StudentsReview - Montclair State University - Life at MSU Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html Life at MSU - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about MSU for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html Well, here's something scary: I didn't know hell was in driving distance right off of rt46... Wed, 24 Jun 2015 01:48:27 GMT StudentsReview 886-162612 886-162612 886 1 Accounting Female Undergraduate Class 2015 4th Year Neutral Well, here's something scary: I didn't know hell was in driving distance right off of rt46 Wed, 24 Jun 2015 01:48:27 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about MSU for Social Workhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html I DO NOT LIKE THIS SCHOOL!!! I honestly regret making this my first choice! I transferred here for Spring se I had no guidance of what I was getting myself into and I was thrown to the wolves... I was... Thu, 02 Apr 2015 01:06:36 GMT StudentsReview 886-159074 886-159074 886 66 Social Work Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative I DO NOT LIKE THIS SCHOOL!!! I honestly regret making this my first choice! I transferred here for Spring se I had no guidance of what I was getting myself into and I was thrown to the wolves... I wasn't welcomed by my advisor. They made me make my schedule in my own I didn't even know what I was doing. The faculty in admission, registration, and residents life are EXTREMELY RUDE!!! The campus is way too huge and it's really difficult to get involved here you basically have to be desperate to meet new people and it shouldn't be that hard. I'm transferring out because I just overall dread being here super unhappy here and This isn't the school for me. I should have done a lot more research on this school. Thu, 02 Apr 2015 01:06:36 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about MSU for PreMed and Medicalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html Try to avoid going to this school. I understand for many its close by and affordable but please, its YOUR money and its YOUR time, dont waste either of those by attending montclair state. Ill break my... Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:50:16 GMT StudentsReview 886-157596 886-157596 886 36 PreMed and Medical Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Advice Try to avoid going to this school. I understand for many its close by and affordable but please, its YOUR money and its YOUR time, dont waste either of those by attending montclair state. Ill break my comment down into social life and campus life. Academics are average at best so I dont feel it is worth going into detail as positive or negative.

-Social life: it should be called greek life because that IS the only social life you will find at montclair, going greek costs money and you will be treated very poorly as a 'pledge' for semester. Borderline hazing or in some cases..actual hazing. If you make a choice as an individual human being to NOT 'go greek' watch how easily people will give you the cold shoulder. It will become VERY hard to make friends. It bothers me to my core that people get treated this way in what are supposed to be the best years of your life.

-campus life: the campus scenery is bland and cold. the song 'concrete jungle' by bob marley is the best way to describe montclair. Due to its location (atop a large hill) winters are long and frigid. VERY often buses are not on schedule and most students are left to walk to class in 5 F degree weather. Food is available yet of poor quality, but that just sums up montclair state as a whole; quantity over quality. Many workers are rude and unhelpful so its best to avoid them altogether. Lastly, the student medical center, The medical center is run by "doctors" who dont take students seriously and let them leave without providing proper care. The feel its not their problem and that if you are very sick you will go home anyway so why should they help anyone? Its sickening and I hate everyday here, only one more year until im out, that what i tell myself...

Please dont go here.
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:50:16 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about MSU for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html If Montclair State is on your college list, cross it out ASAP!! This campus is completely unorganized! You will constantly have different advisors, who don't even help you. Instead they direct you to ... Tue, 09 Dec 2014 11:34:43 GMT StudentsReview 886-154952 886-154952 886 15 Education Female Undergraduate Class 2018 3rd Year Negative If Montclair State is on your college list, cross it out ASAP!! This campus is completely unorganized! You will constantly have different advisors, who don't even help you. Instead they direct you to someone, and then that person will direct you to someone else and so on. It's honestly a joke.You are not looked at as a student or individual, but instead as a dollar sign. Advisors and administrators have the worst attitudes and make you feel like you're a bother. This campus spends their money on making new buildings when that's the least of their priorities. They literally have a science building and a math building, but they just had to build a building right next to both of them and make it the Math and Science building. Seriously? If you are planning to commute, make sure you have a crappy car and leave super early. Your car will 100% be hit by someone (multiple times), whether your car is parked or they're flying around the bend. Moving on to campus life, THERE IS NONE! This campus is completely dead at nights and on weekends as this is basically a commuter school. There are a bunch of weirdos who go to this school too. I have seen the weirdest people and things on this campus, it's unreal. Students are very unapproachable and snobby. People complain that they want to make friends, but they're all weird and jerks and no one seems to make an effort. I originally wanted to join a national sorority, but after meeting all of the sisters, no thank you. Tri Sig has some of the weirdest girls in it. Phi Sig is boring and has some weird girls in it too. Sigma Delta Tau seems nice, but the girls are so bitchy and fake. I have a class with two girls in SDT and they're so annoying!!! Same goes for Delta Phi Epsilon. The girls are pretty, but omg they're the most fake girls i've ever met! They all think they're way better than you; not cute. Professors on this campus are jokes too. Work is a high school level. I haven't learned much in the three years I have attended so far. Honestly, this campus would be a waste of you time and money. I HIGHLY recommend you to not even bother. Tue, 09 Dec 2014 11:34:43 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about MSU for Anthropologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html There's so much racism spread about in this school. If you're not Latin, Black, or White, you're seen as a lesser being.... Sat, 22 Nov 2014 08:10:35 GMT StudentsReview 886-154072 886-154072 886 42 Anthropology Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative There's so much racism spread about in this school. If you're not Latin, Black, or White, you're seen as a lesser being. Sat, 22 Nov 2014 08:10:35 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html