StudentsReview - Purdue University - Life at Purdue Copyright 2018 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU_comments.html Life at Purdue - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about Purdue for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU_comments.html I'm from outside Chicago and originally thought I wanted to go to an urban school. But I loved going to Purdue. Something clicked when I went to visit. No regrets. A lot of the professors are a bit e... Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:08:44 GMT StudentsReview 476-181887 476-181887 476 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive I'm from outside Chicago and originally thought I wanted to go to an urban school. But I loved going to Purdue. Something clicked when I went to visit. No regrets.
A lot of the professors are a bit eccentric and can be really tough. The focus is definitely on STEM majors here. And it's pretty obvious. I do know some of the language/linguistic profs also and they are high quality, there just aren't always the strongest programs. There's a decent mix of professors who can be very understanding of different situations and those who are very by the book and enjoy their rules. This happens at most colleges. Because it's a big school, there are lots of professors to talk to about doing research with them. Look at reaching out early on if that's something you want to do. The advisors you get will be hit and miss. My first one was bad but my second one was amazing and we're now friends on FB and LinkedIn and have emailed back and forth.

This is a BIG school. It can be overwhelming at finding a group of friends at first. Go to the callouts for different clubs. It's fine to go alone. That's what I did and found a group of people I was similar to and we've stayed friends ever since. You don't need to be in the Greek system to make friends (I wasn't) but need to still put in some effort (sitting in your room won't work). There's a ton of school spirit that rally's around football, basketball, volleyball, and many other sports. There is always something going on at the school or in town. And the bus system works really well if you need to get anywhere.

As an alumni, there is networking everywhere. I'm involved with my local alumni chapter and they are constantly posting things to do and ways to stay connected with other Boilermakers and even Big 10 alumni. In the FB group, people will post jobs looking specifically for Purdue grads. I loved my time here and hold pride for going here much more than the graduate school I attended.
Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:08:44 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about Purdue for Communicationshttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU_comments.html I didn't know what to expect. I had read previous comments about Purdue and thought it was going to be a challenging and friendly school. I could not have been more wrong. If you are like me, an out o... Tue, 07 Mar 2017 06:08:10 GMT StudentsReview 476-179171 476-179171 476 54 Communications Female Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Advice I didn't know what to expect. I had read previous comments about Purdue and thought it was going to be a challenging and friendly school. I could not have been more wrong. If you are like me, an out of state student who is used to big cities and a diverse student population, this place is not for you. Sadly for me I realized that too late and had to spend a whole year here, but will be leaving after my freshman year. Purdue is a university that only prides itself in its quality engineering program. Most students I met are from Indiana and go home on the weekends, leaving the campus feeling lonely. Every year Purdue is accepting more students than it can hold, meaning that the quality dorms are always taken by the class on top of you. Unless you get very lucky to get one of those your freshman year, you will need a fan for first year, if not you die of heatstroke. Unless your in Greek life (and those girls can get pretty snobby and annoying) then making friends is pretty hard unless of course your from Indiana. I have heard and seen from others that I am not the only one who had trouble making friends. Purdue University is not a very inviting place and neither is the surrounding area. If you do not have a car or a friend that does forget having a fun night. Everything (Target, Walmart, Trampoline Park) is over a mile away. And hopefully you do not get stuck like me, as freshman my roommate was an upperclass man who stays most nights at her boyfriends. So I had no friends and no roommate, Purdue University is not for those who are used to big cities, friendly/outgoing people, or out of state. Purdue is designed for engineers from Indiana. Tue, 07 Mar 2017 06:08:10 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about Purdue for Communicationshttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU_comments.html Going to Purdue and having their name on my resume has certainly helped me acquire jobs! I'm always so proud to say where I went to undergraduate school! I think Purdue prepared me for the work world ... Mon, 06 Mar 2017 08:13:53 GMT StudentsReview 476-179152 476-179152 476 54 Communications Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive Going to Purdue and having their name on my resume has certainly helped me acquire jobs! I'm always so proud to say where I went to undergraduate school! I think Purdue prepared me for the work world and my experience working at the Exponent and getting involved in clubs on campus was very beneficial. Work hard in college but relax and enjoy yourself too. I think there is so much pressure today on HS students to get a 4.0 just to get into college. If you are going to Purdue, remember to work hard but you don't have to get a 4.0 to find a great career! Enjoy too! Grow! Find yourself and your passion! That is so much more important than any grade! Mon, 06 Mar 2017 08:13:53 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Purdue for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU_comments.html Professors don't care about you. Got completely screwed for exams in multiple classes and even had an exam that tested the class over a concept that we hadn't learned yet. Professors are uncaring an... Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:40:07 GMT StudentsReview 476-173433 476-173433 476 12 Computer Science Male Undergraduate Class 2018 2nd Year Negative Professors don't care about you. Got completely screwed for exams in multiple classes and even had an exam that tested the class over a concept that we hadn't learned yet. Professors are uncaring and bank on their TAs to handle any student questions. Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:40:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Purdue for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU_comments.html The parking here sucks. There is never anywhere to legally park yet so many empty residence hall parking spots. We can't even bother parking in them because they have cops waiting to give you a ticket... Wed, 15 Apr 2015 03:22:01 GMT StudentsReview 476-159520 476-159520 476 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Class 2016 3rd Year Neutral The parking here sucks. There is never anywhere to legally park yet so many empty residence hall parking spots. We can't even bother parking in them because they have cops waiting to give you a ticket. Sorry waste of money attending a university that cannot even give me something as simple as an empty parking spot. What a great job Purdue keep making your students life hell. Wed, 15 Apr 2015 03:22:01 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/PU_comments.html