StudentsReview - Bentley University - Life at Bentley Copyright 2018 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BEC_comments.html Life at Bentley - Comments en StudentsReview: Advice Review about Bentley for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BEC_comments.html Ok if you're trying to figure out whether or not to go to Bentley I'm going to give you the real DL as someone graduating in 4 weeks so listen up. The following are pros, cons, and neutral POIs. Pro... Fri, 06 Apr 2018 03:14:19 GMT StudentsReview 561-183008 561-183008 561 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2018 3rd Year Advice Ok if you're trying to figure out whether or not to go to Bentley I'm going to give you the real DL as someone graduating in 4 weeks so listen up. The following are pros, cons, and neutral POIs.
Pros:
-Bentley does provide a stellar education if you're interested in going into business. You'll take sampling courses for every business major within your first two years and they're pretty intensive. You will learn A LOT your first years about business in general before you declare your major, especially if you didn't take business courses in high school like me.
-Classes are generally pretty small and professors are attentive. The professors at Bentley are, for the most part, really awesome. I've had a few that I didn't like personally and a few easy classes but that isn't the norm. The average professor really cares and wants their students to succeed. A lot of them have done really cool stuff in their field, too.
-You'll have a job when you graduate! Bentley career services HUSTLES to get people jobs to stay #1 on that Princeton Review career services rating. If you don't know what you want to do or where to start, career services will get you there. You'll probably have 1 if not a few internships before graduating. This probably doesn't sound like a big thing to you now if you're just thinking of entering college but trust me (and your mom who's probably saying the same thing) THIS IS HUGE.

Cons:
-If you're not interested in business or not sure, you probably shouldn't go here. The curriculum is highly business centered. Even non-business courses teach with a business angle - which is awesome if you're preparing for a career in business.
-Legit everyone here is a Chad or a Becky with a "trust fund" (I learned what that was coming here). The whole rich Bentley kid stereotype is pretty accurate. If you offend someone, their first instinct will likely be to sue. The parking lot here looks like a high end car dealership.
-Diversity is lacking. This is improving slightly but the campus is still overwhelmingly white. This can tend to isolate some groups of students. This issue even comes down to which state you're from. My best friend is from Maine and complains about people being "very Massachusetts" here (I'm from MA for reference). I don't really know what she means but if you hate people from MA in general, Bentley probably is not for you.
-The food is genuinely repulsive. Word on the street is that we are served the same level of food they serve in prisons. Pretty sure I have permanent scars in my digestive track from my days of eating at the infamous Seasons Dining Hall. I've heard it's improving which is great, but that doesn't really say much.
-The arts are lacking. Not sure how many people reading this review and considering Bentley will care, but it's worth mentioning. Bentley's ~trying~ to be more arts-oriented with a new Creative Industries major and various things around that, there's also a talented theater frat and a jazz band but otherwise, if you're artsy like I am you may feel a little out of place.

POIs:
-Bentley likes to brag about being super close to Boston but you really aren't that close. Bentley offers a pretty frequently run shuttle to Harvard Square which is a god send, especially when you're a freshman and can't have a car on campus. This just means you probably won't be spending lots of time in Boston unless you have a lot of cash to spend on Ubers in. The campus and surrounding area do have a very suburban feel.
-While Bentley keeps lowkey about Greek Life and has a love-hate relationship with it, Greek Life is pretty prominent on campus. Most of the parties you go to freshman & sophomore year (if you're into partying) will be at frat houses. This definitely gets old but they are still pretty fun. If you don't rush second semester freshman year like half of the class does, you'll probably find yourself scrambling to find things to do on the weekend. I joined Greek Life as a sophomore and it's something to do, definitely not high-stress or super intense like it is at big schools, and can be a great way to meet people.
-The new (expensive) arena is pretty cool. I'm kind of bummed I won't be able to see our only good athletic team play there next year. Oh, by the way, going to games is generally not a thing here so if you're super into watching sports, reconsider.
-I guess this is sort of a positive but Bentley really ~tries~ to make things fun for everyone by spending money on stuff like Spring Day (our spring concert) and fall concerts and speakers and stuff. Go to these special events when you can!

