StudentsReview ™ :: The College of William and Mary - Education Quality Ratings

Religion/ReligiousA
SociologyA+
UndecidedB+

Against similar schools
Education Quality compared with similar schools in class.

College of William and Mary
Average of All Schools
 B
Average of schools in class

Harvard University
Yale University
New York University
University of Virginia

Quotes touching on Education Quality

“... The education you receive is worth every penny and you have the assurance that everyone you graduated with earned their degree ...”

“... If you want to get an education that prepares you for both graduate school and the workplace, William and Mary is a fantastic place to go ...”

“... But I feel that my W&M education was worth every penny ...”

“... if you want a great education, come here, if you want a great social scene, dont ...”

“... Perhaps the only mitigating factors might be the high quality of the education one can receive at this school, and the strong friendships one ...”

“... I guess the positives are true too: Sure, it was a great education (I am getting a better education at my new school however) at a decent price ....”

“... My art classess were full of education majors and athletes who just needed to fulfill a class requirement - not really interested in creative art...”

“... I have received an excellent education at the College of William and Mary and am well positioned to have a very successful career ...”

“... Tuition is too high for this kind of education 14 ...”

“... In all, the school offers an excellent education, and the people make it a pleasant place to be ...”

“... When I came here, I never dreamed that I would be getting such an unparalleled education (rivaled only perhaps by a few ivy-league schools) or t...”

“... Still, the best education at the best price, so it's worth it ...”

“... Best education value per dollar in the country ...”

“... If you are interested in a well rounded education, with a curriculum you can tailor to your own interests, I highly reccoment considering William ...”

“... A quality education, surrounded by peers who understand what they are there for, well grounded and friendly ...”

“... In all other respects, we get the same education as the rest of the students ...”

“... For those who survive the rigor, there is no doubt that the education they received here is second to none, and is comparable not only with the ...”

“... To get a good education and to form relationships that you will keep for the rest of your life ...”

“... I had a great education, at a great school, with great people and even though I paid out-of-state tuition, it wasn't nearly as expensive as some...”

“... I am a double major, Psychology and Elementary Education ...”

“... To be happy at William and Mary, you have to be serious about wanting a great education ...”

“... I just finished up my 1st year here at the College and I can say I wouldn't go anywhere else for my undergrad education ...”

“... It gave me confidence and a solid education to prepare me for either graduate school or a career ...”

“... Already in graduate school, I feel blessed with my William and Mary education and prepared for my programme ...”

“... I honestly have to say that I'm very pleased with my college education - although I think I might have taken a different major if I had the opport...”

“... However, in retrospect, the broad range of educational experience offered at W&M has really given me great opportunities in the work environment ...”

“... I attended graduate school out of state, in a different field of study, and was told by the admissions staff that they know that W&M dosen't g...”

“... The professors are incredible, especially considering their low salaries- the fact that some of them are at W&M, given what they could make at o...”

“... The William and Mary experience provides the best possible education with the highest quality students in the country ...”

“... My education at W&M provided me the knowledge, confidence, and critical thinking skills applicable to any type of profession - I could not have a...”

“... Overall: good Ivy-level education for a public school price, although you do sacrifice the "connections" you'd make at the elite schools ...”

“... I got a lot out of my education, but it was a tough journey ...”

“... William and Mary definately gave me an intense education ...”

“... But, having already had my 4 years of "the college experience" at a Big Ten university, I was ready for a smaller, quieter, more serious educatio...”

“... I feel that I received an excellent education, one that taught me how to think on my feet ...”

“... You must take responsibility for your own academic, social, mental, and emotional education ...”

“... These guys raised money, ran radio ads, and registered a thousand voters for a state-wide referendum for higher education funding ...”

“... Even so the education is a good value, especially for VA residents ...”

“... W&M is a solid school where you can get a good education ...”

“... There is no doubt you will get a solid education, but you will have to go through much b ...”

“... The professors were accessable (for one CS class, I had a standing appointment with a prof when a new project was assigned because I always need...”

“... If the Charter University Initiative passes this legislative session, W&M will be poised to increase in selectivity, endowment funds, educationa...”

“... Even though they are extremely 'olde school' when it comes to the conduct of the course (moving exam dates, makeups, extra credit does not exist)...”

“... The school provided me with a fantastic education at a relatively inexpensive cost, and I would recommend this school in a heartbeat, although a...”

“... William and Mary provides a superior education; a student can expect rigorous coursework with engaging requirements beyond sitting in 500 person ...”

“... W&M is an amazing place to get an education ...”

“... Overall, I have to say my educational experience was excellent and I met professors at W&M who took a real interest in my educational and person...”

“... Unfortunately in some departments the amount of busywork assigned that never shows up on tests is deplorable and many faculty are more concerned ...”

“... It falls lock-step with the groups of schools which see themselves as providing "true" education as opposed to other schools providing "mere" edu...”

“... Extremely disappointed by the education quality of this school ...”

“... This College is the perfect size; the undergraduate education experience here, in almost any department, rivals that of any other university; th...”

“... Strengths: -Solid, challenging academics -Large portion of student body is friendly, highly intelligent, and broadly knowledgeable--you lear...”

“... Those who are looking for a great education and a thousand opportunities ...”

“... The education is great ...”

“... moral of the story: You'll get a good education, but you'll probably end up putting up with load upon load of bull shite ...”

“... There are GERs (general education requirements), but you're bound to find something you're interested in to fill those ...”

Ranking Similar Schools by Programs