StudentsReview :: Boston University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable, Snooty

Friendly, Arrogant

SAT1350
Average
She cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Sep 19 2003
Major: Archaeology (This Major's Salary over time)
I <3 BU.

First, the bad: The only real downfall of going to BU is the high tuition. Personally, I didn't get much but loans, but I know from other people I've met that BU gives good scholarships that pay for up to full tuition, and they give many grants as well. Also, many people I know have a work-study job.

Actually, that's not the only downfall. The girl/guy ratio may be whatever it says up there but it feels like it's 9359385/200 sometimes, and out of those guys, about half are gay, which isn't nice if you're a straight girl like me. But that's not a big deal.

Now, the good: Academically, BU is good for my department (Archaeology) as well as many others. It has tons of libraries for all topics and many other resources. The classes would be huge, with all the students in the college, but like other big universities, they separate some classes into Lectures and smaller Discussions so that each student understands the material. I'm only a first-year, but only one of my classes is taught by a TA, and that's only in a few lectures a month.

Socially, everyone here is so friendly, or at least approachable. People don't mind if random strangers just go up to them, etc. Some people I know complain about cliques that form so quickly when the school year starts, but if you make the effort to meet people, tney are very accepting about talking to people outside of their clique.

What I love about the people here is diversity.. in all aspects. By the numbers, BU is pretty racially diverse, but what's more important is that everyone hangs out with everyone else. There are not many ethnic cliques, or people don't even seek out people of different races - they just hang out with who they feel like it, regardless of race.

Sexual orientation is also something that everyone is very accepting about. My friend jokes that at BU, you must first assume someone is gay, and then they can be proven straight, because there are so many homosexuals that everyone is just very open-minded about.

As for the Frat/Sorority scene, there are always good parties to go to on the weekend, but Greek life isn't that visible in BU.. Occasionally I'll see a girl with a sorority shirt, and they advertise Rush, but that's about it. There are also many many many clubs in other subjects, from religious organizations to something called the

People Watching Society.

Of course, there's the city of Boston.. Whether you like clubbing and going to bars, or you like film screenings and movie theaters, or like to listen to local and other bands play, everything's here right in Boston, or at least everything is accessible by the T. Harvard Square in Cambridge is right across the river and has lots of street performers and shops.

And as for the campus, it's not really a closed campus like in most colleges - Instead (what I like about BU) the schools and facilities of BU are integrated into the city of Boston. But if you still prefer the campusy feel, there are places with lots of grass like the BU Beach and West Campus Complex..

Dorms: According to Princeton Review ratings last year, BU got number one in Dorms like Palaces. I guess this is accurate.. I thought it was an average/small room, but according to my friends who go to other schools, our rooms are pretty nice. They come with desks, chairs, ports, dressers, mirrors, closets, and desk lights, though you probably would like to bring your own lamp anyway.

And dining: I don't know how to compare this to other schools, but for me, BU "cafeteria" food is not at all cafeteria. It's quite good, actually, and they have such a wide variety of meals (and icecream and cake and pie and cookies and Freshman 15), as well as Late Night every night with desserts and all that cal.

Hm.. let's see, I'm trying to think of what I forgot. Anyway, if there's any questions you can just email me by clicking on the link to the left. Overall, I just can't see myself going to any other college but Boston University.

questionI know archeology is way of engineering, but i was curious, hows the engineering department,the faculty,the students etc, if you would know, because your comment seems more mature than many I've read…thanks
questionThis was probably the only polite and objective review I've read so far. Thank you so much for that information, because it answered pretty much all my questions. I was wondering, however, how big the campus was. Is it concentrated in the city or spread out more throughout the city? I was also wondering if the freshmen campus was far away from main campus, like at Boston College? Thanks so much for your review!
commentThanks for such detailed description. Now I have a general overview.

