StudentsReview :: Medaille College

Campus MaintenanceD+ Social LifeC
Surrounding CityC Extra CurricularsC-
SafetyC-

Describes the student body as: Friendly, Arrogant, Snooty

Describes the faculty as: Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Intelligence
Campus Aesthetics/Beauty
B-
She cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
In the beginning I was excited to attend Medaille. My parents went there and had nothing but good things to say about it. However, my third year into it, I wish I went somewhere else. The tuition does not pay for what they offer. I will have about $20,000 worth of loans for a sheet of paper. In addition, you end up taking more classes outside of your major than you actually do in your actual major. Let me know when that art class is going to come in handy, guess what it's not. Social studies education is my discipline and I spend more time taking classes in every other subject than taking history classes. There is no set curriculum in any classes, so basically the teachers can teach what ever they want. Also, this is why education social studies majors are failing the social studies part on the new certification exams given by NYS. If I knew then what my education was going to be like, I would have attended college somewhere else. Now, Medaille is in financial debt yet again and now my tuition will increase yet again. Personally, I don't think that the president of the college needs a house. Lastly, more than half of the professors are unqualified to teach. For example, I had an elementary reading teacher, teach my adolescent content area literacy class. She was horrible and used taught only things you would find in an elementary school. This list could go on and on, so before you come here really think about this decision.

Mansfield University of Pennsylvania (PA) 1:negative