StudentsReview :: Bethany College

Casual Comment
HS Summer Programs
Internship Post

Undergrad (27)
 Life at Bethany (Comments)
 Life after Bethany (10)
 Getting Into Bethany (17)
 Student Groups
Bethany College
Request Brochures
Compare Bethany
Save School
Link me!
Forward me!
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis person cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
SAT: 1640
Educational Quality F
Describes the student body mostly as:
Friendly, Broken Spirit, Snooty, Closeminded

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Friendly, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Campus Aesthetics/Beauty A+
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityF Faculty AccessibilityD-
Useful SchoolworkD- Excess CompetitionC
Academic SuccessD- Creativity/InnovationB-
Individual ValueB University Resource UseD
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyA+ FriendlinessA
Campus MaintenanceD Social LifeC+
Surrounding CityF Extra CurricularsA
I would not recommend Bethany College to any prospective students.  As a soon to be attendee was drawn in by the college's unique history, small size, and supposedly individualized programs.  I arrived at the college full of hope for a great future full of academic challenges which was quickly stomped out by classes that seemed to be high school level at best.

Though the teachers are helpful, good luck getting in contact with any other faculty member.  I had to wait for three months before I was able to get a new room even after my R.A. told the office of rooming and board that I needed to be moved, it took about eight phone calls to finally get a response from billing about a $350 that had no explanation and was later proven to be a nonexistent charge, and I have still have excessive issues with getting the faulty to do their own jobs.  In fact I would like to add that when I returned this year to Bethany I was informed that I had not been given a room, though I had registered and paid for one,and I had to wait in my car until a room was provided for me.

As for the atmosphere, the academic drive is lacking while the push for sports is booming.  Even with a 4.0 GPA I found that my scholarships were being cut while student who were obtaining a 2.0 were getting large “academic” scholarships simply because they were a member of a sports team.  Perhaps I am wrong but the last time I checked Bethany was a division three college, meaning that none of the students were going into a professional league, rather they were coming to college for an education with Bethany did not seem very eager to provide.  I find it unfair that I am being punished for becoming educated as apposed to taking part in a D3 sports team.

All in all, Bethany feels more like a sports oriented high school as apposed to a college and I would not recommend that any academically driven student even consider attending.
More Comments on Bethany College

Recently Reviewed Schools! Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/recently_updated_schools): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /ssd/www/studentsreview/html/ufooter.php3 on line 269

Get free info from: Loyola University - Chicago