StudentsReview :: Malformed University Name, Uncategorized Surveys - Extra Detail about the Comment

Malformed University Name, Uncategorized Surveys

Alumni Survey

Date: Mar 21 2007
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
I went to PCC with my eyes wide open, which I believe is very important when making a college decision. I knew that the rules were very strict, and that the college is not accredited when I chose to enroll.

I was an Education major planning to teach in a Christian school. I choose to teach at a school using the A Beka Book curriculum after graduation, so I was extemely well prepared. I do question whether or not I would have been as prepared had my school used a different curriculum. For the most part the professors were well qualified and helpful, every college will have a few that are not. I have appreciated the guidance they have given, even since graduating. The only negative that really stands out is that it would make their classes more effective to include more discussion and critical thinking.

As far as the rules, they are given from a mindset that the students are most likely to do wrong, instead of most likely to do right. This is unfortunate, but may have to do with the fact that they attract many students whose heart is not really into being there. Perhaps a different admissions process would be helpful. I attended with the mindset that, although many of the rules were not my personal convictions, college is just a few miles on the road of life and if you have the right attitude they are endurable.

I do not regret attending PCC. I have done well in my career and I have life-long friends that I keep in touch with. i grew tremendously under the preaching of Pastor Jim Schettler. However, when people ask me about the college, I given them an honest opinion, because those planning to attend should know exactly what they are getting into.

I will be starting graduate school at another Christian liberal arts college. I chose not to attend PCC because I feel that I need to broaded my ideas and experience. The grad school I will be attending is accredited and they gave me no problems with accepting my degree. I had other secular colleges willing to work with me as well.

Union University (TN) 1:negative