StudentsReview :: The Memphis College of Art

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

The Memphis College of Art

Alumni Survey

Intelligence
Major: Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc (This Major's Salary over time)
No school is perfect. If you're not getting what you need; find a way to get it.

I had fun at MCA. I learned a few things at MCA.

I learned if you want to be an artist; don't go to any school! You only need to got to (art) school if you want to work for somebody else; then having a diploma -may- help.

The only classes you may need if you want to be an artist are business classes and marketing classes. To learn art, just go to galleries and museums and study the artworks (not pictures of artworks).

Learning about art from an art school is like learning about love from a prostitute...

The movie "Art School Confidential" says it all.

My dream(s) are to either sell my artworks or teach college art. I have yet to achieve either. Since I have not; I have to assume MCA is partly or wholly to blame. For that reason, I rate MCA an 'F'.
Get free info from: The Memphis College of Art