StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Illinois Urbana Champaign - Education Quality Ratings

University of Illinois -- Chicago, IL

SociologyA
UndecidedC+
Urban PlanningC-

Against similar schools
Education Quality compared with similar schools in class.

University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
Average of All Schools
 B
Average of schools in class

Harvard University
Cornell University
University of Southern California
University of Wisconsin Madison

Quotes touching on Education Quality

“... The quality of education is good but not great ...”

“... The art education department at the U of I failed miserably at preparing future teachers for the classroom ...”

“... The education can be rewarding depending on your department and I have been quite satisfied with my department ...”

“... As an English major, I feel as though my education was neglected ...”

“... Ideally, the pursuance of a higher education was to separate those who were fit to expand their minds by the systematic implementation of new th...”

“... As a Physics major,surely I'm here to take science classes but I am also obligated to take some liberal arts classes as a part of general educa...”

“... General education requirements and courses also take up a lot of time (and most of it is busywork), as you will likely be placed in weed out cla...”

“... Generally speaking, if you want to lose your sense of identity and waste the best years of your life, then come here for a college "education ...”

“... You'd be much better off at Eastern or ISU, at least in the education field ...”

“... This Unversity really does give students a well-rounded educational experience ...”

“... The university, if you are an in-state student, is very affordable, considering the quality of education you receive ...”

“... I would not trade my education here for anything ...”

“... You must have a LOT of self-motivation to stay focused on your education and not be distracted by all the partying ...”

“... Excellent school--gives you a world-class education, beautiful campus, enriching social life and great college sports ...”

“... I am very happy with the education and the people I have met at the University of Illinois ...”

“... Tech are probably similar to UIUC, but I doubt they provide as good an engieering education - just check out our engineering quad/libarary/clubs,...”

“... The overall best part of this university is it's education-per-cost index ...”

“... The education is pretty good, and definitely worth the money if your instate ...”

“... I could not be more satisfied with the educational and social experiences I had there ...”

“... I feel like I got a high quality education here overall ...”

“... If you want to make new friends, go to fun parties, get a great education, talk to a friendly teacher, it is all offered here ...”

“... It's also an amazing school to get a top notch education while having fun ...”

“... But getting past all of that and all the horrible things that others will say about U of I (not everyone will like it) I guarantee that you will...”

“... My main educational regret is lack of international training ...”

“... There couldn't be a better combination of education and a fun social life that comes with going to University of Illinois ...”

“... The education you get at the University of Illinois is top-notch ...”

“... Overall, I think the quality of my education was stellar, though I didn't put nearly enough effort into it ...”

“... As an education, its pretty good, but as for how the University runs and operates with its money, there is so much waste ...”

“... One reason why I do go to school is because its a education ...”

“... I was able to get the job I dreamed of having (currently helping design NASA's Orion Project, a lunar transportation system), at about the same ...”

“... But once I did, I became happier and mores satisfied with my education ...”

“... When its all over you appreciate your education so much more than you would have if it was easy ...”

“... I am constantly showed up by students from smaller universities, and I feel as though my education at UIUC has been a waste so far ...”

“... Looking back many years, I believe that the University experience was excellent, but the Department of Education provided a below par education .....”

“... The freshman year is filled up with rediculous general education classes that have absolutely nothing to do with your major (other than affect yo...”

“... But education is self dependent ...”

“... Note: I am an English/secondary education major ...”

“... However, I was an in state student, but my education was still pretty pricey ...”

“... The University of Illinois provided me with a good solid state education ...”

Ranking Similar Schools by Programs