StudentsReview ™ :: James Madison University - Education Quality Ratings

School of InformationA
SociologyB+
UndecidedB+

Against similar schools
Education Quality compared with similar schools in class.

James Madison University
 A-
Average of All Schools
 B
Average of schools in class

Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Delaware
New York University
Radford University

Quotes touching on Education Quality

“... I came to JMU to study accounting and was disappointed to find that I had to first take a long series of general education courses that had little...”

“... If you are looking to have a good time - this is the place to go - although its pricey - otherwise you could get a better educational bargain .....”

“... It is possible to carve out a decent education here, if you come here with the RIGHT ATTITUDE ...”

“... Enjoy your classes taught by people with less education than your high school teachers ...”

“... A word of advise: if you are serious about your education don't go to a rural college unless it's like UVA or Tech ...”

“... College is supposed to be about getting an education and opening your eyes to the world, but JMU is far from all of that ...”

“... JMU was an excellent place to get a well-rounded undergraduate education ...”

“... JMU is an excellent place to get a well-rounded undergraduate education ...”

“... The academic reputation of JMU is well-recognized- I now attend a top-notch law school on the strength of my Madison degree- and the instructors...”

“... JMU also pushes you to the limits--you are forced to think differently, work harder, and really indulge yourself in the education ...”

“... This school has it all: a quality education, a beautiful, safe campus, and friendly-to-a-fault students ...”

“... I got a tremendous education there, but I think what made my experiences special were the people that I met ...”

“... JMU is a great school to get the typical/classic college education and experience ...”

“... , the quality of education at JMU is superb ...”

“... Be prepared to work if you want good grades, but you will have many memorable and enjoyable experiences as you receive your education ...”

“... The majority of students are concerned about good relationships with their neighbors, friends, letting loose when the time is right, and their e...”

“... The memories and education I encountered there have lasted a lifetime, and have allowed me succeed in business and in life ...”

“... I was planning on doing theatre education and got into the ultra-exclusive program at VCU but ultimately chose JMU simply because the school is ...”

“... The James Madison community is full with happy students who work hard at their education and are enjoying life ...”

“... I will say that GenEd (our general education program to make sure you're "well rounded") is a little steep and maybe even unnecessary ...”

“... One of the best aspects of this university is the exceptional quality of education students receive ...”

“... She should try an online education ...”

“... I use the education I got there every day as an educator and before that as a designer-and that was PRE computer age ...”

“... I'm a music education major, and I've just completed my first year at JMU ...”

“... Everyone is so nice and its a quality education ...”

“... The education I received was not only of an excellent quality, but it truly shaped who I am now for the better ...”

“... I think the education is excellent for the price, despite the minor annoyances mentioned above ...”

“... I'd say about 70% of the students are here to party and 30% are here to actually get a good education ...”

“... The University forces a few too many easy and unnecessary general education classes on students, ESPECIALLY in my department ...”

“... I got my diploma from JMU, but my education occurred after college ...”

“... In all, I am very pleased with my education ...”

“... ), not much of a social scene outside of campus (there is nothing much to do in Harrisonburg beside partying), secluded environment (far away from...”

“... VT, being more research oriented, is better known for their science programs, whereas JMU is a liberal arts school, emphasizing an all-around ed...”

Ranking Similar Schools by Programs