StudentsReview - Bethel University - Life at BUhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html Life at BU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about BU for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html Mmmkay well i came to bethel cuz i wanted to go to a different state, i liked the location, and i thought it would be chill to be in a christian environment. Didn't know it would be so conservative. l... Sun, 26 Oct 2014 09:59:31 GMT StudentsReview 704-152107 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 704-152107 704 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative Mmmkay well i came to bethel cuz i wanted to go to a different state, i liked the location, and i thought it would be chill to be in a christian environment. Didn't know it would be so conservative. listen. if you a very christian individual coming from a private christian high school, you would fit in great here. If you are anyone who is looking to come for a genuine college experience, do not come to bethel. There is absolutely no parties on campus, no drinking on campus, and it is extremely hard to find people that do party. I was lucky to find a small group of dudes that were down to drink. Luckily i lived 500 miles away, so i could have a car here. We go to the U of MN frequently to help escape the bethel bubble, but in all honesty, the U isn't that great. Unless you have friends in frats there, good luck getting in. If you do get in, chances of finding a decent party with dancing and music are slim. Basically don't come to bethel if you want a party scene, and don't expect to find a GREAT one if you go off campus to the U.

If you want to get in a relationship and find the one you love and want to marry, come to bethel. If you are looking for a few hookups and maybe have a thing with someone, odds are you won't find that here. People are very sheltered here, so do not swear or crack sexual jokes. People will not accept you.

In my class i would say there are probably 8 girls that would scale above a "7". not a ton of hot girls here. And if you do find one, good luck. she probably already has a boyfriend.

