StudentsReview - Montclair State University - Life at MSU Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html Life at MSU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about MSU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html Transferred here from CCM where I had a much better experience all around. From faculty/advisor accessibility, to financial aid to parking, Montclair State has fallen way below my expectations in ever... Tue, 04 Aug 2015 11:48:06 GMT StudentsReview 886-168571 886-168571 886 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Negative Transferred here from CCM where I had a much better experience all around. From faculty/advisor accessibility, to financial aid to parking, Montclair State has fallen way below my expectations in every area. To get anything accomplished, you must email 10 different staff members, only to be told at the end that there is nothing that can be done to help you. Financial aid is a JOKE. I came to MSU with a 3.89 GPA and now an averaging a 3.85 and have not received a single cent of merit aid.

Overall, I really regret my decision to transfer here. I hope my remaining 3 semesters fly by, because MSU is a disaster.
Tue, 04 Aug 2015 11:48:06 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about MSU for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html Going to Montclair was essentially a last ditch effort for me. I was applying to nursing programs which were highly competitive and I was not accepted into them due to lack of available spots. I also ... Thu, 30 Jul 2015 06:10:33 GMT StudentsReview 886-163844 886-163844 886 0 Unknown Female Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Negative Going to Montclair was essentially a last ditch effort for me. I was applying to nursing programs which were highly competitive and I was not accepted into them due to lack of available spots. I also have an interest in geriatrics, which is the area I want to focus on when I become a nurse. The classes I've taken, both GenEd and Major requirements, have been a joke. I've enjoyed some of the classes that I've taken, but most of them have been boring, non-stimulating, and repetitive at times. As of now, before starting my second semester as a sophomore, the most challenging courses I have taken have been my Introduction to Computers course (the professor barely spoke English, he was rude, condescending, unhelpful, and his exam testing style was absurd. "The first person finished the exam in 45 minutes, so on this second exam, you'll all have 45 minutes to complete it and then I'm going to start teaching." He wasn't lying, he did. He also went above and beyond what this course entailed and would then berate or laugh at students when they didn't understand.) The second one was my BIOL 110 lab. (My school's sciences had never been particularly strong, and the lab was more in depth than anything I was taught in high school, but this was an enjoyable challenge.)
There's absolutely NO campus life, spending weekends there is boring and desolate since the campus is essentially abandoned other than a few people. There really isn't anything to do there anyway. It's predominately a commuter campus, but the majority of people walking to and from classes, and around campus are pretty much locked into their phones and headphones. Not many people are interactive, unless they're with friends.
Getting to and from classes is miserable in the winter due to where the campus is situated--on a hill--and the wind is wicked. The shuttles are unreliable as well.
When I needed to go about getting a medical leave of absence for this previous semester, I had to jump through so many hoops, which in the end weren't necessary. Some of the people in the offices are incompetent and don't know the answer to simple questions, let alone more complex ones.
I'm horribly disappointed in the experience that I've had at this school so far, I'm hoping that this semester will be more challenging since I'm taking some extra sciences so I'm a more competitive candidate for nursing program.
Thu, 30 Jul 2015 06:10:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about MSU for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html Well, here's something scary: I didn't know hell was in driving distance right off of rt46... Wed, 24 Jun 2015 01:48:27 GMT StudentsReview 886-162612 886-162612 886 1 Accounting Female Undergraduate Class 2015 4th Year Neutral Well, here's something scary: I didn't know hell was in driving distance right off of rt46 Wed, 24 Jun 2015 01:48:27 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about MSU for Social Workhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html I DO NOT LIKE THIS SCHOOL!!! I honestly regret making this my first choice! I transferred here for Spring se I had no guidance of what I was getting myself into and I was thrown to the wolves... I was... Thu, 02 Apr 2015 01:06:36 GMT StudentsReview 886-159074 886-159074 886 66 Social Work Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative I DO NOT LIKE THIS SCHOOL!!! I honestly regret making this my first choice! I transferred here for Spring se I had no guidance of what I was getting myself into and I was thrown to the wolves... I wasn't welcomed by my advisor. They made me make my schedule in my own I didn't even know what I was doing. The faculty in admission, registration, and residents life are EXTREMELY RUDE!!! The campus is way too huge and it's really difficult to get involved here you basically have to be desperate to meet new people and it shouldn't be that hard. I'm transferring out because I just overall dread being here super unhappy here and This isn't the school for me. I should have done a lot more research on this school. Thu, 02 Apr 2015 01:06:36 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about MSU for PreMed and Medicalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html Try to avoid going to this school. I understand for many its close by and affordable but please, its YOUR money and its YOUR time, dont waste either of those by attending montclair state. Ill break my... Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:50:16 GMT StudentsReview 886-157596 886-157596 886 36 PreMed and Medical Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Advice Try to avoid going to this school. I understand for many its close by and affordable but please, its YOUR money and its YOUR time, dont waste either of those by attending montclair state. Ill break my comment down into social life and campus life. Academics are average at best so I dont feel it is worth going into detail as positive or negative.

-Social life: it should be called greek life because that IS the only social life you will find at montclair, going greek costs money and you will be treated very poorly as a 'pledge' for semester. Borderline hazing or in some cases..actual hazing. If you make a choice as an individual human being to NOT 'go greek' watch how easily people will give you the cold shoulder. It will become VERY hard to make friends. It bothers me to my core that people get treated this way in what are supposed to be the best years of your life.

-campus life: the campus scenery is bland and cold. the song 'concrete jungle' by bob marley is the best way to describe montclair. Due to its location (atop a large hill) winters are long and frigid. VERY often buses are not on schedule and most students are left to walk to class in 5 F degree weather. Food is available yet of poor quality, but that just sums up montclair state as a whole; quantity over quality. Many workers are rude and unhelpful so its best to avoid them altogether. Lastly, the student medical center, The medical center is run by "doctors" who dont take students seriously and let them leave without providing proper care. The feel its not their problem and that if you are very sick you will go home anyway so why should they help anyone? Its sickening and I hate everyday here, only one more year until im out, that what i tell myself...

Please dont go here.
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:50:16 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html