StudentsReview ™ :: The Savannah College of Art and Design

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Major: Architecture (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: MaleThis person cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Intelligence:
Average
ACT:
SAT: 1170
Friendliness D
Describes the student body mostly as:
Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Friendly, Arrogant

Useful Schoolwork A
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityB- Faculty AccessibilityC+
Useful SchoolworkA Excess CompetitionC
Academic SuccessB+ Creativity/InnovationC
Individual ValueB University Resource UseA
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyA FriendlinessD
Campus MaintenanceB Social LifeD
Surrounding CityB Extra CurricularsD
SafetyD

Prepare yourself for another year of High School socially and a huge work load academically. In High School I had a few good friends and I drifted in and among the MANY clicks my school had. I was really looking forward to getting away from all of that and experiencing the real world and i figured art school was the perfect place to do that. WRONG! Everyone here stays in their "comfort groups" and clicks and doesn't even talk to anyone else who might not fit in. I have a couple of friends here but it really isn't what I expected socially. I deliberately chose not to go to a big party school because that is not what I wanted but here most of the kids are like that. Don't go here if you want to open your mind socially, it won't happen. A lot of the kids are assholes and the ones that aren't are just too whacko to function socially with ANYONE. They sit in their rooms and mope all day. The academics are good, you will get a great degree and do a LOT of work to get it. They tell you to only take three classes a semester because of the ammount of work you get and they are right. Just get ready for a full load. The good news is that SCAD is pretty well recognised and after one year you can go to just about any other school. I will hopefully be transferring after this year to go somewhere more worth my money and where I can feel like I am in a friendly college atmosphere. Another thing about SCAD is the $money$ involved. This place LOVES money and they will go out of their way to get it out of you. I wouldn't recommend SCAD.

More Comments on The Savannah College of Art and Design