StudentsReview - MCPHS University - Life at MCPHS Copyright 2018 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_comments.html Life at MCPHS - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about MCPHS for PreMed and Medicalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_comments.html I have been a Pre-Medical and Health Sciences major for three years at the Boston campus and my experience at this university has been phenomenal. Because I am from Massachusetts, I was already famili... Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:33:41 GMT StudentsReview 584-182918 584-182918 584 36 PreMed and Medical Female Undergraduate Class 1921 3rd Year Positive I have been a Pre-Medical and Health Sciences major for three years at the Boston campus and my experience at this university has been phenomenal. Because I am from Massachusetts, I was already familiar with Boston. The school is located in the Longwood Medical Area, thus allowing a lot of opportunities to study/volunteer/work at some of the best hospitals in the country. I personally have done research at Children's Hospital and have worked as a volunteer at Dana Farber for three years.

In regards to MCPHS itself, the coursework is very difficult but very manageable. As a third year, all of my professors (maybe except one) have been helpful, accommodating, and present to answer questions. The faculty is very approachable, but it is important to get to know them at the beginning of the semester and ask questions throughout the semester rather than wait until you are struggling with a course. This university truly prepares you to be a healthcare provider, and you must be willing to work for your degree. Boston is a massive city with lots to explore, so the lack of activities on campus is more than made up for by the awesome city surrounding the school.

If you decide to attend this university, it is important to know what the school does not offer so you are not caught off guard: The university has no sports teams, has a small library, and only offers guaranteed housing to freshman (although almost all sophomores get housing as well). I lived on campus as a freshman but I now have an apartment in Fenway, which is about a 5 minute walk to the school. Also, MCPHS is a healthcare school - they offer very few "liberal arts" courses. If you are not sure a career in healthcare is the best for you, MCPHS may not be the school you'll want to go to, as healthcare majors are the only choice. However, MCPHS is part of a group of schools called the COF, and students can take courses at other colleges (including WIT, Emmanuel, Wheelock, MassArt, etc.) Because I am a Pre-Medical student (PA Graduate Program Tract), I can only speak to my experience for the Arts and Sciences professors - I have no experience with the PharmD faculty or Nursing faculty.
Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:33:41 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about MCPHS for PreMed and Medicalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_comments.html MCPHS is probably one of the worst schools out there. I went here reading reviews that this is a bad school but i disregarded them thinking maybe those people just had a bad experience personally. But... Tue, 19 Dec 2017 01:03:38 GMT StudentsReview 584-182269 584-182269 584 36 PreMed and Medical Female Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Negative MCPHS is probably one of the worst schools out there. I went here reading reviews that this is a bad school but i disregarded them thinking maybe those people just had a bad experience personally. But no, this school has nothing and is nothing. It seems like a good school because of its location and its academic reputation and the unique programs they have. It's true they have very nice programs and pathways but to be honest everything else makes these programs just not worth it. To start is the campus itself. Not enough dorms, no dining hall, no gym, not enough study spaces, one small library, and crowded classrooms. Then, they are severely understaffed. There are not enough professors and most of the on campus employees are students. Please don't get carried away with their programs and the appeal of it. This school is just not practical. You need to go to a school in a healthy learning environment. You will Struggle to find an apartment in Boston, struggle to have personal relationships with professors, struggle to find a quiet study space, and you will have professor Garafalo for chemistry. Its just not worth it. One thing you must know is that this school has a high tuition fee and an acceptance rate of 84%. They accept 84% of their applicants not because they are amazing applicants but because most of the school's money comes from the students. So really youre not a prospective student but a prospective paycheck. Yet, even when accepting 84% of applicants and receiving great amounts of money from student tuitions, this school still seems to lack greatly in academic resources. The president of MCPHS University, Charles F. Monahan Jr., earned $1.4 million in the 2014-15 school year. According to the Boston Globe, That is more than what the presidents of Northeastern University and Harvard are paid." However, this seems to not be enough money to improve the school. As of now, the pharmacy, nursing, and optometry program are not up to full accreditation standards. The nursing program has been given a formal warning from the state of Massachusetts and the doctor of pharmacy program was placed on probation by accreditors in June. I don't think this school will last another 20 years so I would highly discourage anyone from applying to this school. The price you pay to go here has no benefits and will not advance your education. Tue, 19 Dec 2017 01:03:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about MCPHS for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_comments.html Right about the time you think things can't get any worse....they do. Im in the Manchester nursing programs. This is a predatory business. For starters they do this thing where they give you a ' $2... Sat, 12 Aug 2017 09:33:03 GMT StudentsReview 584-180769 584-180769 584 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Neutral Right about the time you think things can't get any worse....they do. Im in the Manchester nursing programs.
This is a predatory business. For starters they do this thing where they give you a ' $2000 scholarship' discount, if you maintain a good gpa,
problem is they will actively work to fail 30% of the class so not only do they have 30% of very good students repeat a semester but they loose thier discount. In reality even for the students who make it they add on all these extra fees which makes the actual cost of the school tuition (not including room and board) about $75,000.

