StudentsReview - The City University of New York Queens College - Life at CUNY/Queens Copyright 2021 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/CUNYQC_comments.html Life at CUNY/Queens - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about CUNY/Queens for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/CUNYQC_comments.html Whilst I am still a freshman at the college I must be honest. Transfering from queensborough to queens college feels like a step backwards rather than a step forwards. I am treated by most of my profe... Wed, 01 Nov 2017 01:28:38 GMT StudentsReview 932-181769 932-181769 932 15 Education Male Undergraduate Class 1922 1st Year Negative Whilst I am still a freshman at the college I must be honest. Transfering from queensborough to queens college feels like a step backwards rather than a step forwards. I am treated by most of my professors like a highschooler rather than an adult. The coursework and tests can be insanelly tough, and ultimatlly are unrelated to the discussions in class! The only reason there is no competition when it comes to grades in classes is because everyone cheats on eachother to do better in the school! Wed, 01 Nov 2017 01:28:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/CUNYQC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about CUNY/Queens for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/CUNYQC_comments.html Queens College is amazing. I went to an out of school college for undergrad, and several years later wanted to return to get my masters degree. I chose QC because of its great reputation, and also aff... Sun, 19 Jul 2015 08:20:42 GMT StudentsReview 932-163362 932-163362 932 15 Education Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive Queens College is amazing. I went to an out of school college for undergrad, and several years later wanted to return to get my masters degree. I chose QC because of its great reputation, and also affordable tuition. I earned my first M.S.Ed. in TESOL, and got a job right out of school as a high school ESL and Spanish teacher. I felt very prepared for the position, but the drawback to that program is that there were many students and we were not close knit/did not keep in touch. This is a drawback because connections are very important. I decided to pursue my second M.S.Ed. again at QC for Counselor Education (School Counseling). This program is AMAZING. They are very selective because of the difficulty in getting a job as a school counselor, and as a result our cohort was very close. I also gained close relationships with the professors, which greatly helped me in my job hunt. I maintain these connections today, and working as a school counselor I see the difference going to QC has given me. I have a strong work ethic and multicultural understanding due to my time at QC, and I have heard and noticed from other school counseling programs that they do not effectively prepare their students. I have seen the difference between QC counselors and counselors graduating from other schools, and it is HUGE. I still talk to my professors today.. they are always available to give advice and support, even though I am no longer a student! (Note about SC program: do not pursue this program unless you have experience in the nonprofit or education field already as jobs are very very difficult to get).

Everyone on campus was always very friendly and helpful. My son went to the QC childcare center and they were also AMAZING. They loved him there, and he loved it (which is saying a lot because he has special needs). I will always recommend QC to anyone I meet! I'm sure out of the thousands and thousands of students there are those who have had bad experiences-- but I have been a student at 3 different universities now, and I can tell you that QC has been one of the best. Absolute best reputation as well. Consider the age and maturity level of those commenting while reading. This will help inform you which comments are helpful and which are the complaints of a negative teenager.
Sun, 19 Jul 2015 08:20:42 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/CUNYQC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about CUNY/Queens for Undecidedhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/CUNYQC_comments.html Ive been at Queens College for a few months now and I am already trying to transfer out. The teachers don't care, the students don't care, and CUNY faculty doesn't care. The people on campus are gener... Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:54:45 GMT StudentsReview 932-153428 932-153428 932 52 Undecided Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative Ive been at Queens College for a few months now and I am already trying to transfer out. The teachers don't care, the students don't care, and CUNY faculty doesn't care. The people on campus are generally rude. If you look or dress differently they give you weird looks. The campus grounds are pretty nice. They are kept well except for a few instances. There was a dead squirrel on the quad for a whole day before it was cleaned up. The food on campus is not the best. There are some good places to eat in town if you have a car or are willing to walk and have a very long break. There are few places to hang out or wait for your next class. This gets rough in the winter because everyone crowds into a few buildings. Honestly I would not recommend this school but it could be worse. Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:54:45 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/CUNYQC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about CUNY/Queens for Undecidedhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/CUNYQC_comments.html The staff is awful. I went to admissions four times to get my residency status changed, they didn't give me the information I needed and gave me different answers every time. Don't expect departmen... Fri, 25 Jul 2014 08:57:14 GMT StudentsReview 932-115812 932-115812 932 52 Undecided Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative The staff is awful. I went to admissions four times to get my residency status changed, they didn't give me the information I needed and gave me different answers every time.

Don't expect departments to pick up the phone. The staff is also incredibly rude (at least the majority) and don't care about you. They are shit hawks.

Teachers are not that great, lots of graduate students teaching. Some good professors, some shitbirds.

It's great because it's cheap, but having to deal with staff is a nightmare. Some of the teachers are friendly and helpful, some are not.

Good luck climbing the shit rope and they like to shaft you especially transfers.
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 08:57:14 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/CUNYQC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about CUNY/Queens for Philosophyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/CUNYQC_comments.html Queens College offers a great liberal arts education. However, it's a commuter school so the campus life is not that exiting. Most professors are nice and helpful. In my particular major in the dept. ... Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:26:28 GMT StudentsReview 932-107173 932-107173 932 32 Philosophy Male Undergraduate Class 2015 4th Year Positive Queens College offers a great liberal arts education. However, it's a commuter school so the campus life is not that exiting. Most professors are nice and helpful. In my particular major in the dept. of philosophy, I would say that they are all very nice and helpful. A great advantage of going to a CUNY school is that they are very well recognized nationally so you would have little trouble getting credits recognized. Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:26:28 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/CUNYQC_comments.html