StudentsReview ™ :: Ohio Wesleyan University

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Ohio Wesleyan University

Major: Math (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis person cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT: 31
SAT:
Surrounding City B-
Describes the student body mostly as:
Friendly, Approachable

Describes the faculty mostly as:

Faculty Accessibility A+
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityA- Faculty AccessibilityA+
Useful SchoolworkB Excess CompetitionA
Academic SuccessA+ Creativity/InnovationA-
Individual ValueA+ University Resource UseA
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyA- FriendlinessA
Campus MaintenanceA Social LifeB
Surrounding CityB- Extra CurricularsB+
SafetyA+

I'm in the midst of my second semester at OWU (o-woo, the only thing anyone will ever call it). I originally wanted to go to a bigger school, farther from home, but OWU gave me a great scholarship (as they do for many students) and I liked the school, so here I am. The city's a little boring, but it's such a friendly place. Classes are small, professors are helpful, coursework is challenging at times, but always doable. I'm still not a fan of the small student population (can't go ANYWHERE without knowing people, even after just being here for a week--but some people like that sort of thing). Biggest con: you HAVE to be on the meal plan and live on campus. few exceptions made. I'm hoping this rule will change soon--I think it's fairly new. There's always a lot going on on campus. Which is good, because without a car, you're not very able to get off campus--well, you can walk into Delaware for a variety of small town dining and shopping options, but that's about it. Greek life's pretty nice here. I didn't rush, but I might next year. Frat parties are fun, though they're all pretty similar so they get boring after a while. They don't offer engineering or stats majors, which were two of my likely choices before coming here, so that was a bit of a letdown. this isn't really following a very logical order. the people are really what make OWU a good place--I believe most every faculty member and professor I've met here is genuinely kind and helpful. Most of the students are pretty decent too.

More Comments on Ohio Wesleyan University