StudentsReview :: The University of Southern California

University of California -- Berkeley, CA
Stanford University -- Stanford, CA

Survey is Blank

Describes the student body as: Arrogant

Describes the faculty as: Arrogant

Intelligence
Not so bright
He cares more about Campus Aesthetics/Beauty than the average student.
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
I have recently graduated from USC, and let me tell you, the students ( the majority of them) are rude and cold. I think it's the Los Angeles theme of being unfriendly. You may argue that LA is a big city..yada yada yada. But I've been to NYC, and even if some people are cold there, they are willing to socialize and strike up a conversation. In LA, as well as USC, students pretty much care about partying, partying and partying. It's all about "friends" who actually aren't really friends at all. The people in LA are shallow and fake. I also found students to be VERY RUDE and classless at football games. When I attended college football games in my homestate, you would applaud even for the visiting team. At USC, students and spectators "boo" the visitors and simply have no manners at all. I was shocked! Sometimes, I feel ashamed of being a Trojan, because of the reputation we have among other universities. In addition, students would place their feet on the back of my chair...and it really is disgusting. I guess I'm upset about Los Angeles and the lifestyle as a whole. But this is also HIGHLY reflected by USC itself. Furthermore, I recently saw the US News Report ranking. USC is climbing "steadily" (who knows...maybe the SAT #'s are tweaked a little). To be frank, I'd say UCLA (so called SC rival) is a better institute. I don't care if people call me a Trojan-sell-out..it's the truth. I wish I went to UCLA. The studnts there are open minded and more compatible. I was also surprised to see a LOW ranking of USC when it comes to the international ranking! USC was ranked #56 (which I think is okay...but not great) as opposed to U Washington Seattle, UCLA and U Wisconsin Madison ranked WAY HIGHER than USC. So what I'm trying to get at for those of you who are thinking of attending USC, is to ask yourself whether you want to go to an institute serious about academics, or serious about using its network to get jobs. Don't get me wrong, networking is a great thing to get jobs. But I would rather depend on my institute and degree's reputation to get me a job, than using some kind of alumni network to get a job.