StudentsReview ™ :: College of the Ozarks

College of the Ozarks

Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis person cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Intelligence:
Not so bright
ACT: 31
SAT:
Surrounding City F
Describes the student body mostly as:
Friendly, Afraid, Closeminded

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Friendly, Helpful, Condescending, Unhelpful

Campus Aesthetics/Beauty A-
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityC- Faculty AccessibilityC
Useful SchoolworkC Excess CompetitionD
Academic SuccessC Creativity/InnovationC
Individual ValueC- University Resource UseD+
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyA- FriendlinessC
Campus MaintenanceC Social LifeC
Surrounding CityF Extra CurricularsC-
SafetyB

Though I had several great teachers in my department, my overall experience with the college was negative. Some of the instances that stand out in my mind are the time that my (heterosexual) roommate got a call from the Dean of Students saying someone had accused her of kissing another girl outside our dorm. My roommate was very distressed by the accusations, which underscored the college's extremist views on homosexuality. There was the sense that your every move was being scrutinized. For example, during freshman orientation week, the group I was in performed in the "talent show" and was later reprimanded by the college administration for choosing songs that were too "suggestive." The song in question was by a certain Sir Mixalot. A few years after graduation, I learned from one my teachers that one professor was let go for being critical of Fox News. The student creative arts publication was permanently banned by the administration for publishing a creative work containing a common curse word. Additionally, two of the professors from my department were let go after they were accused of being Marxists (I knew both professors, and they were not at all Marxist.)

More Comments on College of the Ozarks