StudentsReview - Walden University - Life at Walden Copyright 2018 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/WU_comments.html Life at Walden - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about Walden for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/WU_comments.html There is certainly a lot of negative reports about Walden U, which was the impetus for me writing this review. I was in the PhD in clinical psychology program from Sept. 2012-June 2017. I came directl... Wed, 09 Aug 2017 04:39:58 GMT StudentsReview 735-180745 735-180745 735 38 Psychology Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive There is certainly a lot of negative reports about Walden U, which was the impetus for me writing this review. I was in the PhD in clinical psychology program from Sept. 2012-June 2017. I came directly from the BS level. My dissertation took 12 months to the day. The school was quite helpful in finding me a committee member and my chair was amazing! I secured my internship and completed it while doing my dissertation. I had a great experience and it?s unfortunate that people with bad ones are scaring a lot of people off. I?m sure people have had issues with this school like any other school. However, I found from my experience and my classmates, that perseverance is the key to any PhD program. A PhD program is like jail: only you can do the time. With that in mind, I worked like a dog for quite a few years but I got it done and am now a doctor! Wed, 09 Aug 2017 04:39:58 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/WU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Walden for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/WU_comments.html DO NOT GO HERE!!! -1) The website that you depend on is absolutely deplorable. Most of the time the links will pop up with HTML code and you are left with no choice but to call for help. -1) Callin... Tue, 01 Dec 2015 11:15:10 GMT StudentsReview 735-171886 735-171886 735 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative DO NOT GO HERE!!!
-1) Calling anyone for help will most likely leave you with more questions and angry. Do not expect to connect with anyone having good customer service skills.
-1) You will be thrown to the wolves. Orientation is a joke, but not a good joke. If this is your first time going to online school you will spend your first course constantly begging for guidance from your instructor on how to use the site, submit homework, find pertinent information etc..
-1) If this were any other business you would not be satisfied. School is a business. They take your money and provide a service. For the money they are taking you are getting screwed as a customer. The lack of knowledge and customer service within the recruitment and academic team is enough to ruin their reputation. They have the mentality that because they have been doing this for years that newcomers are expected to be on the same level of skill. This points back to a clear inability to educate.
-1) There is no "flow" in your courses. You will bounce and tab back and forth trying to make sense of what you are supposed to do next.

Do NOT fall for the quick talking, ever-so-kind and accommodating recruiter. Their job is to get your money. You and your education mean nothing to them. If you fail, they get paid regardless.
Tue, 01 Dec 2015 11:15:10 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/WU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Walden for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/WU_comments.html Faculty has "paper mill" PHD's but insist being called "doctor". Really a joke. Poor courses, discrimination abounds.... Thu, 31 Jul 2014 12:04:07 GMT StudentsReview 735-117124 735-117124 735 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative Faculty has "paper mill" PHD's but insist being called "doctor". Really a joke. Poor courses, discrimination abounds. Thu, 31 Jul 2014 12:04:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/WU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about Walden for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/WU_comments.html I graduated from Walden"s RN-MSN program in 2013. Included in my program was a post masters certificate in nursing education. I attended full time and even doubled up on the certificate classes at the... Fri, 21 Feb 2014 03:49:23 GMT StudentsReview 735-101824 735-101824 735 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Class 2013 3rd Year Positive I graduated from Walden"s RN-MSN program in 2013. Included in my program was a post masters certificate in nursing education. I attended full time and even doubled up on the certificate classes at the end to finish earlier. My experience at Walden was wonderful. Working full time and going to school full time is not all rainbows and puppy dogs, but very manageable. I worked hard for my grades and learned learned learned. I have read the other comments both positive and negative here, and wonder if those who are so negative are ones that were expecting a different type of program. This program is actually harder than a traditional school. You do not study for a test and move on. You research, think, write and grow as a scholar.
The Masters program was cheaper than any of the other online schools and cheaper that sitting in class at the local University. As many others say, you truly get what you put into it.
I would say 99% of my instructors were approachable, helpful and experts in their field. There is always one or two no matter what school you attend.
I am not an employee or professor at Walden, but thanks to my hard work and their support I am now living my dream of being an educator.
I also attended the commencement ceremony, well worth the trip! I highly recommend Walden for someone who is willing to work hard and put forth the effort to achieve your dream.
Fri, 21 Feb 2014 03:49:23 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/WU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Walden for Public Policyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/WU_comments.html I have recently completed my Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration at Walden University after 6.5 years studying part-time. I had previously earned my Bachelor and Master degrees in a traditional ... Mon, 20 Jan 2014 01:29:38 GMT StudentsReview 735-100385 735-100385 735 65 Public Policy Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive I have recently completed my Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration at Walden University after 6.5 years studying part-time. I had previously earned my Bachelor and Master degrees in a traditional state university. I can attest that the course work at Walden University is just as demanding, if not more demanding, than a traditional and reputable university. The fact that it is an online institution requires the student to be more self-motivated because there are no professors and other classmates to remind you on a daily basis in a face-to-face setting to complete your assignments. Further, in an online environment, you cannot hide in the back of the class and not participate in class discussions and debates because every word is posted online in the classroom forum and you simply cannot hide or only pretend to participate. The course work and requirements at Walden are quite rigorous, and demanded substantial self-motivation and hard work to complete, although support from the professors and others from the university is always available. Online universities are still somewhat of a new phenomenon to many students and at times scare them because of the uncertainty of how an online learning environment compares with a traditional classroom setting. I have seen some of the negative comments posted about Walden, and I speculate that these negative comments are from students who had expected an easy ride from an online university, but only to find out that they had to work hard to earn a degree from Walden. In the end, these students are either expelled, dropped out, or given low grades for not being able to keep up with the rest of the class, and they turned to writing negative comments about Walden to vent. I must say that it is sad to see students who do not want to invest the time and hard work into earning a degree at Walden, but who can only invest time into badmouthing a school that refused to give them an easy ride in earning a college degree or higher GPA. Overall, I am very happy that I had attended Walden, which provided me with the knowledge and skills to continue my academic and professional endeavors. I suggest that if anyone is looking to enroll in an accredited online university, he/she must be prepared to work hard to earn the degree, and not expect an easy ride. Otherwise, he/she will be badly disappointed and frustrated. Mon, 20 Jan 2014 01:29:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/WU_comments.html