StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Illinois Chicago - Surrounding City Ratings

Northwestern University -- Evanston, IL

SociologyA+
UndecidedA
Urban PlanningA+

Against similar schools
Surrounding City compared with similar schools in class.

University of Illinois Chicago
 A
Average of All Schools
 B-
Average of schools in class

Harvard University
 A-
Columbia University in the City of New York
 B+

Quotes touching on Surrounding City

“... Asides for a reasonable tuition cost and location in the great city of Chicago ...”

“... The campus, while located in a vibrant city, is a depressing concrete jungle ...”

“... Okay, yes, I will admit it is very nice to have a campus in the middle of the city ...”

“... typical city college environment with an extremely ugly campus that looks like a sprawling prison ...”

“... Then Tony Martin the head of housing had the audacity to send me an e mail "just to let me know that they were losing out on money because of my...”

“... I began my freshman year at another university and transfered to UIC to be in the city in my sophomore year ...”

“... Well it is if you own a car and have a life in the city before you arrive ...”

“... Every ethnicity hangs within their own enclaves and most of the students project a severe low-self esteem persona ...”

“... There are times during changing classes in which the sidewalks are crammed to capacity with students and the mass of students move slowly like la...”

“... Even if there wasnt anything going on, on campus you just go out to the city ...”

“... I have heard the stereotypes that it is a cold place, with few teachers that speak English, but the fact is it is not high school, and it IS an ...”

“... It definitely gets better the older you get as you have the entire city to go out and explore, as opposed to a few bars ...”

“... You can live in the city and become a part of it really quickly ...”

“... The new dorms on south campus are like five star hotels very fancy, they have great views of the city and offer the latest amenities ...”

“... Being in the city is great because not only do I have my friends in the dorms, but I can also hang out with friends I have at other universities ...”

“... The real-life experience UIC students obtain from living in a large city is far superior to the experience one would have on a typical, farm fiel...”

“... You are one train stop away from the beautiful city, and there is ALWAYS something to do here ...”

“... You also get a U-Pass which lets you ride the CTA for free which gets you to almost any point in the city ...”

“... We may not have big football games and a sorority row like U of I and other big ten schools, but just being able to hop on the train and go anywh...”

“... I will say that I think I would have preferred a more traditional college experience at a school in a "college town" as opposed to the city and ...”

“... YOU HAVE A HUGE CITY TO EXPLORE ...”

“... The neighborhood that the school in does have a higher than average crime rate, but I guess it's too be expected in a big city ...”

“... It doesn't have the stellar reputation that other schools I got into had, but it is in an unbeatable city ...”

“... city and live in Chicago) I find that attending this school was a waste of money ...”

“... I picked UIC because I wanted to live in the city ...”

“... Unlike the other schools in this City (Depaul, UChicago, Columbia, etc) UIC is a state school, meaning many people, myself included have chosen t...”

“... Although I love living in the city I feel that it is impossible to meet people at this school ...”

“... UIC: When you walk around UIC the cityscape is your view almost everywhere you look ...”

“... The rest of the student body joins organizations, forms study groups, hangs out at the Idea Commons, goes to the hot pool with friends, and explo...”

Ranking Similar Schools by SurroundingCity