StudentsReview - Kean University - Life at KCNJhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html Life at KCNJ - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about KCNJ for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html Kean University is a school which would be in the bottom portion of colleges that applicants who have decent GPA and SAT score would attend even of instate students. First this a commuter school, you ... Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:28:07 GMT StudentsReview 884-115990 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 884-115990 884 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2008 1st Year Negative Kean University is a school which would be in the bottom portion of colleges that applicants who have decent GPA and SAT score would attend even of instate students. First this a commuter school, you come on campus, go to class and leave. There is very little if any school spirt here and activities are limited as well. The admission standards are not competitive either, you need a 2.5 GPA and close to a 1000 SAT score (math/verbal) and you are in. Faculty here are helpful and help when every you need it, never has a bad experience in that regard. I attended from 2004-2005 and still regret it. Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:28:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about KCNJ for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html Although I have graduated nearly 2 years ago, I can honestly say that my undergraduate years at Kean were absolutely magical. Initially, as a freshman, I was a scared and nervous boy(although i did ha... Thu, 01 May 2014 06:25:57 GMT StudentsReview 884-107422 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 884-107422 884 38 Psychology Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive Although I have graduated nearly 2 years ago, I can honestly say that my undergraduate years at Kean were absolutely magical. Initially, as a freshman, I was a scared and nervous boy(although i did have some friends come with me to Kean prior) who did not know anyone and was not involved in any extracurricular activities. However, as time progressed, I began to grow closer to my peers and started to become more involved in campus. I became involved in the student government, and was apart of the E-board at my club, as well as a member in other clubs. Moreover, with this involvement naturally came meeting new people and friends. I loved to coming to campus, as there was always something to do. The faculty and staff( at least in my experience) were very friendly and helpful as well.Mind you, that some courses I took were somewhat difficult( anatomy, precal, etc) however the instructors were willing to help despite the level of difficulty. I truly have learned so much from the classes and teachers and I feel blessed to have experienced and known them. My time at Kean was definitely one the best moments of my life. I highly advise anyone to come here, and experience the university for themselves.

P.S. Do not listen to those who bash Kean, they were probably those individuals who only came to school, then leave right after. Keep and open mind, meet people, and enjoy your college experience! :)
Thu, 01 May 2014 06:25:57 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about KCNJ for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html Coming to Kean University has been the best decision of my life. Let me start off, first by saying that I have transferred so many times due to the fact of personal issues. I am an education major and... Thu, 03 Apr 2014 09:43:51 GMT StudentsReview 884-105158 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 884-105158 884 15 Education Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive Coming to Kean University has been the best decision of my life. Let me start off, first by saying that I have transferred so many times due to the fact of personal issues. I am an education major and right now I am completing the requirements next semester I start my education classes.
What I like about this University are the classes and Professors, the size is just right, not too big, not to small. The professors know you by name, you're not just a number to them. People are friendly, the classes are challenging but hey, it isn't high school right.

One thing that I will complain about is parking. Parking is terrible, so make sure you come in early. I come here at 11am, and can't find parking by the entrance of the school. I have to park all the way in the back. Another thing, make sure not to park on the yellow lines, those are for the staff. I cannot even emphasize this enough, they will give you tickets, for $100 but I appealed it, and they reduced it for $50. You don't want to get tickets though so park on the WHITE LINES.

Safety is not an issue here. My latest class ends at 10:15pm, I walk to the parking lot like nothing, so don't worry about that.

The campus itself is beautiful, there's internet connections so bring in your laptop, lot of professors let you use the laptop in class and record it. Also, if you are having issues in class get tutoring, it's on CAS. Simple.

I can't really complain, I've read horrible reviews about Kean and I was afraid of coming here, thinking that I will transfer again but that hasn't been the case. I love Kean, I am learning so much.
Thu, 03 Apr 2014 09:43:51 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about KCNJ for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html Academically Kean is a great school. I am an intended Speech Language Communications major. I like the program so far, and plan on continuing throughout my years here. One thing I dislike about Kean i... Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:30:01 GMT StudentsReview 884-104931 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 884-104931 884 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2016 2nd Year Neutral Academically Kean is a great school. I am an intended Speech Language Communications major. I like the program so far, and plan on continuing throughout my years here. One thing I dislike about Kean is Residential Life. This is mainly a commuter school, so Res Life is pretty small. They care more about the school's appearance more than the students. The dorms are nice, but the Residence hall directors can be a pain with all of their useless rules. There's always dorm parties going on, and there are plenty Frat/Sorrority houses near by. A lot of clubs if you're into that. Cars are def needed on this campus. Living on campus gets boring after awhile, but the dorms are pretty nice. Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:30:01 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about KCNJ for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html It is a great school! Faculty is extremely approachable I had amazing professors that really care about us learning, understanding and applying the acquired knowledge. Maybe I was lucky but I never ha... Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:03:08 GMT StudentsReview 884-104822 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 884-104822 884 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 2014 4th Year Positive It is a great school! Faculty is extremely approachable I had amazing professors that really care about us learning, understanding and applying the acquired knowledge. Maybe I was lucky but I never had a "bad" professor. Also, I got accepted to all four grad school programs I applied.
Campus is pretty and well maintained and the Starbucks is HUGE!
Food in the East Campus cafeteria is very good !
This semester the whole trolley situation got much better
Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:03:08 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html