Regards, writemypersonalstatement

The students who want to study in university that it is going be little burden for them to pay high tuition fees. It is better to go for online education service like blog where they will be teaching you through webinars and the cost of fee also very less compared to universities.
That was really good thing to know and i do remember my childhood days of tuition going for math subject with my friends after completing my school. I use to do affordable writing services also in my tuition after competition of all my works.
Here the most fun for the player you can join the latest freecell solitaire game and i sure you like the play the card forever thanks for the visit here and play on the net.
commentThat s the best Technology
commentWonder hello
commentIn this Boston University you can enjoy your life with the best career plans. If you're the medical or the other student then you can participate in this area. With the best review of superiorpapers.com we can enjoy the best support from this site.
responseHttp:
Rows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual
commentAlong with the package delivery operation, UPS promotes several other operations which include cargo airline,upsers.com freight-based trucking operation, retail-based packing, shipping, etc.
commentWhen I'm sad I usually play games. It will make me more comfortable. I like to spend time like that happy wheels
commentRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual
responseThese kind of articles are always attractive and I am happy to find so many good point here in the post, writing is simply great, thanks edubirdie reviews for sharing.
responseTrustedEssayReviews.com working and based in Australia with new project Edubirdie.
responseTrustedEssayReviews.com working and based in Australia with new project MyAssignmentHelp Review & Edubirdie.
commentSetting business objectives is one of the essential factors of business report writing. Our writers incorporate objectives and explain it vividly while working on the paper.
commentA MLA citation generator is a reference to a published or unpublished source of information. It is an abbreviated alphanumeric expression embedded in the bibliographic reference section of a work.
commentYou can consult myassignmenthelp for dissertation topics and create your own dissertation topic by taking inspiration from them.
responseGet online dissertation writing service from the expert writers of my assignment help.
commentYour posts has very useful for me. I'll save it to reference. moto x3m 2
commentYou can consult these sample dissertation topics and create your own dissertation topic by taking inspiration from them. This is your best chance to choose the ‘best’ topic.
commentThanks for all the tips mentioned in this article! it’s always good to read things you have heard before and are implementing, but from a different perspective, always pick up some extra bits of information..Regards www.office.com/setup www.office.com/setup
commentTo cite a book via MLA citation generator, be sure to collect the following bibliographic essentials: names of author, other contributors such as translators or editors, the title of the book, book editions, date of publication, the publisher and pagination.
commentThe experts at Research Paper Helper make sure that they collect a wide range of information on your research paper topics before commencing the work. This makes your work lot more credible and a high-quality paper is definitely going to give you high marks.
commentWriting a business report is a demanding task. It makes the writer focus on multiple aspects. The experts of our business report writing service write about the business strategy after setting up the objectives. Read the business report examples to understand how our writers have set up the business strategy and completed a brilliant business report.
responseBeing asked to prepare and give a speech is a difficult thing when you've never done it before. Don't worry! You can improve your public speaking skills if you approach our Edubirdie Speech writing services
commentStudents from the most renowned educational institutes have availed our university assignment help. A list of the universities, the students of which have taken our assistance to acquire exceptional academic results
commentLack of proper understanding of the subject: If the subject you are dealing with, seem illegible to you and you’re constantly plagued by the thought, “Is there anyone who can do my assignment in Australia?” Then our experts can eliminate that concern.
commentRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual
commentWhile I was going this blog, I could understand the actual responsibilities of an assignment provider. It is way more than just doing assignments. Just like the assignment experts of Online Assignment Expert do not close the case, until the student is fully satisfied, an assignment expert must ensure the same. Also, they must not compromise with the quality of assignments, at any cost!
As a nursing student, I am totally satisfied with the quality of assignments that I’m being provided with, by the Online Assignment?Experts.
