StudentsReview - Bethel University - Life at Bethel Copyright 2016 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html Life at Bethel - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Bethel for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html I am severely disappointed with the RN to BSN online program. The faculty seems as though they are marginally trying to adapt their in class work to an online only program. I was admitted to the progr... Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:52:47 GMT StudentsReview 704-163654 704-163654 704 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Class 2016 2nd Year Negative I am severely disappointed with the RN to BSN online program. The faculty seems as though they are marginally trying to adapt their in class work to an online only program. I was admitted to the program, then half way through I receive a degree audit report with additional classes I am required to complete but was never informed of this when I started. When I questioned this, I was told they decided to add more classes to the requirements after I was already admitted. I feel that is not very ethical. Also, I was registered for my last semester, which according to all of the schedules we received at the beginning of the program we would finish in April. Now that I was registered, I see that the program isn't ending until the end of May. This is a big problem because I am now going to have a child in the middle of the semester. When I questioned this, I was given a "sorry" and told I can request an incomplete from the instructor but the decision is up to the instructor. My only other option is to be held back 1 year. I wish I knew all of this before, I do not recommend Bethel University at all. They are disorganized and make up the rules as they go. Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:52:47 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Bethel for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html I came to bethel with the hopes I would have a fun and educational college experience. I found in my first couple of months here "fun" has a different definition. I live in a suite with 5 other girls ... Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:09:23 GMT StudentsReview 704-156011 704-156011 704 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Neutral I came to bethel with the hopes I would have a fun and educational college experience. I found in my first couple of months here "fun" has a different definition. I live in a suite with 5 other girls and their definition of a super fun Friday night is watching a movie or maybe knitting a scarf. Which was fine with me I enjoy a chill night every now and then. However the bethel bubble is a real thing and I very quickly got sick of it. If you're somebody who wants to party all week believe me this is not the school for you! However I found that as long as you have friends at the U or somewhere else in the area, the thought of the weekend tends to get you through the week. I like bethel during the week because I can get my sleep, eat healthy food, and in general be a good kid with good grades. On weekends I turn into a hood rat and smoke and drink with my friends at the U. I honestly have come to like this double life, just because if I went to the U for school I would definitely party full time.
Christian atmosphere is pretty good, expect to get judged if you drink, smoke, or are gay. Everything else is pretty much ok as long as you don't swear a lot like I do, but I've gotten used to it. My advice to anybody coming in here would be to not be fake in your search for real friends. If you don't want to be in the homeschooled jesus freak friend group, don't act like it then just because bethel wants you to, be yourself and let the people judge, true friends will come and you will get the college experience you deserve
Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:09:23 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Bethel for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html Mmmkay well i came to bethel cuz i wanted to go to a different state, i liked the location, and i thought it would be chill to be in a christian environment. Didn't know it would be so conservative. l... Sun, 26 Oct 2014 10:59:31 GMT StudentsReview 704-152107 704-152107 704 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative Mmmkay well i came to bethel cuz i wanted to go to a different state, i liked the location, and i thought it would be chill to be in a christian environment. Didn't know it would be so conservative. listen. if you a very christian individual coming from a private christian high school, you would fit in great here. If you are anyone who is looking to come for a genuine college experience, do not come to bethel. There is absolutely no parties on campus, no drinking on campus, and it is extremely hard to find people that do party. I was lucky to find a small group of dudes that were down to drink. Luckily i lived 500 miles away, so i could have a car here. We go to the U of MN frequently to help escape the bethel bubble, but in all honesty, the U isn't that great. Unless you have friends in frats there, good luck getting in. If you do get in, chances of finding a decent party with dancing and music are slim. Basically don't come to bethel if you want a party scene, and don't expect to find a GREAT one if you go off campus to the U.

If you want to get in a relationship and find the one you love and want to marry, come to bethel. If you are looking for a few hookups and maybe have a thing with someone, odds are you won't find that here. People are very sheltered here, so do not swear or crack sexual jokes. People will not accept you.

In my class i would say there are probably 8 girls that would scale above a "7". not a ton of hot girls here. And if you do find one, good luck. she probably already has a boyfriend.

On the plus side the campus is nice because everything is fairly close together, its a gated college so you definitely feel secure, and the professors/education aspect of it is great too. There is a chapel service every day of the week, and a large worship every sunday night. You should have no problems with staining your faith here.
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 10:59:31 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Bethel for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html The professors are the best part about this school. They genuinely care for you as a whole person... not just your academic success but your overall well being and future. They are always there for yo... Thu, 16 Oct 2014 12:34:12 GMT StudentsReview 704-144210 704-144210 704 79 Finance Female Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Positive The professors are the best part about this school. They genuinely care for you as a whole person... not just your academic success but your overall well being and future. They are always there for you to talk, get advice from, and clarify anything if you have questions. The dorms are overall pretty nice. The student population is rather friendly, but there is more diversity than you would think from the surface. There is a pressure to be 'cool' by being athletic and/or rich and some people are hypocritical, but there are a lot of genuinely kind people who are trying to develop themselves as overall people as well. You just need to look hard enough. Thu, 16 Oct 2014 12:34:12 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Bethel for Economicshttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html Small school that fails to avoid the numbers, money, and degree factory feel. Bethel economics is likely one of the worst programs in the nation. Professors with the most exposure to students have e... Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:51:33 GMT StudentsReview 704-105177 704-105177 704 57 Economics Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Negative Small school that fails to avoid the numbers, money, and degree factory feel. Bethel economics is likely one of the worst programs in the nation. Professors with the most exposure to students have extreme lacking in professional experience and bring only close-minded ideas and opinions into the classroom. They assign grades based on this same close-minded approach, if you don't think what they think then you are very very wrong. If you want every part of your free-thinking self to die on your way to an Econ. degree, then by all means attend Bethel. Disgrace of a school. Administration could care less either. Students are obviously an afterthought, and we're supposed to be the customers. Absolute garbage school. Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:51:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/BCS_comments.html