StudentsReview - Mount Ida College - Life at MIC Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html Life at MIC - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about MIC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html ----DO NOT COME HERE---- This school is absolutely horrendous. The facilities, dorms, classrooms, etc, are all extremely outdated, or if they have been "renovated", it has already been destroyed. Unl... Thu, 23 Apr 2015 02:09:19 GMT StudentsReview 588-159935 588-159935 588 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Negative ----DO NOT COME HERE----
This school is absolutely horrendous. The facilities, dorms, classrooms, etc, are all extremely outdated, or if they have been "renovated", it has already been destroyed. Unless you live in New Hall (which is ironically 7 years old) it is like living in a jungle. The campus life is not structured for you to have a great experience. It is set to have you fail. There is no such thing as the word "fun" in the residence life office. I was treated as more of an adult in my high school. The residence life office staff is not approachable, and almost intimidates you. They do not care about your well being, they simply care about looking good in front of auditors for more money. The school is extremely over priced, and when you see the conditions of the school you wonder where all your money is going. On the outside it is somewhat well maintained especially around certain dates (accepted students day, commencement, open house). But, the inside of buildings is something you see in a horror movie. The food here is so bad I do not even want to get in depth of it because I cringe at the thought of it. I've starved many nights because I refuse to eat the food. The one good thing about the school is location. It is set back in a wooded area tucked away from everything, but is only a few miles away from Boston and the MBTA train. The classes are not as challenging as they portrayed them to be when I came for open house and orientation. I put in average effort and still earned a acceptably high GPA. The classes are smaller scale which is nice to be interactive instead of a large 200+ person lecture. With this short review I can say I fully regret not transferring from Mount Ida when I had the chance. Yes, it is my fault, but the longer I attended the worse it got. Be smart, go to a state school to enjoy your time in school as well get a recognizable degree.
Thu, 23 Apr 2015 02:09:19 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about MIC for Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html ths school is a joke, dont come here... Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:03:19 GMT StudentsReview 588-157398 588-157398 588 14 Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc Male Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Negative ths school is a joke, dont come here Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:03:19 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about MIC for PreVet and Veterinaryhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html This school is one that you either hate, or love. There's not much to do on campus, though they are trying really hard to fix that. They recently started an accapella group, and have special shows on ... Sun, 16 Nov 2014 09:48:16 GMT StudentsReview 588-153616 588-153616 588 55 PreVet and Veterinary Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Neutral This school is one that you either hate, or love. There's not much to do on campus, though they are trying really hard to fix that. They recently started an accapella group, and have special shows on weekends sometimes. Its definitely some place where you need to search for things to do and not just lay around. The opportunities aren't just going to fall into your hands. In my experience the most prevalent thing that people do on campus is smoke, but that's only because its easy to do and everyone does it. The teachers are pretty helpful, and know what they are talking about, aside from a few that don't speak very good English. If you come here and DO YOUR WORK, you will get you money's worth. The Vet Tech and Dental programs are VERY hard. If you're not willing to work, then you should pick something else. Malloy hall is pretty nice. It is suite style and you share 2 bathrooms with a total of 12 people (yourself included). Its easy to go into Boston with access to the free shuttle, which is not always reliable, but it gets you to where you need to go. A lot of the people here are not the brightest. If you're smart, I would only come here for either the Vet Tech Program or Dental program. Everything else here is a joke. With that being said, I think you should come here for a tour and visit before you take my word for it. Its all about what you want. Sun, 16 Nov 2014 09:48:16 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about MIC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html Here I was a year ago looking at college reviews. MIC is an ok school, some people expect a lot out of a 2000 person easy to get into school and write bad reviews accordingly. Some of the bad review... Sat, 03 May 2014 11:01:35 GMT StudentsReview 588-107555 588-107555 588 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive Here I was a year ago looking at college reviews. MIC is an ok school, some people expect a lot out of a 2000 person easy to get into school and write bad reviews accordingly. Some of the bad reviews I believe are wrong or misrepresenting, or made by negative people, some are definitely legitimate. College is too expensive, a lot of people get scholarships though. 12k for housing, 29k for attending. I got 12k scholarship, sports players may get more.
Mount Ida has done a lot over the last year, they're constantly remodeling or building new stuff, or making the campus look nicer, campus looks nice at the end of the year after lots of remodeling.

Regarding academics, some classes I love and are relevant, some are a necessary waste of time. Workload isn't too bad, if your focused on getting good grades then you'll have a solid amount of work. Teachers are good, some from impressive backgrounds with aid lectures, I had one that spoke weak English out of two semisters.

Regarding social life, it's somewhat hard for a suburban white kid like me to make friends black kids from the hood who say "my nigga" every other word. People are nice, and there's strict policies on fighting so there aren't any tools that walk around trying to fight people. There's hot girls, there's ugly girls, like at any college. Social life is pretty weak I must say. Unless your a hot girl, or a really social person, or in sports, you may not have a good social life here. Lots of people drink mainly on Thursday-Saturday then go to exclusive room parties.

Regarding student body: a lot of friendly people, nice student body, didn't meet many people I didn't like. Though there's kids from the hood here and they won't hesitate to steal anything from you that you leave out in the open, thieves are probably at every school though. If you live on a ground floor people will reach in your windows and steal stuff laying out, pretty sad.
A lot of tatted up black kids who hang in their groups, not particularly welcoming for a white kid like me.

Regarding public events, there's a dance every once in a while, there good dances but not held frequently, football and lacrosse games, shows, concerts*, etc.

Regarding living conditions, basic college rooms, small, nothing special, not great, bathrooms are cleaned every morning but are often really messy once the day starts, bathrooms kinda suck, I'm a man though and can deal with it. I'm sure facilities and hallways for the girls are much better. RAs on my floor were very lax, some RAs will drink with you, some will be cops.

Cons: bad desserts!, a lot of black people from the hood, not so good social life, scary bathrooms, people steal, boys floors are loud and smelly, some pointless classes you have to take, easy to get bored.

Pros: friendly people, easy to get into, foods ok, teachers are good, facilities are nice, campus looks nice, some good intramurals, hot girls, not too much workload, dances and other social events, close to boston, nice gym, new facilities and advances, etc.

Overall, ok school, could be better, not bad considering its easy to get into and small. I don't expect rippers everyday and top notch academics from a small school, those who do May be dismayed. The school mostly met my expectations. Academics were fairly good, which is one of the most important factors.
Sat, 03 May 2014 11:01:35 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about MIC for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html If you're thinking about going to this school, please do not. I graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA. Going to this school was a HORRIBLE decision. Mount Ida is a prison, for intelligent, regular peop... Sat, 18 Jan 2014 06:34:27 GMT StudentsReview 588-100304 588-100304 588 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative If you're thinking about going to this school, please do not. I graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA. Going to this school was a HORRIBLE decision. Mount Ida is a prison, for intelligent, regular people like me. There is no diversity. There are no academic clubs. For over a month, there was no access to the gym. No hot water! The food makes me sick, daily. Don't waste your time here, please. The classes aren't academically challenging, in the slightest. I taught myself chemistry through youtube last semester. This year at Mount Ida was an absolute waste of time for me, and after this semester, I'm transferring. I live in freshmen housing. I'm pretty sure one of my RAs has a learning disability. Both of them are extremely unapproachable and rude. This place is absolute hell. DON'T GO HERE. Sat, 18 Jan 2014 06:34:27 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html