Over the past 6 months to year there has been a 90% faculty turnover. The educational quality is terrible, last class had a 50% 1st time NCLEX pass rate, they won't let you see those figures!!! Classes consist of unprepared faculty reading from slides created 5 years earlier by some faculty member who left. They are disorganized, and the information is not current, read the book and it is totally different information, ask the fuculty member to explain and they say 'don't worry about it' it is anyone's guess which answer will the the 'right' one on the exams.
The worst part is the environment of fear and coercion the school creates. If you complain they respond by threatening you, we were told that if we publicly criticized the program we would never get jobs and they would not give us reccomendations for jobs. You are trapped, they have your money you are 2 semesters in and you have few choices. Wow and I took on $120k in student loans for this!!! Don't go to this program, youll regret every day you are here.
Sat, 12 Aug 2017 09:33:03 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about MCPHS for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_comments.html I have completed my first full year here at the Boston campus and I wish I went somewhere else. The school is very cheap when it comes to their resources and staff. Often bathrooms and printers are ou... Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:51:22 GMT StudentsReview 584-180341 584-180341 584 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative I have completed my first full year here at the Boston campus and I wish I went somewhere else. The school is very cheap when it comes to their resources and staff. Often bathrooms and printers are out of service and the elevators have a lot of issues. The program itself is on probation due to the Nursing students not being able to pass their boards successfully, and for 45,000 a year, i expect a wonderful education and have yet to receive it. I have many teachers who just lecture you, are extremely unavailable, often arrogant and assuming we have already had background information. My academic counselor is often too busy to see me and never returns my emails. Overall, the school is not worth the money or the time and I strongly urge anyone who is going to apply to look elsewhere. It is a small college, clicky and expensive, and its not worth your time or money. Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:51:22 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about MCPHS for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_comments.html I am now a second-year nursing student at MCPHS Boston and am writing this review to caution everyone from staying away from this program. This program is in jeopardy of losing its accreditation due t... Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:40:24 GMT StudentsReview 584-180323 584-180323 584 30 Nursing Male Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative I am now a second-year nursing student at MCPHS Boston and am writing this review to caution everyone from staying away from this program. This program is in jeopardy of losing its accreditation due to the fact that its curriculum is absolute trash. Before enrolling, I read many reviews stating almost all "good" faculty left, which I now believe, because it seems all that's left are professors who zoom through 100 slides in an hour simply narrating and offer incredibly limited further explanation. I understand it's college, but I'd never expected a school with such inaccessible resources, careless professors and poor ability to create a college environment. Campus life is absolutely non-existent, the dining halls are infested with mice and, best part, financial aid is a joke. Making Dean's List every semester, this school hasn't increased my financial aid, not even slightly for the coming year, keeping it at a solid $2,000 a semester despite maintaining a 4.1 GPA in high school as well. They're greedy for money and won't look back at the students who fail out. So, if enrolling, be ready to take out loans and have massive debt upon graduation. I would not recommend this school to any student. Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:40:24 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_comments.html