors as well. I have less opportunities because I am a white, middle class male who doesn't see it necessary to inform others of my sexual activities out of privacy. Extremely close minded and indoctrinated student body. The big joke of it all is how few of these social justice/social media types follow through with anything they say they believe. 98% of the 'activist' student population eagerly buys Apple products, drinks Starbucks coffee, shops at Walmart, allows facebook to control they're mating habits through Tinder, but will stop traffic and beat on your car in a protest just for being there. Example: the only anti-rape demonstration is called the slut walk. It is performed on campus, the most secure part of Muncie, in broad daylight. Self-absorbed special snowflakes of all shapes and sizes get to walk around naked and impress guilty feelings on all of those who do not participate. If these people truly wanted to change anything about rape, they'd do their naked demonstration at 4 in the morning on Martin Luther King Drive, where people are actually getting hurt/hurting innocent people. Or, you know, actually do something in their day to day lives when they see someone creepy at a party, put positivity back in the world. If you want to get away with being a creep, get a man bun, call yourself poly-sexual and you will be drowning in genitals, consensual and otherwise. No one will bat an eye because of how you identify, and the school will not prosecute you out of fear of a title 9 discrimination lawsuit. This may sound like a crazy rant, but all of this is based from my two semesters I've spent there so far.The same people who talk about nebulous concepts such as "destroying the patriarchy," same ones who lez out for a month to piss off mommy and daddy, are also the same people who will have unwavering support for Wahab Islam, which is run by one of the few legitimate patriarchies in the world, the Saudi Royal family. I could go on for ages, all of this self-nullifying behavior will make you want to put a gun in your mouth or get really, really high. All of my good friends are in choir, chemistry, sports, etc. Do yourself a big favor if you're a creative person at Ball State, and join a choir or a knitting club or ANYTHING where the people won't be concerned with how cool they may or may not look. I am not joking, you will be in for a lonely, isolated, waste of money if you try to interact with your peers. Mon, 27 Jun 2016 03:26:22 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/BSU_comments.html