StudentsReview - Indiana University - Bloomington - Life at IUB-Bloomington Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/IUB_comments.html Life at IUB-Bloomington - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about IUB-Bloomington for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/IUB_comments.html Indiana university was not a good experience for me. I went there my first year of college and it was the worst year of my life. Let me tell you about the students here. The students can easily be... Sat, 07 Feb 2015 11:11:20 GMT StudentsReview 465-157164 465-157164 465 1 Accounting Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Neutral Indiana university was not a good experience for me. I went there my first year of college and it was the worst year of my life.

Let me tell you about the students here. The students can easily be grouped into certain categories:

1. "Townies" - townies are kids who grew up in Indiana (excluding NW indiana.) within the townie group there are two subcategories: the first is kids from the suburbs of Indianapolis. Carmel, Indiana, supposedly some wealthy suburb of Indianapolis, is where lots of these kids come from. They're very snooty and think they're rich. Bitch, please. You'd be middle ass at best in the Chicago suburbs. The second group of townies is Indiana kids who are a little more rural and middle class or lower. These kids are a lot more down to earth.

2. The "chicago kids." Let me start of by saying I am a "Chicago kid", I live in a middle class suburb 20 minutes north of downtown. But there are not many others like me. The Chicago kids you meet here will almost all be from the north shore-some of the wealthiest towns in the entire country north of Chicago along the lake. These students will ALL tell you they study business. Lots of them were rejected by the university of illinois, which is a much better school, but they're parents are wealthy and can afford to have them in Kelley even though it's out of state. These kids are the stereotypical frat boys, wearing polos every day and driving their daddy's escalades.

3. East coast kids: 95% of the east coast kids come from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. And they are ALL Jewish and ALL wealthy. It's easy to spot them on campus just by looking at them, it isn't hard. They usually have very dark black hair and large noses. They all either study business or law. Some are quite nice, some not so much. It really depends on the person. The east coast kids I met were some of the nicest and some of the rudest people I met at IU.

4. West coast kids: these kids are alright, I only knew a few of them and most of them are pretty fratty, but they're a lot better than the east coast kids.

