StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Southern California

University of California -- Berkeley, CA
Stanford University -- Stanford, CA

The University of Southern California

Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: MaleThis person cares more about Extra Curriculars than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT:
Educational Quality F
Describes the student body mostly as:
Arrogant

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Condescending

Campus Aesthetics/Beauty B+
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityF Faculty AccessibilityC-
Useful SchoolworkC- Excess CompetitionF
Academic SuccessF Creativity/InnovationD-
Individual ValueF University Resource UseF
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyB+ FriendlinessF
Campus MaintenanceB+ Social LifeF
Surrounding CityC+ Extra CurricularsF
SafetyB-

Frankly speaking, I haven't had such a horrible experience in life...and USC was one of them. I will be released from prison this May - umm actually I will be graduating this May. The students are very cold and self-centered. When I first came to USC, I was hoping to meet caring students...but it was the complete opposite. Many of the students in my freshmen dorm opted to join fraternities and sororities, and after they were admitted, they hardly ever wanted to talk to me. The lifestyle of USC is very party-ish. Every Tuesday and Thursday nights are party nights. You see students drinking alcohol and coming home drunk. A good example was my roommate during my freshmen year. He would come home at 4:30AM drunk while making loud noises on weekday mornings! Dorms are also noisy and so are apartments near campus. This is why I have opted to live AWAY from campus..to get away from the USC party gulag. The downside is I had to ship my car from home, which cost a lot, (I'm from out of state) and I also have to pay rent. Furthermore, the grading curve in the Marshall Business school is retarded. The mean is based on a 2.85 and this lowers the number of A's given out to students. The dean of the B-school claims that this will improve Marshall's reputation. My foot. This has penalized hardworking students like me who wants to go on to law school. This retarded grading system affected my chance of being admitted to law school. Do law schools or med schools care about Marshall's grading policy? No. One admissions officer from a law school told me that he would rather choose a poly science major with a 3.9 GPA from a state school, rather than a Marshall student with a 3.2 GPA. If you are planning on going to grad or professional school, Marshall or simply USC, is not the right school to go to. It plain stinks!

More Comments on The University of Southern California