All in all, Bentley provides a good business education, awesome job placement, an eh social experience, and really awful food. I hope you found this helpful!
Fri, 06 Apr 2018 03:14:19 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BEC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Bentley for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BEC_comments.html Very ineeffective organization, if you are not plan to do accounting, don't choose this college, it will be your worst decision made in your life. Students are going to regret unless you are accounti... Mon, 08 May 2017 10:03:38 GMT StudentsReview 561-179752 561-179752 561 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative Very ineeffective organization, if you are not plan to do accounting, don't choose this college, it will be your worst decision made in your life.
Students are going to regret unless you are accounting.
Good Luck on everyone paying 30,000 dollar tuition every semester, definitely not worth of that 30K
Mon, 08 May 2017 10:03:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BEC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Bentley for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BEC_comments.html Bentley is the perfect school for the right person. I love business. I love knowing my professors personally and talking to everyone in my classes. I love being close to a city but having a campus tha... Fri, 01 May 2015 11:32:08 GMT StudentsReview 561-160603 561-160603 561 79 Finance Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Positive Bentley is the perfect school for the right person. I love business. I love knowing my professors personally and talking to everyone in my classes. I love being close to a city but having a campus that is it's own community. I love playing division 2 sports. I love being competitive but also knowing everyone here is supportive of each other. I love actually learning a lot from my professors. I love going crazy on the weekends but focusing on school during the week. So Bentley is the perfect place for me. Fri, 01 May 2015 11:32:08 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BEC_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about Bentley for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BEC_comments.html If you go to Bentley it is either because you are rich, snobby and not smart enough to go to a good school--even with the help of daddy's money--or because you got a scholarship. Literally everyone h... Mon, 30 Mar 2015 03:54:36 GMT StudentsReview 561-158970 561-158970 561 1 Accounting Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Advice If you go to Bentley it is either because you are rich, snobby and not smart enough to go to a good school--even with the help of daddy's money--or because you got a scholarship. Literally everyone here is super rich and super stupid. Seeing a $200,000 revving around campus is a pretty frequent ocurance, actually. There are, however, a small percent of intelligent students who got in on a scholarship that make everyone else look good.

My main negative experiences revolve around many arbitrary grading policies and unethical practices on Bentley's part. To begin, their grading policy is greatly skewed upwards, with a 4.0 being a 95. This is nearly impossible to get as most professors don't assign grades that high. As a result, my friends who do no work and are huge slackers at different schools have as impressive as a gpa without ever doing work. While this may be to try and make Bentley--an average school--try and look exclusive and difficult, it is more likely to try and prevent you from transferring out by making your performance look mediocre. On the other hand, students who put little quality effort in are often graded up to prevent them from failing out, resulting a centered cluster of grades and little reward for putting actual effort into class.

This is THE first time in my academic career where I have felt my additional effort and general intelligence has had little effect on my grades. Additionally, am almost positive that this is intentionally done to prevent transferring from Bentley, where you could go to state school and receive a higher gpa.

The food is kind of shit but no worse than I've heard reported than other schools. The wifi is also very crappy-- two things you'd expect to be able to manage from 60,000 per year per student.
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 03:54:36 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BEC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Bentley for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BEC_comments.html The word that best summarizes my experience at Bentley would be: unpleasant. While many of the professors and classes I've had so far have been excellent, at least 25-30% of them are the exact opposit... Mon, 30 Mar 2015 03:49:50 GMT StudentsReview 561-158969 561-158969 561 1 Accounting Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative The word that best summarizes my experience at Bentley would be: unpleasant. While many of the professors and classes I've had so far have been excellent, at least 25-30% of them are the exact opposite. These classes are simply impossible to do well in. The professor will grade students based on their own criteria and grading system. It's difficult to find motivation when you already know the best grade possible in a course is a B. Keeping my scholarship has becoming increasingly stressful. Academically, the system here is very unjust. Besides the classes themselves, the university is just disgraceful. They grossly overcharge students for poor quality housing and food that I would expect to find in a prison. Advisers are not knowledgeable at all. The students here all have the same arrogant, entitled attitude. I seriously regret coming to Bentley. Mon, 30 Mar 2015 03:49:50 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BEC_comments.html