StudentsReview :: Southern Connecticut State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Southern Connecticut State University

Snooty

Condescending

Success-Understanding
B
He cares more about Success-Understanding than the average student.
Date: Dec 31 1969
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
After my experience at UCLA for my undergraduate degree, I chose to pursue my graduate degree at a public institution. It has been the worst decision of my life. My experience with the faculty and the bureaucracy has been more than frustrating. My advisor retired over a year ago, and I have still not been able to schedule an appointment with my new assigned advisor: she has not even returned one of my emails or phone calls. I sent messages to professors about important matters and if they get back to me at all, it's usually not for at least a week. The courses make no sense and do not provide the scaffolding for the degree and certification (Secondary Language Arts), the English Department Education coordinators are all new hires and seem to be making up the rules as they go along. My university supervisor for student teaching, for example, changed her mind five times about important matters without consulting once on any of her decisions (about my life, by the way). I was warned by a good friend who is a Dean at Connecticut College that SCSU has a reputation for being inferior and having a huge chip on its shoulder as a result, and I have found that to be the best statement to summarize my totally negative experience there. The professors are lazy and condescending. I am surprised that it keeps its accredidation. DO NOT GO TO GRADUATE SCHOOL HERE! It's a nightmare.
Compare SCSUSave SCSU