StudentsReview - Bridgewater State University - Life at BSU Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC_comments.html Life at BSU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSU for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC_comments.html I am a transfer student and I have bad taste of this school, can't wait to finish my semester. This place only knows how to get your money..specially finance major is tough to deal here with. As a tra... Wed, 24 Aug 2016 04:02:22 GMT StudentsReview 568-175180 568-175180 568 79 Finance Male Undergraduate Class 2016 3rd Year Negative I am a transfer student and I have bad taste of this school, can't wait to finish my semester. This place only knows how to get your money..specially finance major is tough to deal here with. As a transfer student they just take your GPA and give you 2.0 and they simply F**** you. they destroy your life period. Wed, 24 Aug 2016 04:02:22 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSU for Social Workhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC_comments.html You will have no support at all. From the chair of Department, Professor, even the Secretary from the Social Work Department. What BSU call diversity, and multi-cultural I call hostile environment.... Thu, 25 Feb 2016 06:24:16 GMT StudentsReview 568-172871 568-172871 568 66 Social Work Female Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Negative You will have no support at all. From the chair of Department, Professor, even the Secretary from the Social Work Department. What BSU call diversity, and multi-cultural I call hostile environment. Thu, 25 Feb 2016 06:24:16 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about BSU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC_comments.html I attended Bridgewater State from August 2012 to May 2014 after transferring out of 2 other private four year colleges, mostly because I couldn't afford the tuition. I think attending those other coll... Tue, 23 Feb 2016 03:16:03 GMT StudentsReview 568-172838 568-172838 568 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Positive I attended Bridgewater State from August 2012 to May 2014 after transferring out of 2 other private four year colleges, mostly because I couldn't afford the tuition. I think attending those other colleges gave me some perspective so I think my experience may differ from someone who attends the full 4 years (or in many cases, longer).

I had a good experience here overall, but I can definitely see how people did not like Bridgewater depending on their major and professors that they chose, but this variance exists at every college. In fact, I heard some horror stories about certain professors in my program but since I handpicked my professors it worked out well for me. Look on RateMyProfessor before registering for classes and choose your professors wisely. There will always be tenured professors at every school who no longer care about actually teaching, but every single professor I had at Bridgewater cared about their job and imparting knowledge to students.

Bridgewater is not a very selective school so you will meet all types of people here, from different backgrounds and even age groups. I ultimately think this was a positive. Students who I felt weren't smart enough for college were few and far between. I feel that the average Bridgewater student wants to do well and isn't here to slack off.

I commuted to school, as many students here do, so I cannot comment on living in the dorms full time. I have been in most of the dorms and they are pretty standard ( the new dorm however looks fantastic). I cannot comment much on student life, but like any school there are clubs that you can join and other ways to get involved on campus.

Bridgewater isn't perfect by any means. Many of the classroom buildings and the library are probably almost a century old, if not older. This is my biggest complaint about Bridgewater but they are slowly working on it. The newer buildings like the Science Center and the Moakley Center are great.

Probably the second biggest complaint is the general education requirements. The other schools I went to had general education requirements but Bridgewater had by far the most. This causes many students to stay longer than four years simply because they cannot get into the classes they need. The other reason students graduate in 5-6 years is the lack of sections for a required class for a specific major. Many upper level classes I took only offered 1 section a year (in the spring or fall), so if you did not get into those sections tough luck. I knew a science major who waited 2 years to get into a required class and delayed graduation by a year because of it. Advisors are pretty much useless so you are forced to map out what classes you need to sign up for in order to graduate on time. It honestly sounds a lot harder than it is but it is still a pain do deal with. On the other hand, it forces you out of your comfort zone and allows you to take classes that interest you but are not part of your major (for instance, I was able to take a guitar class as an art requirement).

For commuters, the parking situation is awful and I would hear complaints from other commuters all the time about this. They removed the central parking lot a few years back and that made the whole situation worse. They have a new parking garage but they put it at the furthest corner of campus with no classrooms even close to it. The spring street lot is much closer to the classroom buildings but you had to fight for a spot in the morning.

I heard many complaints about the administration but I had absolutely no problem at any point getting what I needed from them. I even screwed up my degree application by filing after the deadline but they worked with me so I could attend graduation.

Overall, I think Bridgewater is a very solid school and probably one of the best state schools in Massachusetts, including Amherst. I went to bigger name private schools but I honestly feel like I got a better education here for far less money. I strongly recommend Bridgewater and I would definitely go there again for the full four years if I had the chance.
Tue, 23 Feb 2016 03:16:03 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about BSU for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC_comments.html The only thing good about this university is the faculty. If you experience any other part of this school is hell. Staff are rude and don't consider you as important to this school. Dealing with admin... Mon, 18 May 2015 06:12:11 GMT StudentsReview 568-161654 568-161654 568 1 Accounting Female Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Neutral The only thing good about this university is the faculty. If you experience any other part of this school is hell. Staff are rude and don't consider you as important to this school. Dealing with administration and the registration office is the worst. Mon, 18 May 2015 06:12:11 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSU for Art & Design Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC_comments.html I attended this college because I was told that it was a college that specialized in education programs and because it was less expensive. I went to school with individuals who were harrassing me. T... Sun, 15 Mar 2015 01:01:30 GMT StudentsReview 568-158283 568-158283 568 60 Art & Design Department Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative I attended this college because I was told that it was a college that specialized in education programs and because it was less expensive. I went to school with individuals who were harrassing me. The school does not take action on this even if the person causing the trouble gives them reason to. I know that I could have gone to a more selective school where they would never get in. The only reason I didn't bother to go to those schools is because of the tuition costs. My advice to you would be for you to go to the best, most selective school that you can get into so you don't need to deal with people who want to change everything to benefit themselves. People who are not as advanced as you are in some ways get jealous so they want to boost themselves up while bringing you down. This does not always occur, but it can. Don't give anyone that opportunity. If you do well enough in school and build positive relationships with people who are not so low as to be jealous of you, then maybe you can network your way to a better job after you graduate. It's worth the cost of tuition to have a better quality of life. A better quality of life might even result in better grades. Take a look at the people the college hires. Do you agree with their hiring decisions? Don't be as narrow-minded as I was when looking at potential colleges. All I thought about was a cheaper school and it really blew up in my face. If you could never get into better schools then you might be perfectly happy there, though. So take your individual situation and see what would be best for your well-being. You don't need some jealous person telling everyone that you have a disorder because you don't put up with any of the feces that spouts out of their mouth. A better school wouldn't even let those people in. Sun, 15 Mar 2015 01:01:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC_comments.html