StudentsReview - The Tulane University of Louisiana - Life at TUL Copyright 2018 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/LA/TU_comments.html Life at TUL - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about TUL for Neuroscience/Cognitive Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/LA/TU_comments.html After seeing Tulane's other reviews on this site, I had to post a review, as most of these other reviews are lacking context. I will ask you three questions. These will decide whether or not Tulane... Fri, 12 Aug 2016 07:19:42 GMT StudentsReview 551-174845 551-174845 551 69 Neuroscience/Cognitive Science Male Undergraduate Class 2017 3rd Year Negative After seeing Tulane's other reviews on this site, I had to post a review, as most of these other reviews are lacking context.

I will ask you three questions. These will decide whether or not Tulane is the right decision for you:
Do you want to enter Business, Medicine, Law, or Politics?
Do you want to join a fraternity, and are willing to endure significant hazing as a result?
Do you love pop music and pop culture? Are you a prep?

If you answered no to any of the above questions, I would go elsewhere. If you answered yes to all of them, you will have the time of your life.

Tulane's campus is in shambles. The library still hasn't been repaired, and has horrible hours (once not opening until 10 am - during finals week!) The Makerspace will seemingly never be completed. It's engineering programs are garbage, and it lacks a real computer science major.

The students are intensely cliquey and extraordinarily violent. I witnessed students coming back to the dorms covered in blood due to fighting, overheard sexual assault from my neighbors room, and witnessed a lab partner commit arson. Another one of my lab partners did crack. At the time I viewed some of it as funny; but at what point does it go too far? I feel disgusted that I let things go as far as they did, but I was naive, and didn't know the heartless behavior that strong privilege can generate.

I had many good professors, and will cherish them in my memory; however, some of the professors here are the most arrogant bastards I have met in my entire life. I had a professor lose multiple lab reports. After I looked around HIS OFFICE, I managed to find them. He took one look at them, and said my handwriting was garbage and he might as well not grade them because he could tell I was stupid. What a waste of life. I was polite and attempted to rectify the situation, and he responded by complaining about how I had the audacity to come during his office hours. How dare I, right? Office hours are clearly not the right time for a student to discuss his grades! Too much research to help out his undergraduates!

The bars are just grinding and TOP 50's, with jazz RARELY thrown in. Don't want to hear Beyonce for the hundredth time? Too bad. The social scene is fun, with lots of sex and drugs, but excess can only last so long before it becomes a problem. The other people seem to joke about alcoholism, but people are often vomiting, blacked out on the floor on a Wednesday at like 4 PM. That thrill died quickly for me, and by Sophomore year I had no idea why I was here anymore. It certainly wasn't to argue with random rich fucbois, who will tell you their weird, bitter, strongly discolored acid is "100% legit bruh, you wanna fight bruh?"

Final word of advice: the Neuroscience major is just a premed major renamed. Take that as you will; for some it is good, for others not.
Fri, 12 Aug 2016 07:19:42 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/LA/TU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about TUL for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/LA/TU_comments.html I would feel that I have done a disservice if I do not warn people not to come to Tulane. I deeply regret my decision to come here. I have been here for a year and a half. The best thing I could say a... Mon, 15 Dec 2014 03:41:02 GMT StudentsReview 551-155163 551-155163 551 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Negative I would feel that I have done a disservice if I do not warn people not to come to Tulane. I deeply regret my decision to come here. I have been here for a year and a half. The best thing I could say about Tulane is that I learned how to make the best of a bad situation and maintain a positive outlook. That said, New Orleans is a dangerous city and is run down. Everyone at Tulane is an alcoholic. The classes are great and there is a lot of access to professors--just like there would be at another school in a safer area. Mon, 15 Dec 2014 03:41:02 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/LA/TU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about TUL for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/LA/TU_comments.html Best experience of my live. If I had to choose again I would choose Tulane.... Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:12:19 GMT StudentsReview 551-143414 551-143414 551 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2012 2nd Year Positive Best experience of my live. If I had to choose again I would choose Tulane. Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:12:19 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/LA/TU_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about TUL for Economicshttp://www.studentsreview.com/LA/TU_comments.html New Orleans is a great city and by extension, Tulane is a great school. There is an amazing party culture. If you're a girl, you will slut it out. If you're a guy, you will become an alcoholic. You... Tue, 06 Aug 2013 10:52:41 GMT StudentsReview 551-95208 551-95208 551 57 Economics Male Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Neutral New Orleans is a great city and by extension, Tulane is a great school. There is an amazing party culture. If you're a girl, you will slut it out. If you're a guy, you will become an alcoholic.

You will enjoy the place regardless the stereotype you belong to. You will meet your fair share of annoying liberals, men-hating feminazis, party animals, fraternity men (and their annoying frat bros), sorority ladies (and their sister sorostitutes, who aren't even that hot :[ ), crazy hippies (and indie-hipsters) and a bunch of other crazy characters.

It seems like almost everybody is from the greater NY area, especially from long Island and NJ. By extension, that means a lot of uglies and a lot of guys with great game. But don't worry, you will get laid with decent game. If you don't have any, buy Bang by Rooshv (it helped me).

Administration can be a bitch at times but if you're resourceful enough, you can literally do everything for free.

If you're an incoming freshman guy reading this, be sure to rush and pledge. I know you don't feel like a frat-bro but the Greek life here is pretty great, even for a liberal private school.

If you're an incoming freshman girl reading this, you will have the time of your life. Just don't be a prude and don't become a lesbian (yes, that means don't take any gender studies classes. Every girl that has taken one goes from a free-spirited lovely to a hideous penis-hater).

laissez les bon temps rouler!
Tue, 06 Aug 2013 10:52:41 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/LA/TU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about TUL for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/LA/TU_comments.html If you are an extreme socialist or muslim, you will love this school... Wed, 05 Jun 2013 04:07:11 GMT StudentsReview 551-94248 551-94248 551 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative If you are an extreme socialist or muslim, you will love this school Wed, 05 Jun 2013 04:07:11 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/LA/TU_comments.html