StudentsReview - Berkeley College Westchester Campus - Life at BCWChttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/BCWC_comments.html Life at BCWC - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about BCWC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/BCWC_comments.html I sucks. Getting in is a breeze because they'll take anyone who's willing to pay for it. After you're in, you'll question why you're paying thousands of dollars for housing that's not worth it or how ... Tue, 06 Aug 2013 01:56:40 GMT StudentsReview 920-95192 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 920-95192 920 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Negative I sucks. Getting in is a breeze because they'll take anyone who's willing to pay for it. After you're in, you'll question why you're paying thousands of dollars for housing that's not worth it or how you didn't get enough loans to cover your balance. It's definitely a for-profit college and the students are the cash cows. It's rare that students even stay after their 4th quarter. Tue, 06 Aug 2013 01:56:40 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/BCWC_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about BCWC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/BCWC_comments.html I would not change attending to the school but I wish the school would take it an step further in challenging their students. I am a strong believer that doesn?t matter what school you go to as long a... Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:52:51 GMT StudentsReview 920-92635 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 920-92635 920 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2008 4th Year Neutral I would not change attending to the school but I wish the school would take it an step further in challenging their students. I am a strong believer that doesn?t matter what school you go to as long as you take full advantage of what they are offering. The Professors were friendly and easily accessible. I believe they truly taught me how to communicate better and I was ready to face the real work life after graduation. Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:52:51 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/BCWC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about BCWC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/BCWC_comments.html Being at the White Plains campus of Berkeley College for as long as I have, I have seen and experienced enough to honestly say that Berkeley has been a beneficial factor in not only my personal life b... Sun, 03 Mar 2013 10:34:58 GMT StudentsReview 920-92362 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 920-92362 920 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2014 3rd Year Positive Being at the White Plains campus of Berkeley College for as long as I have, I have seen and experienced enough to honestly say that Berkeley has been a beneficial factor in not only my personal life but for the progression of my career. The classes have proven to be challenging enough to bring the best out of the students and each student receives the grade equivalent to the amount of work and effort they put forth. I strongly believe that your college experience is what you make it so if you actually get out and become active on campus, your experience will definitely be one to remember. Sun, 03 Mar 2013 10:34:58 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/BCWC_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about BCWC for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/BCWC_comments.html This institution is a disaster! I would NOT recommend it.... Wed, 15 Dec 2010 05:18:45 GMT StudentsReview 920-73727 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 920-73727 920 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Neutral This institution is a disaster! I would NOT recommend it. Wed, 15 Dec 2010 05:18:45 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/BCWC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BCWC for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/BCWC_comments.html I am a student who came from out of state. i was accepted to 12 other schools, but chose Berkeley because I liked the location, and because I could earn my bachelor's degree in three years. However af... Wed, 15 Dec 2010 05:03:39 GMT StudentsReview 920-73726 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 920-73726 920 0 Unknown Female Undergraduate Class 2013 1st Year Negative I am a student who came from out of state. i was accepted to 12 other schools, but chose Berkeley because I liked the location, and because I could earn my bachelor's degree in three years. However after being here for a quarter, i have been EXTREMELY disappointed, and am transferring to an out- of- state university.
First off, the admissions process. The school lost a form that they requested I send to them, it had my credit card number and personal information on it. Then, they tried to enroll me for a campus that did not have dorms, and i come from a different state that is six hours away.
I got an admissions counselor, that worked for a different campus than the one that I had applied for. She rarely returned my calls. Then, one week before I was supposed to move to the school, she decided to call me to let me know that I was missing about 3 different forms!
IHowever, I set these few mistakes aside, thinking that my experience would get better, it did not. When I moved into my dorm, i was told that I would have two roommates, I had three, in a rom that was fit for two people. The room is not equipped with an oven, however there is no cafeteria.
Then, one of my roommates sold marijuana to many other students in the school. Also, they drank alcohol in the room repeatedly. When i requested to move rooms, I was told that I could not change rooms unless I told the Resident Assistance why i was requesting to move. i did so, and wrote a statement. By this point, the RA, the Residents Hall Director, and the Assistant Dean of students and campus life were aware of the situation, they did nothing. They didn't even allow me to change rooms. this was because the school had over packed the dorms, because according to the Assistant Dean, they plan on students leaving after the first quarter. Basically, this meant that they would not change my room because they put too many people in each room to make more money. Finally, about a month later, i was cornered in my room by two other students, and the school moved me to a room that had an available bed for three weeks by that time.
There were countless other issues that I, as well as other students, experienced. From the toilet system clogging weekly, to fire drills and floor meetings at 10:00 PM.
Also, the admissions counselors brag to incoming freshmen that Berkeley College does not increase tuition because it freezes, however what they conveniently forget to mention is that the cost of housing and "administrative fees" goes up every year, without proper notice. This meant that I, a student paying for college on my own, had to shell out an extra $200+ per quarter thereafter.
So far, i have just discussed briefly a few common issues with this campus, that does not even include the academic side of the school.
The professors at this school are definitely the strong point, I have had some amazing professors who are very knowledgable about the subject. However, they are constantly forced to "dumb down" their courses because students do not attend classes, or put any type of effort into their education.
I actually had a midterm and a final for a class in which the professor gave us the questions, word for word, before we had to take the exam, and then the tests were both open note. How does this teach students?
Another final consisted of doing a five minute power point, half which was supposed to be about the student. A third final I had consisted of a two slide Power Point which the students were given the directions on how to complete (such as writing out name on the slide, and adding a picture.)As previously stated, I am transferring out of this school, as are many other students. Please, do yourself a favor, if you are even considering Berkeley College, run in the opposite direction, and DO NOT go!
Wed, 15 Dec 2010 05:03:39 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/BCWC_comments.html