StudentsReview - Endicott College - Life at Endicott Copyright 2018 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/ENC1_comments.html Life at Endicott - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Endicott for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/ENC1_comments.html housing is horrible to deal with... Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:39:30 GMT StudentsReview 575-182937 575-182937 575 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Negative housing is horrible to deal with Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:39:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/ENC1_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Endicott for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/ENC1_comments.html This place is either heaven or hell. Heaven for guys if you're: sport, rich, arrogant, or "a bro". Heaven for girls if you're: basic, partyyyyy girl, or play a sport. It's hell if you don't like cliqu... Fri, 08 Dec 2017 10:41:59 GMT StudentsReview 575-182179 575-182179 575 58 Political Science Male Undergraduate Class 1921 1st Year Negative This place is either heaven or hell. Heaven for guys if you're: sport, rich, arrogant, or "a bro". Heaven for girls if you're: basic, partyyyyy girl, or play a sport. It's hell if you don't like cliques, getting wasted 4/7 nights of the week, or don't enjoy being around people with IQs in the high double digits.
Don't go here if you don't like that.
DO GO HERE if you a. like to party, b. don't mind stupid classmates, or c. enjoy being around the common "lax bro". This place is AMAZING for lax bros, if you're reading this and you're a lax bro, get your ass over here.
Fri, 08 Dec 2017 10:41:59 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/ENC1_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Endicott for Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/ENC1_comments.html After committing to Endicott, I began reading reviews on this site and others and was appalled by the amount of negative comments about the school. From my first experience on campus at accepted stude... Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:41:10 GMT StudentsReview 575-180269 575-180269 575 18 Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc Female Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Positive After committing to Endicott, I began reading reviews on this site and others and was appalled by the amount of negative comments about the school. From my first experience on campus at accepted students day, I was amazed by how much of a friendlier, warmer environment it was compared to other schools (and I ended up switching from quinnipiac to Endicott last minute because of this). I believe the reason there is so much negative commentary on here is because people are more passionate in voicing their opinion when it is a counter active one. Besides that however, I think anyone committed or looking at endicott should give it a chance. Every time I leave my building, at least a hand full of students will speak to me or wave, even if we aren't the best of friends. And if you're worried about knowing everyone and getting bored because it's a small school, I still pass people I've never seen before and meet a new person at a party every weekend. Some may see this place as cliquey, but everyone I know in my class belongs to a very close knit group of friends, and what makes it the opposite of cliquey is that, while you have your closest friends, so many groups intermingal (and you don't need to be on a sports team to have a group; I was a walk on so I have my sports friend groups and my regular friend groups, it's a beautiful thing!). Endicott just has a wonderful sense of community and everyone's got everyone else's backs, even the teachers. I failed English my first semester for a multitude of reasons and the dean of my major worked with me constantly to figure out how to fix things, and my English professor reached out to me to give me a second chance to resubmit papers to bring up my failing grade so I wouldn't have that mark on my record because he saw that I was struggling. They really care about you here. The nightlife obviously isn't A1 like it would be at big schools, but I have a great time at the decently sized parties here, and if it's an off night, you can just head into Boston, hit up a local bar, or play kings or other games in the dorms with your buddies. Don't be deterred by the negativity on this site; we have a ridiculously high retention rate for a reason. Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:41:10 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/ENC1_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Endicott for Interior Designhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/ENC1_comments.html This school places an strong importance on internship. But then they don't prepare you for internship. My design classes were awful. The teachers were never on campus outside of class, there are a few... Mon, 22 Aug 2016 03:51:40 GMT StudentsReview 575-175128 575-175128 575 71 Interior Design Female Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Negative This school places an strong importance on internship. But then they don't prepare you for internship. My design classes were awful. The teachers were never on campus outside of class, there are a few good students to partner and talk thorugh projects with, but for the most part, students were pretty weak. But they think they are great!

When I did show up at internship with students from other schools, I saw how little i had actually learned at Endicott.

