StudentsReview - College of the Ozarks - Life at COFO/CTO Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/CtO_comments.html Life at COFO/CTO - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about COFO/CTO for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MO/CtO_comments.html Went to a secular state school after graduating. A complete difference in how each President runs their school. At CofO, a student would have to give up a parking spot if the President needed it. At t... Thu, 18 May 2017 03:15:30 GMT StudentsReview 743-179841 743-179841 743 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2014 3rd Year Negative Went to a secular state school after graduating. A complete difference in how each President runs their school. At CofO, a student would have to give up a parking spot if the President needed it. At the state school, the President gives up HIS OWN parking spot in order to relate to students. CofO is great for academics, but the President is FAR from being a student concerned individual. He is more concerned with his position than he is with the Christian lifestyle he claims to present. Thu, 18 May 2017 03:15:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/CtO_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about COFO/CTO for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MO/CtO_comments.html I was very disappointed in my CofO experience. I came from a private Christian highschool so I was used to strict rules and dresscode. I never had a problem with them in highschool so you can't say th... Tue, 12 Jul 2016 05:55:25 GMT StudentsReview 743-174373 743-174373 743 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative I was very disappointed in my CofO experience. I came from a private Christian highschool so I was used to strict rules and dresscode. I never had a problem with them in highschool so you can't say that I just wasn't used to rules. What I wasn't used to was being lied to and treated like dirt. I have many health issues. I discussed these with administration before deciding to attend and was assured that I would be treated well and that I would be accommodated. That is the furthest from the truth of what actually happened. WE will start with Character Camp (one week before classes start you are required to attend week long orientation, meant to acclaimate you to the school and to make friends). As a person with some physical disabilities I was forced to participate in things that destroyed my health in the name of "getting out of my comfort zone". Secondly, there was the food situation. I have a wheat allergy. I was told before attending that there were always lots of gluten free options that I could choose from. That was a bold faced lie. The only options were as follows, tofu stirfry, roasted parsnips, cold chuncked turkey, iceberg lettuce, broccoli, shredded carrots, and 1 gluten free salad dressing. Dessert was never an option as the other students would eat all of the gluten free dessert by 4:00pm. I asked about dividing my room and board so I wouldnt have to pay for food but was declined. They had various campus events but because of my allergy I couldn't attend them. Third, the work station. I put on my workstation form about my disabilities but they were completely ignored. My work was not appreciated and the fact that I passed out several times was totally ignored and categorized as laziness. Fourth, Classes. I had 2 teachers that actually put forth any kind of challenge. All of the others seemed as though they didn't care about the students or their successes. Multiple times I had to correct a teacher about an answer that was marked wrong that wasn't wrong or a score that they entered incorrectly on my gradecard. Many of the faculty were just plain lazy. Fifth, this debt free garbage is ridiculous. I had to pay as much for room and board as I would have had to pay for another colleges whole bill. It's really not that great of a deal. I left the school my second year because I didn't want to take out any loans, and had already spent my whole savings on room and board. Finally, if you want to feel like a tourist attraction, or feel like you are just there to make others look good, then by all means this is school for you. The main thing that administration cares about it making sure that the school looks good to the public. Thats why so much is spent on the Keeter Center while the dorms are falling apart and unhealthy to live in.
I was terribly disappointed by the lack of integrity in this establishment. Please, don't waste your money like I did.
Tue, 12 Jul 2016 05:55:25 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/CtO_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about COFO/CTO for History/Histories (art history/etc.)http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/CtO_comments.html If you do not want to work very hard academically or earn a worthwhile degree in your field, but you want to gain practical work experience during your college years, then this is the college for you.... Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:09:02 GMT StudentsReview 743-102057 743-102057 743 41 History/Histories (art history/etc.) Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative If you do not want to work very hard academically or earn a worthwhile degree in your field, but you want to gain practical work experience during your college years, then this is the college for you. Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:09:02 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/CtO_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about COFO/CTO for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MO/CtO_comments.html My overall experience was a positive one. I made some life long friends and had some great professors. I know of at least three my professors that are no longer at College of the Ozarks. The on cam... Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:44:37 GMT StudentsReview 743-100248 743-100248 743 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive My overall experience was a positive one. I made some life long friends and had some great professors. I know of at least three my professors that are no longer at College of the Ozarks. The on campus work experience was an interesting one, Everyone has to work 15 hours a week and 2 forty hours work weeks per year. These work hours help pay for your tuition so, the good thing is that I left school owing $2700. I know completely unheard of! I have been able to follow my dreams without hesitation.
Once a person has a degree its up to them what they do with it. I am really tired of people blaming outside influences on their success or failure.
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:44:37 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/CtO_comments.html