StudentsReview - Arizona State University - Tempe - Life at ASU-Tempe Copyright 2016 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/ASU_comments.html Life at ASU-Tempe - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about ASU-Tempe for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/ASU_comments.html I really like to think that ASU has a great philosophy in terms of enrollment. The high acceptance rate ensures many people get to go to school when they normally wouldn't have the opportunity. After ... Sat, 10 Oct 2015 09:12:38 GMT StudentsReview 80-171223 80-171223 80 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Neutral I really like to think that ASU has a great philosophy in terms of enrollment. The high acceptance rate ensures many people get to go to school when they normally wouldn't have the opportunity. After all, you can never really know someones background or why they did poorly in high school. However receiving a quality, worthwhile education can be difficult; it will take a lot more than just going to class and getting 'good' grades.
An ASU degree alone will not get you too far. You will have to work very hard and get onto research programs, join many clubs and reach out for a considerable amount of internships.
The social scene at ASU will give anyone anxiety. Greek life dominates and is very judgmental and shallow. Not everyone involved in a sorority/frat is that way but a whole lot are. The greek life has set standards for behavior and anyone who deviates from 'the norm' will face a certain extent of social isolation.
With that being said, ASU is still one of the biggest schools in America. A ton of people go here so in theory anyone should be able to make friends. Some people will just have to search a little harder to find their group.
If you're an out of state kid who either couldn't get in anywhere else, or got the most economical deal out of this school I seriously recommend you take a different path. Maybe consider joining the americorps for a year and/or go to community college. If you build up your resume and are able to pull up your grades with a local affordable school you will have so many more options.
I just transferred to a considerably more 'academic' school (UNC) and I am in awe about how much nicer and more accepting people are. In high school I never had trouble making friends, at ASU I was very isolated and even bullied. I don't want to use my one negative experience to down talk a school, but I really want prospective students to know that ASU can be a very lonely place.
As far as academics go if you really don't have to put in much effort, just do your work. Even if you half ass every assignment and only study a little bit you will still pass with at least a C+.
Sat, 10 Oct 2015 09:12:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/ASU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about ASU-Tempe for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/ASU_comments.html Arizona State University. This school has the worst employees. Vanessa was very rude. She won't let me finish talking and when i told her to let me finish she said I was yelling at her and does not to... Sat, 15 Aug 2015 12:24:26 GMT StudentsReview 80-169625 80-169625 80 12 Computer Science Male Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Negative Arizona State University. This school has the worst employees. Vanessa was very rude. She won't let me finish talking and when i told her to let me finish she said I was yelling at her and does not tolerate it. I told her she represents an education institution employee but she is so rude! She cut me off again saying I was yelling. Every time I tell her to stop interrupting me she said I was yelling at her. She did not even apologize.

This school admitted my son and when he was ready to register for classes they said he couldn't enroll because he did not meet transfer requirements. Then after few semesters at MCC and when finally enrolled, they changed his program couple of times which will take longer to finish. Then Vanessa said they sent billing to student email address when the financial statement online said he had loans. Now they won't let my son register so he can't finish college because he owes thousands of dollars. They want him to pay off in six months so he can go back. Where do you think a no college degree working minimum? paying off 10k in 6 months? We asked Vanessa if any other options so my son can finish school, get a job and payoff his debt. She flat said No!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!! ! Employees here are heartless manipulative opportunistic money hunger people!!! They Will only educate you to practice your patience with mean spirited people like Vanessa!!!!!
Sat, 15 Aug 2015 12:24:26 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/ASU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about ASU-Tempe for Engineering Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/ASU_comments.html After four full years of engineering "education" here at ASU with a 3.98 GPA, I can honestly say that ASU is a degree mill. The most developed system at ASU is their billing department. Never skips a ... Wed, 01 Apr 2015 07:35:48 GMT StudentsReview 80-159065 80-159065 80 61 Engineering Department Female Undergraduate Class 2019 4th Year Negative After four full years of engineering "education" here at ASU with a 3.98 GPA, I can honestly say that ASU is a degree mill. The most developed system at ASU is their billing department. Never skips a beat. Counseling and Advising? Doesn't exist in a productive form as of 2015. They evaluate everyone's prior credit differently even when the students have the same previous credits. Think about that. 30 days to get into a PHONE advising session. At the end of the day advising extends your graduation because they made a mistake. About 50% of the professors are deadbeats in one way or another. There is no educational process control unless it involves money.
ASU is becoming UOP.
Wed, 01 Apr 2015 07:35:48 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/ASU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about ASU-Tempe for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/ASU_comments.html Instructor videos posted for online classes are in VERY UNPROFESSIONAL settings. This is a huge turn-off for me and I believe this sets the bar extremely low for ASU graduates to achieve greatness onc... Mon, 16 Mar 2015 02:05:43 GMT StudentsReview 80-158327 80-158327 80 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Neutral Instructor videos posted for online classes are in VERY UNPROFESSIONAL settings. This is a huge turn-off for me and I believe this sets the bar extremely low for ASU graduates to achieve greatness once they are seeking careers of their own. Professors need to realize that they are mentors for young adults and as such should dress and speak appropriately. Mon, 16 Mar 2015 02:05:43 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/ASU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about ASU-Tempe for Geography and Geoscienceshttp://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/ASU_comments.html The Geography program at ASU will make you want to jump off a cliff. In our Geography program, we have covered tons of other majors while still maintaining the title "Geography". ASU's administrati... Mon, 02 Mar 2015 01:49:17 GMT StudentsReview 80-157694 80-157694 80 56 Geography and Geosciences Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative The Geography program at ASU will make you want to jump off a cliff. In our Geography program, we have covered tons of other majors while still maintaining the title "Geography".

ASU's administration goes with the "Who needs Geographers when we can use our cell phones and computers to locate places on earth?" idea that Geographers are unworthy. So, because us Geographers are unworthy, we are forced to study other subjects non-geography related, just to earn a degree in Geography.

In order to earn a degree in Geography you will have to master a second language, science, economics, communication, political science. My point here is that you will be blindsided by the range of topics you will be discussing during your Geography classes. Be prepared.

Most of the classes you will take in Geography will be Hybrid courses where you will be in class rooms with 100-400 other students along with the ridiculously formatted online homework assignments and quizzes that are always due at midnight of set date. Then you come back to class and take a test that doesn't even cover anything that we were told to study. Most of the questions that eventually end up on these tests are usually BURIED DEEP WITHIN AN OVERPRICED TEXTBOOK THAT WE SELDOMLY USE.

Some of my geography classes cover tons of Sympathy/Guilt-bating topics like "Impoverished India" or Impoverished Africa. In your GCU 102 class, you will have to watch movies(plural, you will watch many of these movies) of Indian people starving themselves and that white people should be ashamed of themselves for allowing these Indian people to starve themselves. These were very awkward movies to watch, even more awkward when there are about 20 Indian students surrounding you in your class. To a degree, Africa is covered in this same light as well. At the conclusion of this course, you will learn that the worlds problems are the fault of the "White Man". Well, according to the lazy ASU professor and/or the words of the company that published the textbooks for our course. No, the teachers will not question what is written in the textbook. Even if it is inflammatory or even stereotypical.

The teachers just teach by the book, lecture you on their views of these world problems and then take points off your grade if you don't agree with them. Meaning, if you want to discuss these topics intellectually, prepare to lose points!

There are many other issues I have had, but I only chose to highlight these topics in particular.

Geography major + ASU student = Get ready to pay a HIGH price for your degree!
Mon, 02 Mar 2015 01:49:17 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AZ/ASU_comments.html