StudentsReview - North Carolina State University - Raleigh - Life at NCSU-Raleigh Copyright 2022 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCSU_comments.html Life at NCSU-Raleigh - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about NCSU-Raleigh for Englishhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCSU_comments.html I am graduating in December and have had nothing but trouble for the past few weeks. First, my advisor is useless and usually doesn't reply right away. And now I found out this morning that even thoug... Wed, 16 Aug 2017 06:58:49 GMT StudentsReview 820-180796 820-180796 820 17 English Female Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Negative I am graduating in December and have had nothing but trouble for the past few weeks. First, my advisor is useless and usually doesn't reply right away. And now I found out this morning that even though I was enrolled into a 200 French class with no problem, that's a big no-no because I skipped the other beginner's class due to my graduation in the coming months. The FL director was incredibly rude and talked over me when I explained that I was never made aware that I needed two beginner's classes instead of one and made me feel degraded.

My first two writing teachers were horrid (the 1st one worse than the other), always making fun of everyone's stories and trying to get everyone to gang up on whoever is up for critique.

The students who have flyers out are very annoying and the fraternities who are having whatever sale they're having will come up to you in the food court and practically beg for money. And the school cares more about their research and getting money rather than the safety of their students or their well being. I will never let my future children come here because of that. It does not help that the school tends to change things around such as making some seminar mandatory or whatever.

To anyone who is thinking about coming to this school: Please don't. UNC Chapel Hill is cheaper than here, and their student body and faculty are toxic for the most part.
Wed, 16 Aug 2017 06:58:49 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about NCSU-Raleigh for Art & Design Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCSU_comments.html Overall, NC State University is not a bad school. The campus was beautiful, there were a lot of things to do, the food was good, and I met a lot of nice people. However, my problem lies with the Art +... Fri, 07 Jul 2017 03:22:51 GMT StudentsReview 820-180440 820-180440 820 60 Art & Design Department Female Undergraduate Class 1921 1st Year Negative Overall, NC State University is not a bad school. The campus was beautiful, there were a lot of things to do, the food was good, and I met a lot of nice people. However, my problem lies with the Art + Design department. I majored in Art + Design with a concentration in animation, and I felt that the year that I spent was completely wasted. Design majors consist of a long studio that one takes every semester and this class is where you do the majority of your work for you major... except for if you're in animation. The first two studios involve nothing to do with animation or even basics and principles. The first semester was entirely based on architecture and industrial design with a little bit of fibers (the other main art + design concentration) thrown in. The class was graded on one's ability to be able to design and build constructions, something I certainly never learned how to do and certainly did not sign up to do, yet I was being graded for it. The second semester's studio was degrading to me as an artist. As someone who wants to peruse character animation, a field that is largely focused on creating works that mimic real life, I was forced to work only in abstract and representative art was taught to be less superior. The class seemed to be teaching for an entirely different major, teaching for as if I was going to go on and design chairs or sculptures. The only class I took that could somewhat contribute to my major was basic drawing, however it turned out awful. The professor was completely incompetent, proving time and time again that he had no idea what he was trying to teach, and I'm not exaggerating. He taught perspective wrong multiple times, made up words to try to explain his own made up ideas, and made us do assignments not because they would help us, but just because he thought about it and wanted us to try it out. I learned more in elementary school art class than I did in that drawing class. In conclusion, NC State is a great school if you want to be an engineer or an architect, but if you want to do art + design, specifically animation, beware. Fri, 07 Jul 2017 03:22:51 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about NCSU-Raleigh for Engineering Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCSU_comments.html I wouldn't recommend sending my children or attending NCSU. My child was assaulted in their family university housing. Right now I am having a hard time to get that college to release my transcripts a... Sat, 04 Mar 2017 05:54:13 GMT StudentsReview 820-179143 820-179143 820 61 Engineering Department Male Undergraduate Class 1921 4th Year Negative I wouldn't recommend sending my children or attending NCSU. My child was assaulted in their family university housing. Right now I am having a hard time to get that college to release my transcripts after the PhD candidate assaulted my 7 year old. Nasty group there I tell you. Sat, 04 Mar 2017 05:54:13 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about NCSU-Raleigh for Nutritionhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCSU_comments.html Trying to graduate from this school was a nightmare. My professors were crap in this department. And they lie oh they lie about jobs. NCSU is NOT accredited by the dietitic board. You will not get a j... Wed, 25 Jan 2017 08:19:38 GMT StudentsReview 820-178365 820-178365 820 73 Nutrition Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative Trying to graduate from this school was a nightmare. My professors were crap in this department. And they lie oh they lie about jobs. NCSU is NOT accredited by the dietitic board. You will not get a job. I was rejected by numerous public health departments who said that if I had gone to Meredith/UNC/ecu they would have hired me. Why would I spend more money to go back to retake the same courses? Some TAS also run your classes. If you want a job go through food science. This dumb school rejected my brother into engineering school after making false promises he would get in. He got into another school and is now enjoying his undergradute. I transferred here and stuck it out but never should have graduated. My undergraduate GPA suffered and professors didn't care. I had to retake a bunch of classes at a tech school to attempt to go to master's . Avoid at all cost. Wed, 25 Jan 2017 08:19:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about NCSU-Raleigh for Englishhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCSU_comments.html Though NC State is a very large school, I have never felt like I was not an individual and that its size would hinder me. The campus is also large enough that I can never get tired of it, I know where... Sun, 22 Jan 2017 09:19:34 GMT StudentsReview 820-178309 820-178309 820 17 English Female Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Positive Though NC State is a very large school, I have never felt like I was not an individual and that its size would hinder me. The campus is also large enough that I can never get tired of it, I know where everything is but there is always somewhere to explore or hang out more. NC State has the ability to attract a large variety of people- despite being more of a math and science school by size of those programs, the humanities and social sciences college is equally as strong. Sun, 22 Jan 2017 09:19:34 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/NCSU_comments.html