StudentsReview - Saint Louis University - Life at SLU Copyright 2019 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/SLU_comments.html Life at SLU - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about SLU for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MO/SLU_comments.html I couldn't recommend attending SLU enough! It was definitely the right choice for me.... Mon, 08 Apr 2019 02:45:48 GMT StudentsReview 758-184505 758-184505 758 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 1922 1st Year Positive I couldn't recommend attending SLU enough! It was definitely the right choice for me. Mon, 08 Apr 2019 02:45:48 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/SLU_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about SLU for Undecidedhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MO/SLU_comments.html I came to this school stuck between two choices- UCSD's Engineering Program and the Med Scholars program here. I can say that the campus is generally nicer than UCSD, but the surrounding areas aren't ... Sat, 03 Dec 2016 01:01:35 GMT StudentsReview 758-177133 758-177133 758 52 Undecided Male Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Neutral I came to this school stuck between two choices- UCSD's Engineering Program and the Med Scholars program here. I can say that the campus is generally nicer than UCSD, but the surrounding areas aren't so nice. In general, I think the professors here are nicer than those at UCSD, and there are a lot of nice places on campus to study. I can't speak to social life, since I invoked some exceptions and got to live off campus as a freshman. However, the area surrounding SLU doesn't seem all that friendly; a Crime is reported by email every 10-12 days. That being said, if you're coming to Missouri from the West Coast, prepare to be surrounded in a sea of conservatism and horrible infrastructure planning. This probably won't be much of a problem for Freshmen living on campus, but commutes can be horrible experiences with traffic and horrible drivers. As for the teachers, they really do care for you... I registered late, so I was expecting to get the worst teachers of General Biology and Chemistry, but the teachers were great. I briefly considered living in dorms, but for the price and quality (and the fact that you can't live on campus for breaks) really killed the deal.

"Justice" is a huge buzzword on campus (which is kind of ironic if you know anything about the Jesuits) but don't expect to actually see any differences (from the west coast). Tuition is about 40K, but I got a 20K scholarship, which makes tuition the same price as UCSD's, and I can safely say the campus is maintained much better. If you're paying full price, don't come; you can get much better college options anywhere else. There are a lot of on-campus options including Panda, Chick-fil-a, Subway, and Panera (Called Saint Louis Bread Co.), but Panera seems to be the only "Healthy" option. There's also buffet-style meal halls, which aren't so bad during Lunch- but dinner tends to be leftovers of Lunch.

Coming from the either coasts, Life outside of the campus and stuyding is kind of boring. Living in the midwest can be gloriously quaint ("There are horses in the backyard!") but wears off quickly. There isn't a booming tech scene, and although Saint Louis is technically a "big city," you'll actually have to go to the city to see anything. There's also a place called "Forest park" which features a free zoo and science center. If you come from any other place in the midwest, however, I think you'll be fine.

In conclusion, visit campus before you commit to this college. Your high-school counselors may have spoke about "Fit" before, and SLU can be either a great college, or annoyingly hypocritic and mind-numbingly boring. If you don't get money, don't come- you're better off transferring from a community college.
Sat, 03 Dec 2016 01:01:35 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/SLU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about SLU for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MO/SLU_comments.html SLU is honestly a waste of money. You can get the same or a better education at Mizzou for a much lower price. SLU lacks diversity in the sense that more than half of the student body is full of annoy... Fri, 22 Apr 2016 03:07:18 GMT StudentsReview 758-173351 758-173351 758 79 Finance Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative SLU is honestly a waste of money. You can get the same or a better education at Mizzou for a much lower price. SLU lacks diversity in the sense that more than half of the student body is full of annoying Chicago kids. Greek life here is a complete joke and we don't have any houses. There aren't any good parties here so your best bet is spending money at the bar. Faculty and staff could care less about you and more about their paychecks. SLU panders too much to social justice, which is ok but I came here for a degree that will help me advance, not to get lectured on feminism and white privilege. If you're looking for a traditional college experience, a good school that cares about helping students succeed, and is reasonable priced for how well the programs are, this is not the place for you. I highly recommend future college students to look elsewhere because SLU is extremely overpriced for what it's worth. I'm glad to say that I'm transferring after this semester. Fri, 22 Apr 2016 03:07:18 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/SLU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about SLU for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MO/SLU_comments.html Terrible, terrible school. Has SOME perks, as many private schools do (for instance, there are plenty of single dorms, small classes,etc.). The dining is absolutely disgraceful. The amount the sch... Fri, 22 Jan 2016 08:57:22 GMT StudentsReview 758-172474 758-172474 758 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative Terrible, terrible school. Has SOME perks, as many private schools do (for instance, there are plenty of single dorms, small classes,etc.).

The dining is absolutely disgraceful. The amount the school cares about the arts is even more so, considering that it's located LITERALLY a block from the Fox theatre. Not worth the time, not worth the money. No name lousy school with minimal opportunities. There aren't that many clubs though, so don't expect to be super involved in extracurriculars. They have a huge focus on social justice, which is OK, but I mean...just don't go here. If you're going to throw away money, at least do it at a better university.
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 08:57:22 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/SLU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about SLU for Social Workhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MO/SLU_comments.html I just go fished my freshman year and I am completely and utterly infatuated with my school. I love it so much and all the amazing people I've met are incredible. I recommend it 100% to anyone, I'd ne... Tue, 14 Jul 2015 08:21:36 GMT StudentsReview 758-163206 758-163206 758 66 Social Work Female Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Positive I just go fished my freshman year and I am completely and utterly infatuated with my school. I love it so much and all the amazing people I've met are incredible. I recommend it 100% to anyone, I'd never go to another school it has become my home. Tue, 14 Jul 2015 08:21:36 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MO/SLU_comments.html