StudentsReview - Bethel University - Life at BUhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html Life at BU - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about BU for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html I came to bethel with the hopes I would have a fun and educational college experience. I found in my first couple of months here "fun" has a different definition. I live in a suite with 5 other girls ... Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:09:23 GMT StudentsReview 704-156011 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 704-156011 704 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Neutral I came to bethel with the hopes I would have a fun and educational college experience. I found in my first couple of months here "fun" has a different definition. I live in a suite with 5 other girls and their definition of a super fun Friday night is watching a movie or maybe knitting a scarf. Which was fine with me I enjoy a chill night every now and then. However the bethel bubble is a real thing and I very quickly got sick of it. If you're somebody who wants to party all week believe me this is not the school for you! However I found that as long as you have friends at the U or somewhere else in the area, the thought of the weekend tends to get you through the week. I like bethel during the week because I can get my sleep, eat healthy food, and in general be a good kid with good grades. On weekends I turn into a hood rat and smoke and drink with my friends at the U. I honestly have come to like this double life, just because if I went to the U for school I would definitely party full time.
Christian atmosphere is pretty good, expect to get judged if you drink, smoke, or are gay. Everything else is pretty much ok as long as you don't swear a lot like I do, but I've gotten used to it. My advice to anybody coming in here would be to not be fake in your search for real friends. If you don't want to be in the homeschooled jesus freak friend group, don't act like it then just because bethel wants you to, be yourself and let the people judge, true friends will come and you will get the college experience you deserve
Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:09:23 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about BU for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html Mmmkay well i came to bethel cuz i wanted to go to a different state, i liked the location, and i thought it would be chill to be in a christian environment. Didn't know it would be so conservative. l... Sun, 26 Oct 2014 10:59:31 GMT StudentsReview 704-152107 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 704-152107 704 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative Mmmkay well i came to bethel cuz i wanted to go to a different state, i liked the location, and i thought it would be chill to be in a christian environment. Didn't know it would be so conservative. listen. if you a very christian individual coming from a private christian high school, you would fit in great here. If you are anyone who is looking to come for a genuine college experience, do not come to bethel. There is absolutely no parties on campus, no drinking on campus, and it is extremely hard to find people that do party. I was lucky to find a small group of dudes that were down to drink. Luckily i lived 500 miles away, so i could have a car here. We go to the U of MN frequently to help escape the bethel bubble, but in all honesty, the U isn't that great. Unless you have friends in frats there, good luck getting in. If you do get in, chances of finding a decent party with dancing and music are slim. Basically don't come to bethel if you want a party scene, and don't expect to find a GREAT one if you go off campus to the U.

If you want to get in a relationship and find the one you love and want to marry, come to bethel. If you are looking for a few hookups and maybe have a thing with someone, odds are you won't find that here. People are very sheltered here, so do not swear or crack sexual jokes. People will not accept you.

In my class i would say there are probably 8 girls that would scale above a "7". not a ton of hot girls here. And if you do find one, good luck. she probably already has a boyfriend.

On the plus side the campus is nice because everything is fairly close together, its a gated college so you definitely feel secure, and the professors/education aspect of it is great too. There is a chapel service every day of the week, and a large worship every sunday night. You should have no problems with staining your faith here.
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 10:59:31 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about BU for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html The professors are the best part about this school. They genuinely care for you as a whole person... not just your academic success but your overall well being and future. They are always there for yo... Thu, 16 Oct 2014 12:34:12 GMT StudentsReview 704-144210 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 704-144210 704 79 Finance Female Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Positive The professors are the best part about this school. They genuinely care for you as a whole person... not just your academic success but your overall well being and future. They are always there for you to talk, get advice from, and clarify anything if you have questions. The dorms are overall pretty nice. The student population is rather friendly, but there is more diversity than you would think from the surface. There is a pressure to be 'cool' by being athletic and/or rich and some people are hypocritical, but there are a lot of genuinely kind people who are trying to develop themselves as overall people as well. You just need to look hard enough. Thu, 16 Oct 2014 12:34:12 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BU for Economicshttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html Small school that fails to avoid the numbers, money, and degree factory feel. Bethel economics is likely one of the worst programs in the nation. Professors with the most exposure to students have e... Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:51:33 GMT StudentsReview 704-105177 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 704-105177 704 57 Economics Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Negative Small school that fails to avoid the numbers, money, and degree factory feel. Bethel economics is likely one of the worst programs in the nation. Professors with the most exposure to students have extreme lacking in professional experience and bring only close-minded ideas and opinions into the classroom. They assign grades based on this same close-minded approach, if you don't think what they think then you are very very wrong. If you want every part of your free-thinking self to die on your way to an Econ. degree, then by all means attend Bethel. Disgrace of a school. Administration could care less either. Students are obviously an afterthought, and we're supposed to be the customers. Absolute garbage school. Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:51:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html I had previously attended a different university before deciding on Bethel. I had relatives who went there which is why I made the decision, but I should have listened to my friends and close family w... Fri, 24 May 2013 05:31:58 GMT StudentsReview 704-94079 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 704-94079 704 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2014 1st Year Negative I had previously attended a different university before deciding on Bethel. I had relatives who went there which is why I made the decision, but I should have listened to my friends and close family who told me to maybe go somewhere more "fun."
If you are a student looking to transfer to a different University, or if you do not know anyone who goes to Bethel and you plan on living off campus, then Bethel is NOT the place for you.
Living off campus makes it very, very hard to find your place and feel welcome. In my first few months there, I hated going to class. I felt (and still feel) very left out and unwelcome. I like to enjoy life and have fun and I am a very, very social person but I have found no happiness at Bethel. Most of the students are very sheltered and seem so innocent- they just enjoy living in their Bethel bubble. It's somewhat refreshing to hear that there are other students who do not feel welcome at the school; when I walk around I feel like I am the only one who doesn't fit in. The profs are good and the education is good, but everyone seems very close minded. This is NOT a place for transfer students who plan on living off campus with non-Bethel people.
Fri, 24 May 2013 05:31:58 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html