StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design

Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Alumni Survey

Intelligence
Major: Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc (This Major's Salary over time)
SCAD is a joke! Stay away! I was a Sequential art major. I am now working for DC Comics only thanks to my mentor, who I had to seek out myself since the school has no connections. I get paid less than 10,000 a year as a comic artists job is not a rich one in the top company on the charts, next to Marvel. Scad blinds its students telling them how you get paid a lot of money and the best connections out of college. Want some truth? Only one of my teachers was working in the business at all, and no one has ever heard of them. Most of the teachers can't draw better than a 10 year old. I paid 100,000 in loans, at 1,000 a month and can't afford them at all, let alone rent and such. Though I am the only of about 2 or 3 people that actually got a job at all out of this major. I see many of my fellow students still stuck in Savannah working waiter jobs or bar tender jobs trying to make some money. Also, don't let the city fool you. I always left nothing in my car and it got broken into twice and we caught them on the third, IN THE SAFEST AREA! Savannah is not safe. Many other friends have been held at knifepoint or gunpoint. Another's truck got shot up in a shootout, and just this past week, another few students got shot. Scad does not want you to know this AND WILL NOT ADMIT TO IT. Save your money and your life and go somewhere else!

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI