StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Campus - Surrounding City Ratings

University of Delaware -- Newark, DE

UndecidedB-
Urban PlanningB
Video/MediaA

Against similar schools
Surrounding City compared with similar schools in class.

University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Campus
 A-
Average of All Schools
 B-
Average of schools in class
 B

C-
University of California Berkeley
 B+

Quotes touching on Surrounding City

“... The city of Pittsburgh is ENTIRELY overrated ...”

“... second, the city of pittsburgh is unsafe, crime ridden, dirty, but a big improvement from the past ...”

“... First of all, it's in Pittsburgh, which is bad news; the city has a horrible economy, high crime, a religious obsession with mediocre sports tea...”

“... I went here because it was close (at 18, I thought that was important), and I thought Pittsburgh was an interesting, vibrant city ...”

“... Complete waste of time and I am transferring out of this university and this city ...”

“... DO NOT go to this school because it's located in a big city, you will regret how small the school and the city seem to be ...”

“... pittsburgh, the city itself, should be given more credit ...”

“... The city of Pittsburgh itself is pretty lame, too ...”

“... I grew up in this city, and went here because it was close to family, and I thought the science program would be the best in the region ...”

“... The city is shit, there is nothing to do here and it's basically a slum ...”

“... Also, the city environment seems to isolate students from each other; the few times i've been to other colleges I was surprised by the much more ...”

“... The city just wasn't a fit for me, the climate was dreary, the campus was pretty small and isolated, the housing isn't very nice, the food was pr...”

“... I thought i'd like it because everyone said they had a good experience here, and it's right by a city, but I was wrong ...”

“... Any notion of Pittsburgh being a dirty, dull, dead end city is totally out of touch ...”

“... It's not like as soon as you step off campus you're in a city ...”

“... Pitt is a wonderful school and it is located in a fabulous city ...”

“... The school and the city are fun ...”

“... Although we don't have beautiful landscaping (although we do have some), we have a city ...”

“... Folks, it’s a large city get out and enjoy the culture ...”

“... The city is beautiful ...”

“... As long as you like the city, you will love Pitt ...”

“... But, Oakland is like it's own micro city ...”

“... If one has the initiative to go out and find stuff to do, you will never want for clubs, groups, volunteer experiences, jobs, internships, and a ...”

“... The campus is like a city itself, tucked away from the downtown area of Pittsburgh ...”

“... I really enjoy the city setting and the cheap cost of living ...”

“... I personally love this town & city ...”

“... Embedded in the great city of Pittsburgh, Pitt resides in it's own community known as Oakland ...”

“... It wasn't a slight against Drexel, but against Philadelphia, which is (in my opinion) a filthy, unwelcoming city, despite it's "Brotherly Love" ...”

“... There is a program that grants FREE tickets to arts events in the city, and not cheap ones at that ...”

“... Consequently, I have been already admitted into a great graduate program in linguistics at the Graduate Center of the City University of New Yor...”

“... When I left Pittsburgh and returned to New York City, I discovered that not many shared the good Western Pennsylvania work ethic ...”

“... The combination of the city, social scenes, academics, sports, research opportunities ...”

“... There are definitely things to do in the city but I honestly can go months with out leaving the area and be fine because there's usually so much ...”

“... Honestly, I love everything about Pitt, the city, the atmosphere, and most importantly the people ...”

“... Greek Sing is a huge event, as is the annual Steel City Step Show ...”

“... Aside from having the City of Pittsburgh as your backyard, there are many things to do in and around Oakland ...”

“... Its not a real big city but it can be crazy confusing sometimes ...”

“... I was nervous about coming to such a huge school in a city from one that was in the middle of nowhere and that had roughly 2,000 students, but I ...”

“... If you aren't a partier, there are probably more things for you to do around campus and the city ...”

“... The only disadvantage is the noise/somewhat dirtiness of living in the city, but it's also an advantage since you can go to sports games, see th...”

“... And I'm not some PSU nutcase, both of my parents went to Pitt so I'm not biased against it; its just that I heard that it blows there, and I can ...”

“... The city shuts down after 10pm, so good luck finding something to do other than sitting in the dorm racking up your Blockbuster points ...”

“... Pittsburgh is an OK city ...”

“... There is no grocery store on campus, so unless you are rich and have 800$ to spend on a parking spot (which they fail to mention you arent allow...”

“... Grew up in suburban Western PA my whole life and thought it would be a cool thing to go to college in the city and get out of the small town atm...”

“... Pitt is a great school and there is always something to do being in the city ...”

“... But life is good lots of opportunities and the city is safe ...”

“... The city is pretty lame except for the Bar districts (which doesn't help people under 21) ...”

“... Very surprising in a big city, which by the way is overrated ...”

Ranking Similar Schools by SurroundingCity