StudentsReview :: Roger Williams University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1050
Social Life
C
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
He cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Dec 10 2008
Major: Criminal (This Major's Salary over time)
While a senior at RWU, I became a police officer, which is specifically why I wanted to go there, and have been now for the past 3 years. In fact, most of my friends at RWU who have graduated with CJ majors are now police officers or in academies. It has an excellent reputation as a strong CJ School…drawbacks: While it is in a beautiful NE Town on the water, it is a pain to get to a nearby city (Providence and Newport are equally as far away), especially if you don't have a car. I like being in the city socially, and work in one now. When I was there, the school was a bit too small for me. I didn't have a ton of friends, but I met some great people. They are growing now, and I haven't decided if that's good or bad.

RWU's rankings have improved to one of the top in N.E., and most of the people I work with or have come into contact with have somehow been to RWU. I make excellent pay and I think RWU will help me in the long run for promotions, etc.

I was never a drug user, or a huge club goer, but I recognized the clique-ness of the jocks and the "popular people," usually because freshman year, there is little to do except drugs. I stayed away from it, and it wasn't too difficult. Had RWU been next to, say, Boston, I could have escaped and explored if I wanted to. Besides this, for the educational and professional value, I would return.

Compare RWUSave RWU