commentI am an academic writer at Sample Assignment. I have gone through this piece of writing; it is quite interesting and informative as well. Well, we all know that Sample Assignment is a brand in the field of education. Generally, it helps out the students in their academic in the form of providing assignment help, assignment samples, live sessions, expert consultation etc. If you want to check for sample assignment reviews visit our website. It was incorporated in the year 2009 and since then it has been continuously assisting students in completing their assignment. It works with professional's writers who have adequate knowledge about how to deal with assignments. Also, they have years of experience as assignment provider. All our writers have worked for more than thousands of assignment papers which have helped them in understanding the importance and requirement of the assignment. Get cheap assignment help Australia from us at best price.
commentWe also offer Epos kits, Printers, Scanners, Speakers, Event wifi for hire and Event Technical Staff. https://oneworldrental.co.uk/tech-event-staff-services
commentHttps:
commentThe Statistics Assignment Help offers professional statistics writing service to the time to write multiple pages can be strenuous. We specialize in any kind of statistics homework help . Our professional homework centre is 24/7 available to solve all your academic problems concerning writing homework papers:
commentGet the best Our Programming Assignment Help from our expert to boost in your Academic Career.
commentGet the best Programming Assignment Help from our expert to boost in your Academic Career.
commentMathematical assignments require a lot of time that is why the students pursue Math Homework Help for the completion of math assignments.
commentHeavily discounted price from
commentThat is 100% plagiarism free with guaranteed grades.
commentRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual
commentThanks for sharing it but I would prefer GoAssignmentHelp for online mathematics assignment help. I have used their services several times and I got great grades in my academics.
commentAvail free MLA referencing citation or referencing tool to cite your academic papers.
commentRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual
commentMyAssignmenthelp has over 5000 academic writers from different fields of study. Hence, you can rely on them for unique and intriguing research paper topics and ideas.
commentThe great news is you are not alone. Many students worldwide face similar issues and thus want to pay for assignment help. What better place to pay for assignment australia than MyAssignmentHelp.com? We provide customized assignment solutions whenever you need, in any discipline or specialization.
commentFind some interesting research topics on any field at MyAssignment help.
commentThis is one of the common errors often pointed out by powerpoint presentation makers. Cluttering every slide with too many texts is not the appropriate way to make a presentation. This is why our experts make sure to keep the whole presentation concise, using a limited number of words. Our experts are careful not to over-emphasize on the texts.
responseRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual
responseRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual
responseFind the best case studies at
commentRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual
commentThere are different styles to cite a work. Some of which are APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, Oxford, Harvard, etc. Various institutions and instructors have widely used the Modern Language Association or the MLA style for nearly half a century. Let’s look at the intricacies of MLA citation and MLA referencing.
commentVery responsive and good share it is .. Thanks for the share .. And keep sharing these type of stuff. dissertation topics
Each morning, before I start work for the afternoon, I attempt to compose 150 to 300 words in a diary. I've been journaling on and off for more than 15 years, and it's one of my preferred kinds of composing since it's for me and only me. Journaling is somewhat similar to planting the seeds for tomorrow's story. Some of them may flourish, while others won't, yet you can't be sure whether you don't attempt. It's likewise more reasonable than treatment on the off chance that you keep up this propensity pay someone to write my essay . You could diary about an imaginative issue or something you'd like to achieve. Attempt and utilize a book report or committed application like Day One for this.
commentWe provide occupational therapy assignment help Australia to Aussie students and occupational therapy assignment help to British students who want training in this therapy that includes Physical Therapy.
commentRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual
responseMany students worldwide face similar issues and thus want to pay for assignment help. What better place to pay to do assignment than MyAssignmentHelp.com? We provide customized assignment solutions whenever you need, in any discipline or specialization.
commentGet top-class economics homework help US from studentsassignmenthelp.com at a very low price from the expert writers of the US.
commentOne cannot deny the fact that business report writing is a difficult assignment to handle. When you choose MyAssignmenthelp.com, you can know everything about the intricacies of writing a business report. If you lack ideas, feel free to go through the business report examples on our website.
Compare BUSave BU