On the plus side the campus is nice because everything is fairly close together, its a gated college so you definitely feel secure, and the professors/education aspect of it is great too. There is a chapel service every day of the week, and a large worship every sunday night. You should have no problems with staining your faith here.
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 09:59:31 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about BU for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html The professors are the best part about this school. They genuinely care for you as a whole person... not just your academic success but your overall well being and future. They are always there for yo... Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:34:12 GMT StudentsReview 704-144210 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 704-144210 704 79 Finance Female Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Positive The professors are the best part about this school. They genuinely care for you as a whole person... not just your academic success but your overall well being and future. They are always there for you to talk, get advice from, and clarify anything if you have questions. The dorms are overall pretty nice. The student population is rather friendly, but there is more diversity than you would think from the surface. There is a pressure to be 'cool' by being athletic and/or rich and some people are hypocritical, but there are a lot of genuinely kind people who are trying to develop themselves as overall people as well. You just need to look hard enough. Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:34:12 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BU for Economicshttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html Small school that fails to avoid the numbers, money, and degree factory feel. Bethel economics is likely one of the worst programs in the nation. Professors with the most exposure to students have e... Fri, 04 Apr 2014 11:51:33 GMT StudentsReview 704-105177 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 704-105177 704 57 Economics Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Negative Small school that fails to avoid the numbers, money, and degree factory feel. Bethel economics is likely one of the worst programs in the nation. Professors with the most exposure to students have extreme lacking in professional experience and bring only close-minded ideas and opinions into the classroom. They assign grades based on this same close-minded approach, if you don't think what they think then you are very very wrong. If you want every part of your free-thinking self to die on your way to an Econ. degree, then by all means attend Bethel. Disgrace of a school. Administration could care less either. Students are obviously an afterthought, and we're supposed to be the customers. Absolute garbage school. Fri, 04 Apr 2014 11:51:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html I had previously attended a different university before deciding on Bethel. I had relatives who went there which is why I made the decision, but I should have listened to my friends and close family w... Fri, 24 May 2013 04:31:58 GMT StudentsReview 704-94079 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 704-94079 704 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2014 1st Year Negative I had previously attended a different university before deciding on Bethel. I had relatives who went there which is why I made the decision, but I should have listened to my friends and close family who told me to maybe go somewhere more "fun."
If you are a student looking to transfer to a different University, or if you do not know anyone who goes to Bethel and you plan on living off campus, then Bethel is NOT the place for you.
Living off campus makes it very, very hard to find your place and feel welcome. In my first few months there, I hated going to class. I felt (and still feel) very left out and unwelcome. I like to enjoy life and have fun and I am a very, very social person but I have found no happiness at Bethel. Most of the students are very sheltered and seem so innocent- they just enjoy living in their Bethel bubble. It's somewhat refreshing to hear that there are other students who do not feel welcome at the school; when I walk around I feel like I am the only one who doesn't fit in. The profs are good and the education is good, but everyone seems very close minded. This is NOT a place for transfer students who plan on living off campus with non-Bethel people.
Fri, 24 May 2013 04:31:58 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about BU for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html I am close to finishing my second full year at Bethel (Spring 2013). I have to say I have hated my experience here more every day. Move in and welcome week was actually pretty enjoyable and people see... Sun, 24 Feb 2013 09:06:36 GMT StudentsReview 704-92237 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 704-92237 704 79 Finance Male Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Negative I am close to finishing my second full year at Bethel (Spring 2013). I have to say I have hated my experience here more every day. Move in and welcome week was actually pretty enjoyable and people seemed nice and friendly. The student body here consists of 3 different types of people, the very stereotypical "Jesus Freaks" who think that prayer is the answer to everything and they volunteer on Friday and Saturday nights think alcohol is "of the devil" and are definitely waiting till marriage to kiss someone, then there are the stuck up girls and jocks who think they are better than everyone else (and at this school sadly they are), and then the people who party non stop starting Wednesday night till Monday. The rest of students here are pretty much outcasted and exiled. There is no balance between the two here.
I really was strong in my faith when I came here and now I barely believe in God because of how fake and hypocritical everyone on campus is. I like to party about 2-3 times a week and I get judged extremely hard here and I don't even get extremely wasted. It is honestly worse than high school, if you're not in the very christian group of people then jocks are popular everyone else is a loser. I have never felt more unwelcome. It is a set of 2 big cliques, the Jesus Freaks and the "Popular" kids. If you do not get into these groups during the first month of school you will have literally nothing to do at all on the weekends. I literally watch netflix and play music in my room on friday and saturday nights all alone if I am not at a different public school hanging out with friends. Also, I am a very social person and have never had problems making new friends, I am only experiencing this issue here.
The staff and education is actually pretty awesome. Really small class sizes, tons of options, dedicated staff and they challenge you in a good way to make you excel at whatever you are learning. However, EVERYTHING relates to God here. Which I should have expected knowing it is a christian school, with that said I had to write a 1000 word paper on a bible chapter for Management class, we integrate faith in our math classes and in our biology classes... It is super wasteful and overwhelming. The required classes here are absurd, so many bible classes that will not transfer to different schools.
If you are a really strong christian and only want the same narrow minded youth group feeling you have had your whole life (no sarcasm or being mean) you will love it here and fit in. Also if you are a football player, or a baseball player you will be popular and have lots of friends. Extremely wealthy people also will fit in perfectly here. Everyone else honestly will be quite miserable.
I can not wait to transfer out of this school. It is so judgmental and hurtful to my self-esteem.
I will share a few quotes now.
"Because you are a democrat you will go to hell."
"drinking alcohol is of the devil"
"Gay people should just not exist"
What did you do this weekend? "I volunteered at this shelter and went to a bible study, did homework and made cookies with my roommates."
Those are real typical statements I hear on the regular here. Bethel has good things to offer, like a beautiful campus, nice staff, and insanely great security. But the negatives like cliques, judgement, the fact that everyone leaves on the weekends, no student activities, nothing to do here on weekends, no city life, you can't party on campus and the fact that it feels exactly like high school ruins it for me. I would rank the campus atmosphere as a whole as a C-.
Sun, 24 Feb 2013 09:06:36 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html