StudentsReview - Harvard University - Life at Harvard Copyright 2019 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/HU_comments.html Life at Harvard - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Harvard for Aerospace Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/HU_comments.html I'd like to say that going to Harvard was a good decision. I wish I could say that going to Harvard taught me vital lessons. Unfortunately, Harvard is overrun with poor, animalistic, intellect... Sun, 19 Aug 2018 12:10:52 GMT StudentsReview 580-183540 580-183540 580 2 Aerospace Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative I'd like to say that going to Harvard was a good decision.

I wish I could say that going to Harvard taught me vital lessons.

Unfortunately, Harvard is overrun with poor, animalistic, intellectuals who didn't pay their fair share of admissions. My family purchased at least three buildings in order to get into Harvard.

This is the way it should be.

But during my second year, I discovered that not all Harvard students payed their way in. What is this?!?!!? In the good ol' days of the American meritocracy Harvard respected the capitalist hegemony, now I don't know what our future looks like.

Also, everyone smells like broccoli here. Classes are pseudo anarchists. Don't trust the system. Especially the crminal justice system.

thank you for your time.
Sun, 19 Aug 2018 12:10:52 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/HU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Harvard for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/HU_comments.html Harvard University..or should I say Ivy League Hell? I am an undergraduate computer science student and I can honestly say, this school has disappointed me in more ways than one. To be clear, I am a s... Wed, 27 Sep 2017 04:13:20 GMT StudentsReview 580-181152 580-181152 580 12 Computer Science Female Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative Harvard University..or should I say Ivy League Hell? I am an undergraduate computer science student and I can honestly say, this school has disappointed me in more ways than one. To be clear, I am a student of Harvard COLLEGE, which is separate from the University where all the "top-notch researches" study. I'm going into my third year here and I am seriously considering transferring due to the pathetic academics, poor social scene and horrible overall experience.

The administration constantly brags about the large amount of diversity here. Whatever they say is a LIE. There is barely any diversity here if they're talking about race or ethnicity. It's like, 40% whites and 50% Asians, and the rest is a mix of blacks or Hispanics (10%). Cambridge has become an insanely large tourist trap for visitors from China, Korea, and Thailand. Cambridge is large, keep in mind, but the amount of tourists who travel in groups around the campus is INSANE. If you're someone who doesn't feel safe walking around a huge city by yourself, don't come to Harvard. It's not a closed campus. It's thrown right into the busy streets of Cambridge. There are a lot of great restaurants but they're rather expensive.

The students here are terrible. There are a lot of arrogant, closed-minded brainiacs in the computer science department and they aren't there to make friends. In fact, nobody here is willing to make friends unless you're in a frat or sorority, or if you're a Social Justice Warrior. Politically speaking, DON'T come here if you're a conservative or have any anti-liberal views. You'll be shunned by everybody, even the teachers who are EXTREMELY left-winged. Just a warning.

The academics are only slightly enriching. Yeah, I learned a lot in a Philosophy course but did the teacher actually teach? No. He just rambled on and on about his personal life and never gave us grades on our essays. I did most of my own research, since the teacher failed to teach anything. In all honesty, these classes are just like classes at any other college. You can get the same kind of work at a community college. Harvard College is nicknamed for being the "Community College" here at Harvard, and I can see why.

The social scene is, of course, what you make of it. There are clubs and such, but people are always busy studying or working on projects so barely anyone gets involved. Like I said, it's mostly people from China or foreign countries so they all stick together and don't really socialize with anyone outside of their groups. There are a lot of preppy kids, along with rich snobs who come from extremely wealthy families. Most of them have family members who studied here so that's probably why they're here.

In conclusion, this school is far too overrated for what it is. If you're looking for an Ivy League, try applying to Cornell or Duke. I hear they're much better.
Wed, 27 Sep 2017 04:13:20 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/HU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Harvard for Undecidedhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/HU_comments.html It is extremely difficult to believe many of these reviews are legitimate Harvard students/alum, considering the grammatical and spelling errors contains within. I think the typical Harvard student w... Mon, 19 Dec 2016 12:05:35 GMT StudentsReview 580-177517 580-177517 580 52 Undecided Male Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Neutral It is extremely difficult to believe many of these reviews are legitimate Harvard students/alum, considering the grammatical and spelling errors contains within. I think the typical Harvard student would, at a minimum, proofread their comments. Mon, 19 Dec 2016 12:05:35 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/HU_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Harvard for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/HU_comments.html Social life was amazing, however I felt the coursework for my major was a bit easy and required very little effort to get a 4.0. Would have liked a more studious enviornment; all my dormroom neighbors... Mon, 14 Sep 2015 04:30:17 GMT StudentsReview 580-170888 580-170888 580 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2008 4th Year Neutral Social life was amazing, however I felt the coursework for my major was a bit easy and required very little effort to get a 4.0. Would have liked a more studious enviornment; all my dormroom neighbors were into partying and socializing NONSTOP, whereas I wanted to crack open Tolstoy's War and Peace or Plato's Republic. Mon, 14 Sep 2015 04:30:17 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/HU_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about Harvard for Engineering Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/HU_comments.html Summer school/ there areinimL places to study without constant disruptions by kid and tours. There are no library's open on weekend and during the week they all close early. There is no coffee avail... Sun, 26 Jul 2015 11:33:32 GMT StudentsReview 580-163599 580-163599 580 61 Engineering Department Female Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Advice Summer school/ there areinimL places to study without constant disruptions by kid and tours. There are no library's open on weekend and during the week they all close early. There is no coffee available m weekends in any buildings. Why would any college, never mind an Ivy League school not have a library open on the weekend? During the last 4 weeks there have been two mugging a in the Harvard square area and security is never seen around campus. Security staff that are available can't call other buildings. This is a dangerous place waiting for something bad to happen before the staff it appropriately!!! This complaint is from a dissatisfied parent. Sun, 26 Jul 2015 11:33:32 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/HU_comments.html