StudentsReview - Kean University - Life at Kean Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html Life at Kean - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Kean for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html Office of admissions is the most unorganized department of all state colleges. After repeatedly being told I didn't have all my admissions paperwork in, when everything had been sent in twice, I shou... Wed, 25 Feb 2015 08:07:53 GMT StudentsReview 884-157562 884-157562 884 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative Office of admissions is the most unorganized department of all state colleges. After repeatedly being told I didn't have all my admissions paperwork in, when everything had been sent in twice, I should've run for the hills then. No, instead I went to Kean and now I can't wait until I get out. This is the worst school ever. NJ tax payers should be up in arms that their tax money is being used to support this school. Wed, 25 Feb 2015 08:07:53 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Kean for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html The Computer Science program at Kean is great, Dr. Morreal is very smart, friendly and the professors so far for my Core Classes are very nice and helpful. However, everything else at Kean is a disast... Wed, 12 Nov 2014 01:29:14 GMT StudentsReview 884-153280 884-153280 884 12 Computer Science Female Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Negative The Computer Science program at Kean is great, Dr. Morreal is very smart, friendly and the professors so far for my Core Classes are very nice and helpful. However, everything else at Kean is a disaster. Half of my credits didn't transfer properly, I've been given the runaround like CRAZY the administration is awful. Good luck actually getting into the classes you need, they're always full...and if you need to get pushed in you have to go chasing department heads to do it to get paperwork signed. Unless you personally email the dean, no one does anything for you. I think this school is so disorganized, unhelpful, and there is such a lack of accountability that I may transfer for the fall of my senior year. I think it will be considerably LESS work to go through the transfer process at Rutgers then to attempt to register for another 2 semesters. I am a good student, and at OCC it was cake to do everything, I can't believe they paired up with Kean! and if you have kids, don't even THINK about it....getting your scheduling worked around involves jumping through flaming hot rings of fire - no one cares that you are a parent that is probably working full time trying to get an education to support your kids, literally no one gives a crap at Kean. Wed, 12 Nov 2014 01:29:14 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Kean for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html Kean University is a school which would be in the bottom portion of colleges that applicants who have decent GPA and SAT score would attend even of instate students. First this a commuter school, you ... Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:28:07 GMT StudentsReview 884-115990 884-115990 884 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2008 1st Year Negative Kean University is a school which would be in the bottom portion of colleges that applicants who have decent GPA and SAT score would attend even of instate students. First this a commuter school, you come on campus, go to class and leave. There is very little if any school spirt here and activities are limited as well. The admission standards are not competitive either, you need a 2.5 GPA and close to a 1000 SAT score (math/verbal) and you are in. Faculty here are helpful and help when every you need it, never has a bad experience in that regard. I attended from 2004-2005 and still regret it. Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:28:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about Kean for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html Although I have graduated nearly 2 years ago, I can honestly say that my undergraduate years at Kean were absolutely magical. Initially, as a freshman, I was a scared and nervous boy(although i did ha... Thu, 01 May 2014 07:25:57 GMT StudentsReview 884-107422 884-107422 884 38 Psychology Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive Although I have graduated nearly 2 years ago, I can honestly say that my undergraduate years at Kean were absolutely magical. Initially, as a freshman, I was a scared and nervous boy(although i did have some friends come with me to Kean prior) who did not know anyone and was not involved in any extracurricular activities. However, as time progressed, I began to grow closer to my peers and started to become more involved in campus. I became involved in the student government, and was apart of the E-board at my club, as well as a member in other clubs. Moreover, with this involvement naturally came meeting new people and friends. I loved to coming to campus, as there was always something to do. The faculty and staff( at least in my experience) were very friendly and helpful as well.Mind you, that some courses I took were somewhat difficult( anatomy, precal, etc) however the instructors were willing to help despite the level of difficulty. I truly have learned so much from the classes and teachers and I feel blessed to have experienced and known them. My time at Kean was definitely one the best moments of my life. I highly advise anyone to come here, and experience the university for themselves.

P.S. Do not listen to those who bash Kean, they were probably those individuals who only came to school, then leave right after. Keep and open mind, meet people, and enjoy your college experience! :)
Thu, 01 May 2014 07:25:57 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Kean for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html Coming to Kean University has been the best decision of my life. Let me start off, first by saying that I have transferred so many times due to the fact of personal issues. I am an education major and... Thu, 03 Apr 2014 10:43:51 GMT StudentsReview 884-105158 884-105158 884 15 Education Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive Coming to Kean University has been the best decision of my life. Let me start off, first by saying that I have transferred so many times due to the fact of personal issues. I am an education major and right now I am completing the requirements next semester I start my education classes.
What I like about this University are the classes and Professors, the size is just right, not too big, not to small. The professors know you by name, you're not just a number to them. People are friendly, the classes are challenging but hey, it isn't high school right.

One thing that I will complain about is parking. Parking is terrible, so make sure you come in early. I come here at 11am, and can't find parking by the entrance of the school. I have to park all the way in the back. Another thing, make sure not to park on the yellow lines, those are for the staff. I cannot even emphasize this enough, they will give you tickets, for $100 but I appealed it, and they reduced it for $50. You don't want to get tickets though so park on the WHITE LINES.

Safety is not an issue here. My latest class ends at 10:15pm, I walk to the parking lot like nothing, so don't worry about that.

The campus itself is beautiful, there's internet connections so bring in your laptop, lot of professors let you use the laptop in class and record it. Also, if you are having issues in class get tutoring, it's on CAS. Simple.

I can't really complain, I've read horrible reviews about Kean and I was afraid of coming here, thinking that I will transfer again but that hasn't been the case. I love Kean, I am learning so much.
Thu, 03 Apr 2014 10:43:51 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/KCNJ_comments.html