StudentsReview - The Rochester Institute of Technology - Life at Rochester Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/RIT_comments.html Life at Rochester - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Rochester for Engineering Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/RIT_comments.html I received an associates degree from a community college before attending this school, for less than the cost of 1 semester of this school. I learned more, and had a better understanding of material i... Thu, 22 Jun 2017 07:35:37 GMT StudentsReview 983-180299 983-180299 983 61 Engineering Department Male Undergraduate Class 2017 4th Year Negative I received an associates degree from a community college before attending this school, for less than the cost of 1 semester of this school. I learned more, and had a better understanding of material in 1 week of community college then I did in my 4 years here.

The only saving grace to RIT is the co-op program, which landed me a job.

The diploma's look as though a 3 year old learning Word for the first time made them. Again, community college associates degree diploma looks professional, RIT sucks!
Thu, 22 Jun 2017 07:35:37 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/RIT_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Rochester for Civil Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/RIT_comments.html Do not form opinion of the quality of education an institution might provide you based upon rankings in a national magazine. Those rankings are based upon alumni contributions. Obviously, any alumni... Fri, 06 Jan 2017 08:18:21 GMT StudentsReview 983-177981 983-177981 983 10 Civil Engineering Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Negative Do not form opinion of the quality of education an institution might provide you based upon rankings in a national magazine. Those rankings are based upon alumni contributions. Obviously, any alumni has a vested interest in prospective employers and everybody else believing that their education was superior, so they will be inclined to make contributions once they realize that is how their college rises in the ranks in said national magazines. Really all that system does is place all of the burden on alumni to create the illusion that said institution provides a quality education, rather than placing the burden where it is due...on the institution itself. I was very dissatisfied with the quality of education I received in my degree program. Unfortunately, when you prompt the Accreditation Board to provide their report cards for educational institution, they decline to do so. Apparently, if you want to see how your school scored, you need a subpoena. It doesn't seem right that you pay good money for an education, based upon inaccurate rankings in a national magazine, then once you discover the truth about the quality of education received, you can't even get access to the report cards generated by the Accreditation Board. No accountability! Poor quality faculty staff at time of attendance. Buyer beware! Fri, 06 Jan 2017 08:18:21 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/RIT_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Rochester for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/RIT_comments.html My experience with RIT so far has been very mixed. This is certainly a good school for education as all departments have a wide number of professors who genuinely care for your education and want you ... Wed, 31 Aug 2016 03:20:24 GMT StudentsReview 983-175337 983-175337 983 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2017 3rd Year Neutral My experience with RIT so far has been very mixed. This is certainly a good school for education as all departments have a wide number of professors who genuinely care for your education and want you to learn and succeed. Most professors I've encountered are very helpful and understand the stress that comes with being a full-time student. I've been in classes that are quite engaging and were unique in that they allow me to do "hands-on" work outside of just reading the textbook (although some professors choose to work like this as well). The food is also pretty good if you have the money to spend on it. Campus safety will certainly keep you safe.

However as I enter my 4th year, I can't help but feel as if I've missed out on something. I've learned that college is more than education. The experience of being on your own and meeting a wide range of people from different states and cultures plays a big role too. This is where RIT simply falls flat on its face. I've encountered a lot of friendly people who I consider as friends, but for every friendly person, there's a handful of snobs and arrogant jerks. It's almost like people are inherently angry for no reason. The parties are actually very prevalent, but only if you like "frat-boy" attitude. Sure, RIT has a bunch of social clubs but those mainly consist of a group of people who are reluctant to let new members in. There is no sense of community or school spirit at RIT and while there is a plethora of guy-to-girl ratio jokes, you'll eventually figure out that they tend to cast a constant depressive mood across campus.

One major point that anyone reading this should know is that RIT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS STUDENT BODY. They want your money plain and simple. Its unacceptable to accept more students than you can house and cram three/four freshman into a dorm that was only meant for two. The outdated drinking policy and campus safety's unwillingness to listen to legitimate student concerns will make sure your life is a living hell.

RIT is a fantastic place to get an education and nothing more. If your want your undergraduate college experience to be filled with social interactions that extend outside the classroom, I would HIGHLY recommend a different college.
Wed, 31 Aug 2016 03:20:24 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/RIT_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Rochester for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/RIT_comments.html This school is the biggest joke I've ever seen in my life. Coming from NTID as a hard of hearing student into deaf culture. As a student you can't talk to anyone unless you know sign, and if you are ... Fri, 09 Oct 2015 05:23:29 GMT StudentsReview 983-171218 983-171218 983 12 Computer Science Male Undergraduate Class 2018 2nd Year Negative This school is the biggest joke I've ever seen in my life.
Coming from NTID as a hard of hearing student into deaf culture. As a student you can't talk to anyone unless you know sign, and if you are hard at hearing you are denied alot of things. As for classes, they couldn't have screwed up more. The system is a complete joke, NTID starts off fine but then they throw you into the Golisano College. Once in there you'll learn that NTID didn't prepare you or teach you for anything. I've studied alot ,tried to ask for help everything is fruitless. They'll just brush you off like you're nothing. Don't expect a straight answer for anything. Unless you've taken AP courses plus three years of experience you'll fail right out due to unrelated test questions and wasted class time unrelated to assigned work. If you want to live here ,forget about it. I've seen cockroaches and beetles all over the campus ( its like a plague of them). I've gotten food poisoning twice at gracies already. I've start to take medicine to literally just breathe now cause the place has already destroyed me physically and mentally.
Just stay away from the school, go anyway else just not here.
Fri, 09 Oct 2015 05:23:29 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/RIT_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Rochester for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/RIT_comments.html Rit's biotech program was generally pretty good. The teachers are mostly good, there are some that barely speak English and it is awful at times. I thought there was plenty to do around Rochester. WAR... Fri, 14 Aug 2015 02:58:07 GMT StudentsReview 983-169582 983-169582 983 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Negative Rit's biotech program was generally pretty good. The teachers are mostly good, there are some that barely speak English and it is awful at times. I thought there was plenty to do around Rochester. WARNING: RIT does not care about you, all they care about is your money. That's it. Year by year i found myself hating RIT as a whole, but liking the College of Science more and more. RIT takes in more students than they can house, which forces a good percent of students to live in the "RIT Inn" which is located miles and miles off campus. The on campus housing is pretty terrible, small rooms to be shared by two people in the only affordable ones. We will see how well I was trained to enter the workforce - I feel like the program did a good job but it was just not worth all the money this vampire university sucks from you. Fri, 14 Aug 2015 02:58:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/RIT_comments.html