StudentsReview - Princeton University - Life at Princetonhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/PU_comments.html Life at Princeton - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about Princeton for Electrical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/PU_comments.html This was a transformational experience in my life. I am forever grateful to Princeton as it gave me a set of friends and colleagues I have kept close to my life forever. If you have the chance to ... Sat, 12 Apr 2014 09:05:35 GMT StudentsReview 888-105901 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 888-105901 888 16 Electrical Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 1995 4th Year Positive This was a transformational experience in my life. I am forever grateful to Princeton as it gave me a set of friends and colleagues I have kept close to my life forever.

If you have the chance to experience the bond this school creates in your life, do not pass it up.
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 09:05:35 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/PU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Princeton for Chemistryhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/PU_comments.html The campus is just beautiful, many students are friendly and bright, financial aid is generous if you're eligible; however, grade deflation has made the place unbearable and affected the learning and ... Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:15:26 GMT StudentsReview 888-98258 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 888-98258 888 9 Chemistry Female Undergraduate Class 2011 4th Year Negative The campus is just beautiful, many students are friendly and bright, financial aid is generous if you're eligible; however, grade deflation has made the place unbearable and affected the learning and teaching. Grades are the focus rather than a proper education. Students don't collaborate and take classes that they shouldn't, so you have fluent speakers in a beginner's language class; students who passed advanced AP classes in intro science classes; taking classes over the summer somewhere else and retaking at Pton; dropping out of class when you see that too many "smart" people are enrolled. Faculty, including TAs, have no incentive to make sure that you grasp the content, so assignments don't include feedback or are returned when it's too late; content is tested that's not taught or tests are ridiculously hard (to make sure that not too many people do too well; remember there's a cap on A's); you have no clue where you stand because grading is on a curve at the end of the semester, so you could have a 90%,but if everybody else has a 95%, you still end up with a B or C, or you can have a 60% and get an A. Of course, by the time you apply for scholarships/internships or to grad/professional school or for a job, you realize that nobody knows nor cares that your Pton average GPA of 3.2 or 3.3 is "just as good" as Harvard's 3.5.
While some faculty are friendly and helpful, but some of the tenured faculty are downright abusive. However, because of "academic freedom" they get away with it. Non-tenured faculty are treated like crap. Google Antonio Calvo and see for yourself.
The administrators are arrogant and hush up any kind of disagreement or negative experiences. There's no reason to change, whether it applies to the grading policy, abusive faculty, or whatever else because they know that there are enough suckers who still want to attend Princeton. Not sure whether Yale or Harvard would have been better, but at 200K, it wasn't worth it. If you work your butt off for 4 years, may as well have better options afterwards.
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:15:26 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/PU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Princeton for Economicshttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/PU_comments.html My biggest piece of advice is to start thinking about eating clubs and the bicker process early on. Certain student groups (frats/sororities, atheltic teams, performance groups, newspaper, etc.) feed ... Mon, 22 Jul 2013 02:06:53 GMT StudentsReview 888-95010 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 888-95010 888 57 Economics Female Undergraduate Class 2013 4th Year Neutral My biggest piece of advice is to start thinking about eating clubs and the bicker process early on. Certain student groups (frats/sororities, atheltic teams, performance groups, newspaper, etc.) feed into certain clubs, so if you know that you like Ivy for example, it's probably best to join an activity like certain frats or sororites, the crew team, or certain singing/dance groups that feed in. Otherwise it will be hard to get into that club if you're "unaffiliated." Try to meet as many upperclassmen in your club of choice early on, but it's best if they're in your activity because they'll be more likely to speak for you.

Academically, if you have a preceptor who doesn't speak English, switch into a different section!! And do your problem sets and outlines with friends because it's much easier than attempting on your own. Go to office hours for extra help.

Lastly, make sure you go out and have fun!! Many of my friends stopped going out to the Street after sophomore year, and missed out on a lot of fun. Even if it's midterms week, I'm sure you could spare an hour or two.
Mon, 22 Jul 2013 02:06:53 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/PU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Princeton for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/PU_comments.html USNEWS WORLD'S BEST UNIVERSITIES 2012: P is "#9", behind #1: MIT, #3: Harvard, #7: Yale, #8: U Chicago. USNEWS NATIONAL TOP UNIVERSITIES 2012: P is "#1". Haha, rediculous! What is "P" good at? ... Sat, 06 Apr 2013 02:10:06 GMT StudentsReview 888-93000 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 888-93000 888 0 Unknown Female Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Negative USNEWS WORLD'S BEST UNIVERSITIES 2012: P is "#9", behind #1:
MIT, #3: Harvard, #7: Yale, #8: U Chicago.

USNEWS NATIONAL TOP UNIVERSITIES 2012: P is "#1".

Haha, rediculous! What is "P" good at? Medical school?
Engineering school? Business school?
Sat, 06 Apr 2013 02:10:06 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/PU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Princeton for Neuroscience/Cognitive Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/PU_comments.html Princeton is full of snobs who do not like to share notes. I did not last one year at Princeton because I did not like the atmosphere and I was robbed at gunpoint. Let me share my story: I was walking... Fri, 08 Mar 2013 09:47:17 GMT StudentsReview 888-92464 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 888-92464 888 69 Neuroscience/Cognitive Science Female Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Negative Princeton is full of snobs who do not like to share notes. I did not last one year at Princeton because I did not like the atmosphere and I was robbed at gunpoint. Let me share my story: I was walking home because I am a commuter and some guy a gun grabbed me from behind. I thought he wanted money so I threw my change at him. He pistol whipped me and demanded I take off my clothes. He took my clothes and ran away. It was very embarrassing to be seen naked and the snobby kids I mentioned earlier laughed at me and took pictures and sent them to other people. Now my future is ruined I can never get a job because of those pictures. Thanks Princeton!!! Fri, 08 Mar 2013 09:47:17 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NJ/PU_comments.html