StudentsReview - Montclair State University - Life at MSUhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html Life at MSU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about MSU for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html This is the worst possible school you could come to for research. The facilities are horrendous and outdated. The autoclave is old and is always breaking down. Their research projects are jokes. If yo... Sun, 20 Jul 2014 01:01:43 GMT StudentsReview 886-114452 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 886-114452 886 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2015 5th Year Negative This is the worst possible school you could come to for research. The facilities are horrendous and outdated. The autoclave is old and is always breaking down. Their research projects are jokes. If you ever go to a scientific conference you will feel like a no body. They get practically no funding from NIH (1 person in the chemistry department has NIH money, but NONE of biology professors have it)

We don't have a confocal fluorescence microscope (come on)or a FLOW CYTOMETER (GET WITH THE PROGRAM MONTCLAIR STATE. It is just the worst possible school you could come for science, TRUST ME. If you come here for a BS and you're not in the Chemistry department, be prepared to do a masters because the research here is not going to cut it in the real world. Montclair State, you should be ashamed.

Even if you're coming for medical school, you are making a horrible mistake. Most admissions committees will not have a good impression of you due to competition. This place is a dump. Even if you obtained a 4.0 gpa here, its not like that will be able to compare to someone who has a 3.8 from a rigorous school. Don't make a stupid decision because you think you're going to save money. I'd rather go in debt that come to this dump.
Sun, 20 Jul 2014 01:01:43 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about MSU for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html Overall the school is nice looking and you don't feel like just a number. I say its a good school due to the fact that its cheap, nice looking, the professors are pretty good, the food isn't bad. But ... Sun, 27 Apr 2014 06:59:29 GMT StudentsReview 886-107088 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 886-107088 886 1 Accounting Male Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Advice Overall the school is nice looking and you don't feel like just a number. I say its a good school due to the fact that its cheap, nice looking, the professors are pretty good, the food isn't bad. But if i could transfer if it wasn't for how cheap this school is then I would in heartbeat. I don't feel like I'm living any sort of college experience. I see it like a job, I go do what I have to do and leave. I feel like the students are either really quiet or just plain stuck up and arrogant. Not enough diversity. I feel alone and upset when I'am there but what keeps me here is the price and what i came here for which is to get an education. Coming here is a hit or miss either you will enjoy it fully and have a blast like some people do or you will be miserable and see it like a dull job Sun, 27 Apr 2014 06:59:29 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about MSU for Nutritionhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html I'm writing this because I care about others, and I would never want someone to have the same experience I did. I am transferring to a different school in the fall. Montclair State University did not ... Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:19:11 GMT StudentsReview 886-106632 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 886-106632 886 73 Nutrition Female Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Negative I'm writing this because I care about others, and I would never want someone to have the same experience I did. I am transferring to a different school in the fall. Montclair State University did not live up to my expectations. I met some students who were very kind and open minded, but I met a lot more who I couldn't even believe were actually going to school, and were very ignorant. This school is very much all style and no substance. Seriously, if you are someone who wants to further your education and better yourself, you are better off going to Rutgers. You do not get the 'individual' attention that they tell you you will get. The dorms are awful and loud. The food is absolutely terrible (with the exception of the Shwarma food truck.) Oh and by the way, this is the definition of a suitcase school. Weekends are literally a ghost town with nothing to do. Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:19:11 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about MSU for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html The accounting department at MSU is one of their bright spots especially the professors. However, the overall university experience is mostly negative. Your academic advisor is non-existent and you ... Tue, 08 Apr 2014 10:29:33 GMT StudentsReview 886-105557 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 886-105557 886 1 Accounting Male Undergraduate Class 2011 5th Year Negative The accounting department at MSU is one of their bright spots especially the professors. However, the overall university experience is mostly negative. Your academic advisor is non-existent and you wouldn't even know they are there if certain classes didn't require waivers. The school doesn't make accomodations for students who have full-time jobs by making sure required courses are available for night class even though they claim to during the admissions process. there is one pretty good place to eat on campus attached to the library and the recreation center is pretty clean but overall I wouldn't recommend the place to anyone. Tue, 08 Apr 2014 10:29:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about MSU for Video/Mediahttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html I've been to New York once for vacation! At night when you walk on the seterts, it will smell like trash because that's when people toss out their garbage . And shops there close too early! I think t... Sun, 06 Apr 2014 05:32:38 GMT StudentsReview 886-105233 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 886-105233 886 46 Video/Media Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Advice I've been to New York once for vacation! At night when you walk on the seterts, it will smell like trash because that's when people toss out their garbage . And shops there close too early! I think they close around 7PM!! And you're going to have to know your way around NY and if you look like a tourist or a noobie, taxi cab drivers will take advantage of you and rip you off by taking you to your destination THE LONG ROUTE. And be sure to visit Times Square at night because it is AMAZING! And be careful when walking into a huge crowd because you might get pickpocketed. And traffic is CRAZY. When the cross light goes on you better cross the street FAST cause the cabbies will honk the SH%T out of you or might even run you over!! Was this answer helpful? Sun, 06 Apr 2014 05:32:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/MSU_comments.html