This place is weird. I would nto recommend for social life or classes.
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 03:51:40 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/ENC1_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Endicott for Economicshttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/ENC1_comments.html Ok. Im going to be extremely straightforward with you. I think it's the best way to truly understand what you will get from this school. As for me, I transferred after my Freshman year because I ab... Wed, 08 Jun 2016 05:37:55 GMT StudentsReview 575-173856 575-173856 575 57 Economics Male Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative Ok. Im going to be extremely straightforward with you. I think it's the best way to truly understand what you will get from this school.

As for me, I transferred after my Freshman year because I absolutely hated it. However, what's not right for me doesn't mean that will be the case for you. Let me do my best to describe the overall culture of this school to see if you'll fit in.

Unless you want a continuation of high school, do not go to Endicott College. Because that's exactly what you'll get. Everyone knows everyone here. You are scrutinized for everything you do. If you don't conform to the stereotypical Vineyard Vines preppy look, you will be ostracized.

However, you should go here if you are a sub-par athlete who could not get into a D1 school, but still want to be pampered as if you were. Because that's the reality. "Yeah dude, I could've gone to OSU, but I decided not to because the scholarship here was better." No, you think you're a good athlete just like everyone else, but you're not. That's why you're here.

On top of this, there is absolutely no diversity. You see the same people everyday during your walk to class, and they look at you as if they hate your guts. Sixty percent of the school consists of "basic white girls." Which I guess is ok as a guy, but unless you are a "bro," or as I call them, "meatheads who can't rub two stones together," they will never want to talk to you. Who goes for intelligence nowadays? No one at this school. The girls are very stuck up, and some purposely only talk to the hockey players. All they care about is how much you can bench, and then they'll leave you when that sport management degree gets you a job as a local middle school gym teacher.

That's another thing. Unless you are extremely attractive or athletic, you will not fit in at this school. Sports are everything here. I did not know this, and because of that I only met three good friends (who also transferred for the same reasons). If you don't play a sport, good luck having a social life at this school.

Oh, and the food sucks. Trust me.

Some of the positives I can think of:
- Beautiful campus (in the Spring - don't be fooled, that's how they get you)
- Good facilities, for the most part (LSB is brand new. Library is nice. The academic center is like an oven when it's hot out). However, they are not taken full advantage of, such as lower Callahan. If the students didn't only care about staying in and getting drunk on the weekends, then maybe it would be more lively.
- Dorms are probably some of the nicest around. It depends though. Stoneridge, Bayview, Marblehead, and the new Frates hall are nice. Stay away from Brindle (The Dirty B) and Reynolds (gets too hot and cramped). Not sure about the other upperclassmen dorms.
- The Lodge (good for when your body can't handle Callahan food anymore)
- Einstein's (coffee shop). I wasn't really a fan, but it's the equivalent of Starbucks.
- The President hosts occasional barbecues for the whole school at his mansion down the street.
- The beaches (well, sort of - good for the first and last two weeks of the year. Even then, they're not that good. Very rocky and people like to cause trouble - again, it's college. Tip: go to Lynch park or Dane Street beach down the street. Much better.)

To summarize, you should go here if:
- You are considered attractive
- You are considered athletic and plan on playing a sport
- Academics are not that important to you
- You enjoy small parties that get shut down after 30 minutes
- You only plan on getting a 9-5 job when you graduate, with no upward mobility in the workforce.

You should not go here if:
- You primarily value a good education
- You are not into sports
- You are average-looking
- You want real friends instead of "people you hang around with"
- You want edible food

I'm sorry if this seems too harsh, but that's the experience I had. Obviously some people really enjoy it here. I'm just not one of them. I was not surprised at the end of the year to see that a lot of freshmen were transferring too. I hope I provided a different view, which many people that go here share. The best thing you can do is learn from my experience, and really do your research to see if this school is the best fit for you. If not, the United States has a lot to offer when it comes to getting a good education. Good luck.
Wed, 08 Jun 2016 05:37:55 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/ENC1_comments.html