5. Everyone else: makes up a tiny minority of the school. This group includes people outside of the coasts, illinois, and indiana. Lots are from Ohio, Kentucky, etc. I can't give you much here. Iys hit or miss with these kids, they're simply too diverse of a group.
Sat, 07 Feb 2015 11:11:20 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/IUB_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about IUB-Bloomington for Undecidedhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/IUB_comments.html This place is not safe. I repeat. this place is not safe. Especially for a small female. I hate this place and I wish I could afford to go to a better school. The art program is a joke and all the... Sun, 07 Dec 2014 11:35:31 GMT StudentsReview 465-154832 465-154832 465 52 Undecided Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative This place is not safe. I repeat. this place is not safe. Especially for a small female. I hate this place and I wish I could afford to go to a better school. The art program is a joke and all the students are boring, loud, rude and generally just a bunch of losers with bad grades who just want to get black out drunk. If you want to party for a living, then go here. That's literally all there is to do. I have a few good friends, but mostly from high school. It is very difficult to find good, creative, kind people that don't constantly hit on you, try to have sex with you, or are generally douches. Ladies, don't trust a single guy. Everyone is an asshole who will assault you if you say no to sex. I hate this place and I wish I could afford somewhere better but I cannot. Three more hellish years at this dump of a school. The infrastructure is horrible and the place is literally falling apart. Its also wildly expensive with zero financial aid offered, unless you are a minority, then we are paying for you to go here. DO NOT GO HERE. Go somewhere that actually cares about you and specializes in what you want to do. Unless you wanna party, deal drugs, sexually assault women and squeak out a boring degree, then this is the place for you. Sun, 07 Dec 2014 11:35:31 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/IUB_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about IUB-Bloomington for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/IUB_comments.html I absolutely love my university. It was the only pubic school I applied to, and yet it gave me more personal attention than any of the others. It's a huge school, but I don't feel like just a number... Sat, 15 Nov 2014 05:34:38 GMT StudentsReview 465-153553 465-153553 465 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Positive I absolutely love my university. It was the only pubic school I applied to, and yet it gave me more personal attention than any of the others. It's a huge school, but I don't feel like just a number. I have an overwhelming amount of support from both students and faculty, and there are so many opportunities all around you. If you are interested in business, music/the arts, or research, IU is the place to be. And even if those aren't your interests, you can make your own major! The only thing you really can't do here is engineering. Sat, 15 Nov 2014 05:34:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/IUB_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about IUB-Bloomington for Englishhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/IUB_comments.html Anyone who isn't involved with greek life came here with their entire high school and remains in the same cliques they were involved with there. So if you don't have a ton of friends already who are g... Sat, 08 Nov 2014 06:36:41 GMT StudentsReview 465-153041 465-153041 465 17 English Male Undergraduate Class 2016 2nd Year Negative Anyone who isn't involved with greek life came here with their entire high school and remains in the same cliques they were involved with there. So if you don't have a ton of friends already who are going to hook you up with a bid or be your social center, don't bother.
The university has good resources, but not even close to enough for the number of students they suck tuition money from. Not enough space on the buses, not enough computers in the library, not enough counselors to see you more often than every 2 weeks if you're having serious problems, not enough advisors, not enough anything.
In favor of providing more resources that students actually need, the university has turned the campus into a construction site where they can build more impressive and unneeded buildings to boost their image. They plan on doing so for the next few decades if you look at their 30-year plan. The campus was beautiful when I was touring it, it's quite ugly now and has been for my entire time here.
Unless you are a direct admit to Kelley or wish to never leave the library, I mean ever, don't worry about getting in, you won't. Almost everyone on my floor freshman year was a Kelley hopeful and the only two people who ended up in the school were the ones who were direct admits. IU won't tell you this though. They'll just say you have to get B's in all your classes including the pre-Kelley ones. What they also won't tell you is that a few of the required pre-Kelley classes have around 40% withdrawal rates they're so hard. If you did okay in high school and think that Kelley is your chance to step above and beyond, don't bother. The school will laugh and take your money.
The campus has a gigantic police force who do absolutely nothing except hand out drinking tickets and try and bust kids with weed. I had a friend with an unknown heart condition collapse outside his dorm one night the spring before I arrived. Nobody found him for several hours, because the cops don't patrol parts of campus where there's normally nobody getting drunk/high on weekend nights. They sneak around the dorms and hide in the woods by the railroad tracks and tailgate fields instead, hoping to nab stoners. My friend died in the hospital the next day. There's a chorus of sirens in town all day every day, yet none were quick enough to save him.
IU will do anything to promote itself or weasel more money out of its students. There's nothing to do in Bloomington except to get drunk. People just use our terrible sports teams as an excuse to do it even more often. So if you're a Kelley direct admit who wants to pour alcohol down your throat with your friends from high school or fellow fraternity/sorority members whenever you're not in class while jumping off a cliff if they tell you to, then IU is probably for you. Oh yea, don't plan on being an individual or not forking over more money whenever the school tells you to either.
Sat, 08 Nov 2014 06:36:41 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/IUB_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about IUB-Bloomington for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/IUB_comments.html Full honesty: I hate this place. It's a liberal shithole. Over half of the people in my residence hall have illegal drugs, and the University does nothing. That there is no rule against sex in the do... Sat, 08 Nov 2014 04:13:54 GMT StudentsReview 465-153023 465-153023 465 79 Finance Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative Full honesty: I hate this place. It's a liberal shithole. Over half of the people in my residence hall have illegal drugs, and the University does nothing. That there is no rule against sex in the dorms is outright offensive. Also quite vexing is that out of state minorities with lower SAT scores and parents who make more money can come here for free just because they are minorities when I pay full price as a middle class white person from Indiana. It's blatant reverse discrimination. I pay 24,000 a year just so drunk kids from Chicago and Jersey (most people here are not from Indiana) can keep me awake at night. I wish I could afford to somewhere else. Sat, 08 Nov 2014 04:13:54 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/IUB_comments.html