StudentsReview - North Carolina A & T State University - Life at NCAT/NCA&TSU Copyright 2021 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCAU_comments.html Life at NCAT/NCA&TSU - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about NCAT/NCA&TSU for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCAU_comments.html North Carolina A&T is the best decision I have ever made. This school`s body is almost like a family in a sense. Everybody helps everybody and the advisor here are great. If you want to go to an HBCU ... Tue, 31 May 2016 09:39:15 GMT StudentsReview 818-173715 818-173715 818 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Positive North Carolina A&T is the best decision I have ever made. This school`s body is almost like a family in a sense. Everybody helps everybody and the advisor here are great. If you want to go to an HBCU with live parties being hosted by 4.0 students this is where its at. This school has all types of people and the classes are getting bigger and bigger. Also they really help you network to companies and find jobs so when you graduate you will not come out of college with no job. I highly advise you to go to this school if you want success in life. Tue, 31 May 2016 09:39:15 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCAU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about NCAT/NCA&TSU for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCAU_comments.html *IF YOU ASK ANYONE IF A&T WAS THEIR FIRST CHOICE, THEY WILL SAY NO!* A&T is ONLY for North Carolina people. If you are not from North Carolina (or even from the DMV area) you will be treated as an out... Sun, 21 Feb 2016 12:45:35 GMT StudentsReview 818-172802 818-172802 818 58 Political Science Female Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative *IF YOU ASK ANYONE IF A&T WAS THEIR FIRST CHOICE, THEY WILL SAY NO!* A&T is ONLY for North Carolina people. If you are not from North Carolina (or even from the DMV area) you will be treated as an outcast. There is little to none Greek Life and Campus life is just dead. The University does not do anything on campus unless it is a Career Fair. SGA is a joke, anything on campus is a joke. THEY CHARGE YOU FOR EVERYTHING (i.e. laundry, printing). This is a money hunger university. The girls here are stuck-up and too concerned with how they look and who they are getting attention from instead of focusing on their education. All the boys do is smoke, drink and try to find girls to have sex with. A&T is a party school (it is known for GHOE (our homecoming), so if you do not go out, this school is not for you. There is nothing to do in Greensboro, North Carolina, this city is dead. On the weekends, you will starve if you stay on campus (the cafe's hours are horrible and our "UV" does not open until 6pm :)) If you are not a Animal Science, Engineering, or JOMC (Journalism or Mass Communications) major, they do not care about you. The dorms are filthy (if you stay on the southside of campus), they have ant invasions all the time, and maintenance takes forever to come and fix things. I wanted the HBCU experience, but I am highly disappointed in what I have experienced. All in all, college is what you make it, I have met some great people here, and have had great times, but the University as a whole, just is not where I want to be. Sun, 21 Feb 2016 12:45:35 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCAU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about NCAT/NCA&TSU for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCAU_comments.html I started at A&T in 2009. My major is computer science. I will be graduating in two weeks and I've already received two job offers. If I could go back and choose a different school/major, I would NOT ... Tue, 03 Dec 2013 09:03:23 GMT StudentsReview 818-97857 818-97857 818 12 Computer Science Female Undergraduate Class 2013 4th Year Positive I started at A&T in 2009. My major is computer science. I will be graduating in two weeks and I've already received two job offers. If I could go back and choose a different school/major, I would NOT change a thing. A lot of people start out with computer science, but end up switching because they say it's "too hard". Yes, it is a challenging major, but I think it's all worth it in the end. One thing about A&T/ CompSci students is: we stick together. Just find a great group of people in your major and stick together. My classmates & I studied/programmed together all hours of the night.. Upperclassmen passed down old tests/quizzes.. We worked together on tests (via texts), etc. Basically, A&T students look out for each other.

A&T has a lot of programs, clubs, and activities for students to get involved in. Also, there are a lot of clubs/bars downtown (if that's your thing too). So there's social opportunities for everyone.

As far as safety, I can say that campus is very safe. I'm a female and I didn't mind late night walks across campus w/ my laptop because I always felt safe. It's almost impossible to walk around campus more than a few minutes w/o seeing UPD. Living off campus is a whole different story...

There are a lot of opportunities around campus to network. Career Services hosts a lot of information sessions and workshops with different companies. Personally, I've had 3 internships directly related to my major since I've started college. A&T has a great engineering program and companies from all over come to recruit us.

I know I'm going on & on, but seriously coming to A&T was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I had fun, but I also learned a lot and took advantage of the opportunities A&T has given ME. Now I'm about to graduate with not one, but TWO job offers. Can we say AGGIE PRIDE!
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 09:03:23 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCAU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about NCAT/NCA&TSU for Mechanical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCAU_comments.html NC A&T is full of stereotypical black people. Half of them were satisfied with a 2.0. I transferred out after my freshman year.... Sat, 13 Jul 2013 05:45:06 GMT StudentsReview 818-94847 818-94847 818 24 Mechanical Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Negative NC A&T is full of stereotypical black people. Half of them were satisfied with a 2.0. I transferred out after my freshman year. Sat, 13 Jul 2013 05:45:06 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCAU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about NCAT/NCA&TSU for Linguisticshttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCAU_comments.html I do not work for A&T, but I am a proud alumnus. I was well-prepared and I had great professors who equipped me with everything I needed for the real world. The only downside to my education was the c... Mon, 18 Jun 2012 01:42:22 GMT StudentsReview 818-87979 818-87979 818 68 Linguistics Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive I do not work for A&T, but I am a proud alumnus. I was well-prepared and I had great professors who equipped me with everything I needed for the real world. The only downside to my education was the closing of my department in my senior year. Unfortunately, the Foreign Language department no longer exists, which I think is a huge detriment to the university, as we are now a global economy. Even so, it never ceases to amaze me how many Aggies I meet wherever I go. Aggie Pride is indeed WORLDWIDE! Mon, 18 Jun 2012 01:42:22 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCAU_comments.html