StudentsReview :: Ohio Wesleyan University

ACT:
Intelligence
B-
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Major: Math (This Major's Salary over time)
I'm in the midst of my second semester at OWU (o-woo, the only thing anyone will ever call it). I originally wanted to go to a bigger school, farther from home, but OWU gave me a great scholarship (as they do for many students) and I liked the school, so here I am. The city's a little boring, but it's such a friendly place. Classes are small, professors are helpful, coursework is challenging at times, but always doable. I'm still not a fan of the small student population (can't go ANYWHERE without knowing people, even after just being here for a week--but some people like that sort of thing). Biggest con: you HAVE to be on the meal plan and live on campus. few exceptions made. I'm hoping this rule will change soon--I think it's fairly new.
There's always a lot going on on campus. Which is good, because without a car, you're not very able to get off campus--well, you can walk into Delaware for a variety of small town dining and shopping options, but that's about it.
Greek life's pretty nice here. I didn't rush, but I might next year. Frat parties are fun, though they're all pretty similar so they get boring after a while.
They don't offer engineering or stats majors, which were two of my likely choices before coming here, so that was a bit of a letdown.
this isn't really following a very logical order.
the people are really what make OWU a good place--I believe most every faculty member and professor I've met here is genuinely kind and helpful. Most of the students are pretty decent too.