StudentsReview ™ :: New York University - Extracurricular Activities Ratings

UndecidedC
Urban PlanningA
Video/MediaA

Against similar schools
Extracurricular Activities compared with similar schools in class.

New York University
 B-
Average of All Schools
 B-
Average of schools in class

Harvard University
Stanford University
University of Southern California
 B+

Quotes touching on Extracurricular Activities

“... There are very, very few "campus" activities to participate in, and general social life consists of going out to expensive bars and clubs ...”

“... There is zero school spirit and even though the school offers many different activities, it is nearly impossible to get involved ...”

“... No sports team, no team spirit, no quad ...”

“... There aren't many on-campus activities going on either ...”

“... You'll miss not having a campus, no quad, no grass, no activities, no football games to go to ...”

“... If you, for god knows what reason, enjoy city living and want to live in new york city more then anything in the entire world, hate frats, qu...”

“... Frats are nonexistant, as are sports; no one cares about them and almost no one plays them (our mascot is the Violets ...”

“... I pretty much felt the same way about school as everyone, which was that there were a million other, more fun activities that I could be doing, b...”

“... There is barely any sports, as I attended some basketball games and those were fun, but when I'd try to talk to someone about it, they would leav...”

“... I am gay myself, but I am a chill homo who doesn't advertise it around the world and who likes sports and other cool things ...”

“... I find that there are always workshops and lectures to help get you into grad school or find jobs in your field, clubs and activities to meet pe...”

“... Bars, jazz clubs, poetry slams, dance clubs, Broadway, Central Park, live television tapings, ethnic restaurants, and numerous other activities ...”

“... I found my classes to be very intellectually stimulating, that combined with the plethora of activities available at NYU make me glad I went to ...”

“... though far from campus is probably the most luxurious college dorm in America), the school has a bevy of extracurricular activities (I play intra...”

“... If you come here, you'll probably have a good experience, and if you don't have one automatically, you can find the activities that will enable ...”

“... For anyone confused as to where the sports teams and green grassy knolls are, you won't find that kind of thing here ...”

“... I was afraid that I would miss out on the "typical" college experience and would be nostalgic for sports, quads, the whole deal ...”

“... Be prepared to spent at least $100 a week on social activities or you will end up feeling left out ...”

“... NYU is not known for sports and all that ...”

“... I hated the fraternity and sorority mentality and big sports arenas filled with screaming drunk students ...”

“... We don't really have sports ...”

“... I made friends doing activities I was passionate about and on my floor freshmen year, and I've kept these friends through my four years at NYU .....”

“... It's hard to find extracurriculars and stick with them if you are not really really into them ...”

“... At any rate, NYU is the place to be if you want to be in the center of everything and actually PARTICIPATE (meaning:no notetaking)in the various ...”

“... They LOVE nyc and urban living, hate everything about the typical college experience (frats, quads, sports, nature, etc), are in Stern/Tisch, wan...”

“... Also, if you have your heart set on a campus with tons of school spirit and big sports and a nice traditional campus ...”

Ranking Similar Schools by ExCuricular