StudentsReview - Mount Ida College - Life at MIChttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html Life at MIC - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about MIC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html Here I was a year ago looking at college reviews. MIC is an ok school, some people expect a lot out of a 2000 person easy to get into school and write bad reviews accordingly. Some of the bad review... Sat, 03 May 2014 10:01:35 GMT StudentsReview 588-107555 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 588-107555 588 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive Here I was a year ago looking at college reviews. MIC is an ok school, some people expect a lot out of a 2000 person easy to get into school and write bad reviews accordingly. Some of the bad reviews I believe are wrong or misrepresenting, or made by negative people, some are definitely legitimate. College is too expensive, a lot of people get scholarships though. 12k for housing, 29k for attending. I got 12k scholarship, sports players may get more.
Mount Ida has done a lot over the last year, they're constantly remodeling or building new stuff, or making the campus look nicer, campus looks nice at the end of the year after lots of remodeling.

Regarding academics, some classes I love and are relevant, some are a necessary waste of time. Workload isn't too bad, if your focused on getting good grades then you'll have a solid amount of work. Teachers are good, some from impressive backgrounds with aid lectures, I had one that spoke weak English out of two semisters.

Regarding social life, it's somewhat hard for a suburban white kid like me to make friends black kids from the hood who say "my nigga" every other word. People are nice, and there's strict policies on fighting so there aren't any tools that walk around trying to fight people. There's hot girls, there's ugly girls, like at any college. Social life is pretty weak I must say. Unless your a hot girl, or a really social person, or in sports, you may not have a good social life here. Lots of people drink mainly on Thursday-Saturday then go to exclusive room parties.

Regarding student body: a lot of friendly people, nice student body, didn't meet many people I didn't like. Though there's kids from the hood here and they won't hesitate to steal anything from you that you leave out in the open, thieves are probably at every school though. If you live on a ground floor people will reach in your windows and steal stuff laying out, pretty sad.
A lot of tatted up black kids who hang in their groups, not particularly welcoming for a white kid like me.

Regarding public events, there's a dance every once in a while, there good dances but not held frequently, football and lacrosse games, shows, concerts*, etc.

Regarding living conditions, basic college rooms, small, nothing special, not great, bathrooms are cleaned every morning but are often really messy once the day starts, bathrooms kinda suck, I'm a man though and can deal with it. I'm sure facilities and hallways for the girls are much better. RAs on my floor were very lax, some RAs will drink with you, some will be cops.

Cons: bad desserts!, a lot of black people from the hood, not so good social life, scary bathrooms, people steal, boys floors are loud and smelly, some pointless classes you have to take, easy to get bored.

Pros: friendly people, easy to get into, foods ok, teachers are good, facilities are nice, campus looks nice, some good intramurals, hot girls, not too much workload, dances and other social events, close to boston, nice gym, new facilities and advances, etc.

Overall, ok school, could be better, not bad considering its easy to get into and small. I don't expect rippers everyday and top notch academics from a small school, those who do May be dismayed. The school mostly met my expectations. Academics were fairly good, which is one of the most important factors.
Sat, 03 May 2014 10:01:35 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about MIC for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html If you're thinking about going to this school, please do not. I graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA. Going to this school was a HORRIBLE decision. Mount Ida is a prison, for intelligent, regular peop... Sat, 18 Jan 2014 05:34:27 GMT StudentsReview 588-100304 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 588-100304 588 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative If you're thinking about going to this school, please do not. I graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA. Going to this school was a HORRIBLE decision. Mount Ida is a prison, for intelligent, regular people like me. There is no diversity. There are no academic clubs. For over a month, there was no access to the gym. No hot water! The food makes me sick, daily. Don't waste your time here, please. The classes aren't academically challenging, in the slightest. I taught myself chemistry through youtube last semester. This year at Mount Ida was an absolute waste of time for me, and after this semester, I'm transferring. I live in freshmen housing. I'm pretty sure one of my RAs has a learning disability. Both of them are extremely unapproachable and rude. This place is absolute hell. DON'T GO HERE. Sat, 18 Jan 2014 05:34:27 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about MIC for Criminalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html I went to Mount Ida right after I gradated high school and it was a terrible mistake. The school is horrible, the people that go there are snooty and rude, the wifi never works, and its just an overal... Thu, 19 Dec 2013 09:20:56 GMT StudentsReview 588-98671 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 588-98671 588 44 Criminal Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative I went to Mount Ida right after I gradated high school and it was a terrible mistake. The school is horrible, the people that go there are snooty and rude, the wifi never works, and its just an overall bad school. There are no parties or social life at all. I finished one semester and I withdrew as soon as I could. Thu, 19 Dec 2013 09:20:56 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about MIC for Criminalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html This school is HORRIBLE!!! The people here are rich stuck up ass wholes! If you are not apart of a sports team you will have no social life. This school is a complete JOKE! There is no fun to be had h... Mon, 18 Nov 2013 02:32:50 GMT StudentsReview 588-97167 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 588-97167 588 44 Criminal Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative This school is HORRIBLE!!! The people here are rich stuck up ass wholes! If you are not apart of a sports team you will have no social life. This school is a complete JOKE! There is no fun to be had here! If you play music or have your tv on people will complain to your RA! If you are a freshmen & live in wingate (like me) don't leave your windows open at night because the tiles in your ceiling will blow up. There is also a leak over my bed that I can't get maintenance to come fix. The school has absolutely NO pride or spirt. The sport players get no support from the school, everyone expects them to do bad! The food is gross! I eat salad & yogurt everyday for breakfast and lunch. The schools rules are very restricting so ALOT of times you have to get off campus to enjoy yourself which is hard if you have no car or money. Some RA's are very nosey and always stick their noses where they don't belong. If you try to have fun on weekends in your room RA's do rounds to make sure that doesn't happen. SOME teachers are horrible and simply give busy work. My high schools work was more challenging than the work here. I don't feel like after my four years here that I will be prepared to work in the criminal justice field! The bathrooms are gross. There is always mold on the ceiling and toilets ore often clogged. Laura Deavo is a BITCH from hell! & I swear that the new president of MIC is doing his hardest to make sure that our lives are living hells. I have not met anyone who actually likes & wants to stay at this school! The school is hard to transfer out of because all credits won't transfer. On campus parties are more like elementary school dances. Not to bring race into this but if your african american and are used to being around other African Americans then take my advice & stay far away This school is a waste of time and money. The only good thing about this school is the shuttle system and the career services. I hate this school and pray everyday that things will get better. If this school is your only choice I would suggest going to the army, going right to work , or going to community college. I had more freedom at home this school is a living nightmare and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy !!!!!!!!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!! Mon, 18 Nov 2013 02:32:50 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about MIC for Animal Studieshttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html Excellent program, best program reputation... Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:37:08 GMT StudentsReview 588-91984 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 588-91984 588 45 Animal Studies Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive Excellent program, best program reputation Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:37:08 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MIC_comments.html