StudentsReview ™ :: Bethany College

Bethany College

Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis person cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT: 1560
Educational Quality F
Describes the student body mostly as:
Afraid, Arrogant, Broken Spirit, Violent, Snooty, Closeminded

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Extra Curriculars D+
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityF Faculty AccessibilityF
Useful SchoolworkD- Excess CompetitionF
Academic SuccessF Creativity/InnovationD-
Individual ValueF University Resource UseD-
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyD- FriendlinessD-
Campus MaintenanceF Social LifeF
Surrounding CityF Extra CurricularsD+
SafetyF

I would tell any prospective student, that despite the name and history, this is NOT a christian school. I was offered drugs and alcohol my first night as a freshman, I was date raped my first semester, and the pressure to be sexually promiscuous was so constant I knew few girls that didn't cave to the very predatory upper clansmen. Greek life (aka partying and popularity contests) is way more important than academics, and those who aren't involved get snubbed. Sort of ridiculous considering the tiny size of the school. Many of the professors are barely older than the students, and I found the level of learning to be truly little more than high school. Underage drinking is accepted, almost encouraged and drugs/sex are everywhere; not really what I went to college for, and sort of disgusting how tolerated it all is. I saw recently a professor was charged with rape. It's is heart wrenching to think this place was started by anyone of faith. This school is super expensive for anyone out of state, which I don't understand where the money goes. Not into the dorms/food/classes/programs. I found that the reputation for the school with employers and other schools was either nonexistent or not very positive. I will be paying student loans for a long time, but I can't undo what those years did to me. I don't think any parent would want what happened to me for their child's college experience.

More Comments on Bethany College