StudentsReview - The University of Notre Dame - Life at ND Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html Life at ND - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about ND for Chemical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html The school is great, professors want you to learn and succeed, not just weed you out. The university legitimately cares about your success. The social life is pretty decent, but the extracurriculars... Mon, 08 Dec 2014 12:21:11 GMT StudentsReview 487-154893 487-154893 487 8 Chemical Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Positive The school is great, professors want you to learn and succeed, not just weed you out. The university legitimately cares about your success. The social life is pretty decent, but the extracurriculars are unparalleled. Mon, 08 Dec 2014 12:21:11 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about ND for Undecidedhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html This school is a great place to live. The atmosphere and sense of community are unique--there is a positive feel at Notre Dame that is different from any other school I have been too (and I visited ma... Wed, 19 Nov 2014 08:11:35 GMT StudentsReview 487-153863 487-153863 487 52 Undecided Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Positive This school is a great place to live. The atmosphere and sense of community are unique--there is a positive feel at Notre Dame that is different from any other school I have been too (and I visited many similar schools). Because it's the high level school that it is, there is a lot of work, and it is challenging and stressful at times. However, there is a positive atmosphere on campus that makes it much easier to deal with the stress. It is remarkable the way that despite the level of the school and the amount of work people have that everyone remains relaxed in interactions with each other. Students here learn as much as students at any other high level school, and respect that peers have a lot of work to get done, but don't want to be academic all the time. While the work is hard and time consuming, there are a lot of opportunities to enjoy yourself in your free time.

For me, as someone who was undecided coming in and wants a community of students who are positive and well-rounded, this school has been perfect.
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 08:11:35 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about ND for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html I have had an amazing experience at Notre Dame. Other comments stated that there is a certain stereotype of a Notre Dame student and while that stereotype is sometimes true, I believe that I have met ... Thu, 03 Jul 2014 12:18:18 GMT StudentsReview 487-112838 487-112838 487 79 Finance Female Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Positive I have had an amazing experience at Notre Dame. Other comments stated that there is a certain stereotype of a Notre Dame student and while that stereotype is sometimes true, I believe that I have met some of the most open and friendly people at ND. The students might be more open than the administration in regards to social issues but I believe they are working on changing that.

Freshmen year is about getting to know people in your dorm but that does not mean you cannot be friends with people outside of it. In fact, most of my best friends ended up not being in the dorm that I have lived in the past three years. The separation between the genders in the dorms does make for a little awkward gender relations at times but that tends to get better each year. By senior year, people are generally very open and many live off campus so that you can hang out with members of the opposite gender whenever you want too.

Although most students get very into football, I have some friends who have not bought any tickets to the games. I personally like sports but have never been a die hard fan. That being said, football games are not all about football itself. It seems to be something bigger. Everyone takes so much pride in the school whether we win or lose and it is something very special. Tailgates are a time to hang out with friends and family. ND tailgates are unlike any others I've been too. Students care about meeting their friends families but at the same time it is still a very fun atmosphere. I can say now that I have become a pretty die hard ND fan and have attended multiple other sporting events other than football but you certainly don't have to in order to fit in.

Academics are definitely challenging and competitive, especially in the business school. However, that is often the atmosphere that many graduates will experience when they enter the workforce in the majors they are pursuing. Teachers are very willing to help out and there are many resources on campus available. Clubs are also a great resource as many upper classmen lead them and mentors are easy to find.

The weather in South Bend is definitely not the best but I think the beauty of the campus makes up for it. You may be walking in the snow a bit but I don't think it takes any longer than 20 minutes to get anywhere on campus. Many of my friends from the West coast had quite a shock to their system freshmen year but there is a sun lamp in the health center if the cold is too much.

Overall I would definitely recommend my school to anyone reading this review. Freshmen year is difficult anywhere you go so I hope some of the freshmen who wrote negative comments waited it out because it always gets better. One last piece of advice: study abroad if you get the opportunity. You will 100% not regret it and I had some of the best experiences of my life.
Thu, 03 Jul 2014 12:18:18 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about ND for Civil Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html If you are thinking about attending here, please don't bother applying. You are not Notre Dame material, period. This school is only for the reserved students with connections. May I suggest... Fri, 06 Jun 2014 11:49:57 GMT StudentsReview 487-110054 487-110054 487 10 Civil Engineering Female Undergraduate Class 1997 3rd Year Advice If you are thinking about attending here, please don't bother applying.

You are not Notre Dame material, period.

This school is only for the reserved students with connections.

May I suggest that you apply at the following schools?

Saginaw Valley State University
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis

Or better yet:
Crossroads Bible College
Concordia Theological Seminary
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana

Good luck with your life. You are going to need it.
Fri, 06 Jun 2014 11:49:57 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about ND for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html I chose to come to Notre Dame because I was told the students here would be very friendly, and that I would become best friends with my hall mates, etc, etc. I found none of this to be true. The girls... Mon, 09 Dec 2013 01:59:46 GMT StudentsReview 487-98208 487-98208 487 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative I chose to come to Notre Dame because I was told the students here would be very friendly, and that I would become best friends with my hall mates, etc, etc. I found none of this to be true. The girls at least are bitchy and gossip about each other. My hall's RECTOR was making negative comments about freshmen in our dorm, and talking about how academically stupid some of us are. It's hard to make guy friends unless you like to party. Honestly, I can't see myself staying here another year. I'm definitely transferring next year. Mon, 09 Dec 2013 01:59:46 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IN/UND_comments.html