StudentsReview - The University of Notre Dame - Life at ND Copyright 2018 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html Life at ND - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about ND for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html I loved my school and college experience. It was challenging to the point that every semester felt like a major accomplishment, but not so challenging that I couldn't fully enjoy myself. One alum once... Thu, 24 Aug 2017 03:06:12 GMT StudentsReview 487-180858 487-180858 487 79 Finance Female Undergraduate Class 2016 4th Year Positive I loved my school and college experience. It was challenging to the point that every semester felt like a major accomplishment, but not so challenging that I couldn't fully enjoy myself. One alum once told me that the best part of going to ND was having gone to ND (in reference to the strong alumni network). For me, it's a toss up. Both going to ND and being an alum are pretty great :) Thu, 24 Aug 2017 03:06:12 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about ND for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html I love Notre Dame! I was a little worried that it was too much of a party school but I have found that there are so many other things to do on campus that everyone really is free to find their own pat... Mon, 28 Mar 2016 11:01:54 GMT StudentsReview 487-173137 487-173137 487 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Positive I love Notre Dame! I was a little worried that it was too much of a party school but I have found that there are so many other things to do on campus that everyone really is free to find their own path. I have made some great friends this year! Mon, 28 Mar 2016 11:01:54 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about ND for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html I transferred into Notre Dame after my freshman year. I transferred from a small college back home. So far it's been a nightmare. If I had to do it again, I would have NEVER came here. First, getting ... Thu, 03 Dec 2015 09:13:10 GMT StudentsReview 487-171919 487-171919 487 38 Psychology Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative I transferred into Notre Dame after my freshman year. I transferred from a small college back home. So far it's been a nightmare. If I had to do it again, I would have NEVER came here. First, getting into classes are horrendous. You're gonna need approval for everything. Advisors are unhelpful. Second, housing is not guarantee. I did not know anyone and rented an apartment off-campus. It is kinda of expensive and very annoying to keep traveling back and forth. The dorms here are like your family. I feel totally isolated here. I am so pissed because there were plenty of other schools I passed up on to go here. I got caught up in,"It's Notre Dame". If you did not get into Notre Dame on your first try, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT applying for transfer admission. I really wish someone told me this when I was going through the process. I really wish Notre Dame just rejected me again. I am depressed here and don't want anyone else going through want I am going through. Some positives are that Notre Dame has great academics and challenging classes. The professors are very friendly and helpful. Good luck. Thu, 03 Dec 2015 09:13:10 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about ND for Mechanical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html Ok so I just want to say before I begin, that I use to read up on several colleges and univerisities and I found this site to be really beneficial during my college search process. Just a tip, take ev... Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:23:34 GMT StudentsReview 487-171699 487-171699 487 24 Mechanical Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative Ok so I just want to say before I begin, that I use to read up on several colleges and univerisities and I found this site to be really beneficial during my college search process. Just a tip, take everything with a grain of salt and be picky about what to believe on both sides, negative or positive. However, I believe that sometimes people don't write the correct thing. I'm writing this email to remind people that when someone goes out of their way to write a bad review, multiple things could've occurred. One, they had a bad incident happen to them and never looked back and feel the need to express their issue publically, two, they begin to write a review, read others, and feed off of other people's reviews and modify their own, or three, they actually had a poor experience and feel the need to warn others as a precaution. (I am none, which you will see as you read)
Now for the actual review (sorry got a little side tracked, but felt I needed to start with that), I think that the university of Notre dame is an amazing school. It has brilliant and dumb kids going there, like any other university (the smart outweighing the others). It has a beautiful campus and great academics AND athletics, which is something that a lot of schools do not successfully accomplish or maintain. Some people rant about the number of legacies there, but hey, shouldn't that show you that the satisfaction the parents or other members got while going there? It proves that the tradition at Notre dame continues on forever, like any great university. Ok, maybe you don't like the food...try something else. Maybe downtown every once in a while or make sandwiches at least. The downtown could be better, however, because it is such a small town of south bend, but it's near lake Michigan and Canada, and you can make the best of it. "Ohh the school is filled with Catholics and is so strong in their faith.. I hate it" ...if you are saying something like this, you probably shouldn't have chosen to go to Notre dame in the first place. I look at the faith aspect as making a truly wholistic person. It's great to go here because they have so many service programs to get involved in too.
That's why it's very important to fully look at the college you wish to attend. Don't get caught up in one.
So overall, I had a great time at the school. I got involved in a dual degree to get a mba and a bs in engineering all in five years. I don't regret coming here at all, and if you really make sure this is the place for you and ask lots of questions before coming here, you won't be let down.
Sorry to write this in the negative section, but I felt like I needed to give you another view of what others are saying so that you can formulate your own opinions. (I also wanted to fresh it up a bit in the mix of all these negatives..sorry if that bugs you) if what others say doesn't appeal to you after really giving this awesome and rewarding university a chance, then that's totally fine, look at another school. The worst thing to do (and what no one wants) is just chose a school you think you like and then end up like these people writing a negative review. Good luck to anyone in the admissions process and goo Irish!
P.S. Didn't realize it, but I didn't do anything but the comment section in the survey, so it marked everything as f's or the lowest it can be but I think it's way better, B's and A's and everything high, I just couldn't switch it
Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:23:34 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about ND for Chemical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html Everybody gets raped at Notre Dame. You have three majors to choose from: 1. Anal Rape 2. Vaginal Rape 3. Gang-bang It will be 4 years of hell for you, but at least you'll be permanently a... Tue, 11 Aug 2015 11:09:03 GMT StudentsReview 487-169399 487-169399 487 8 Chemical Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative Everybody gets raped at Notre Dame. You have three majors to choose from:

1. Anal Rape

2. Vaginal Rape

3. Gang-bang

It will be 4 years of hell for you, but at least you'll be permanently a walking encyclopedia of STDs.
Tue, 11 Aug 2015 11:09:03 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html