StudentsReview - Andrews University - Life at Andrews Copyright 2019 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MI/AU_comments.html Life at Andrews - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Andrews for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MI/AU_comments.html College was very helpful for me in terms of providing an environement to learn crucial life skills. I had to learn how to find balance, purpose, and motivation to accomplish my goals. Although there w... Wed, 22 Mar 2017 07:13:11 GMT StudentsReview 665-179296 665-179296 665 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Neutral College was very helpful for me in terms of providing an environement to learn crucial life skills. I had to learn how to find balance, purpose, and motivation to accomplish my goals. Although there were many opportunities for distraction, which are sometimes magnified in a college setting, I was able to connect with like-minded students who grew to become life-long friends that helped me along the way. I would say that it is important to find a competent, experienced, and encouraging advisor to assist you with academic and career planning. I suffered greatly from not having the proper career and academic guidance, therefore causing me to become quite lost and unmotivated following college. It took me several years to find the right career path and I had to essentially start over many times. I think this could have been mostly avoided if the college provided adequate career development, exploration, and career counseling support, in addition to academic advising. I took so many extra credits that I didn't need to take. As you can imagine, my student loans are through the roof and almost impossible to pay off. I don't regret attending but I do think there can be some major improvements that can help students become more successful and meet their career goals. As much as this college is helpful for character building, spiritual foundation, and finding great friends...at the end of the day...we all need a job...a career. That should be high on the priority list! Wed, 22 Mar 2017 07:13:11 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MI/AU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Andrews for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MI/AU_comments.html Andrews University is not the place to attend if you are a female or of a religion other than SDA. Females and people of other faiths are treated as second class citizens and SDAs, particularly males... Sun, 13 Nov 2016 07:37:52 GMT StudentsReview 665-176748 665-176748 665 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2005 4th Year Negative Andrews University is not the place to attend if you are a female or of a religion other than SDA. Females and people of other faiths are treated as second class citizens and SDAs, particularly males, are given priority over other students based only upon their SDA affiliation and gender and not on merit or real academic success and capabilities. Do not attend this school if you value yourself as a female or if you hold any other belief....it is extremely narrow minded. I am a 4.0 student and have many honors.... Sun, 13 Nov 2016 07:37:52 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MI/AU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Andrews for Physical Therapy/Exercise Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MI/AU_comments.html If you are a Muslim student, do not go here... you will definitely be discriminated against, unless- of course- they succeed in their intention to convert you.... Thu, 21 Jan 2016 03:14:31 GMT StudentsReview 665-172462 665-172462 665 74 Physical Therapy/Exercise Science Female Undergraduate Class 2001 4th Year Negative If you are a Muslim student, do not go here... you will definitely be discriminated against, unless- of course- they succeed in their intention to convert you. Thu, 21 Jan 2016 03:14:31 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MI/AU_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Andrews for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MI/AU_comments.html My University experience at Andrews has been a very positive one. For someone searching for a christian atmosphere this is a great school to attend as I definitely felt it here. Having said that, stud... Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:50:13 GMT StudentsReview 665-112957 665-112957 665 38 Psychology Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Neutral My University experience at Andrews has been a very positive one. For someone searching for a christian atmosphere this is a great school to attend as I definitely felt it here. Having said that, students are required to attend a certain number of chapels, hall activities, worships, etc.. each semester and are charged if they are not. I personally do not agree with this, but it is something that I have found at other christian institutions I have attended as well. Some say that Jesus is thrown into everything or shoved down their throat. I don't understand this complaint though as it is clearly a christian university and if they did not want Religion to be a large part of campus life, they should have attended a secular university. It would be equivalent to attending a french immersion school and then complaining that everything is in french.

The professors have always been very helpful to me, and have always been willing to make time outside of class to explain areas of the class in greater detail. The Administration Office staff are notorious for being incredibly slow, so take that into consideration if you're planning on coming here.
Students have all seemed very friendly, and depending on what type of friends you are looking for, you will find them. This school is the Second(I think?) most diverse university in North America and is... number 6? for vegan options in the cafeteria.

Berrien Springs is Incredibly boring, however St. Joseph and Benton Harbor are both about 15 minutes away, Chicago is 2 hours away, and Detroit is about 3. The closeness of these large cities makes the drabness of Berrien irrelivant.

If you're looking for a great Christian experience than I would suggest coming to Andrews if you can Afford it. Key word being Afford. It's about 34k-37k a year, although depending on what scholarships you get, you can get a lot of that knocked off.

If you score in the highest range for the ACT or SAT I believe you get 10k a year off, and then if you aren't making a large amount of money each year you could get another 5k+ a year as an Andrews gift. So generally you're left with the year costing 20k or lower.
Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:50:13 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MI/AU_comments.html