StudentsReview ™ :: New York University

New York University

Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis student rated most things higher than other students did.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT: 1890
Useful Schoolwork B
Describes the student body mostly as:
Friendly, Arrogant, Snooty

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Friendly, Helpful, Condescending

Campus Aesthetics/Beauty A+
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityA Faculty AccessibilityB+
Useful SchoolworkB Excess CompetitionA-
Academic SuccessB+ Creativity/InnovationB+
Individual ValueB+ University Resource UseA
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyA+ FriendlinessA
Campus MaintenanceA- Social LifeB
Surrounding CityA+ Extra CurricularsB
SafetyA-

First off, before I get into any negativity, I love NYU. I really do. I moved here from California knowing no one - so had I decided to sulk in my homesickness, this school would have been very lonely, indeed. We're all big kids now, no one is going to hold your hand and make sure that you're doing okay. YOU have to make effort. It is a bit of a downside and you will feel lost at first, but it's nothing that a little socializing can't fix. Secondly, I like to party and have fun on the weekends. So does just about everyone else here, the only problem is that parties in New York City are not the same as parties in a college town. They cost money and it all adds up quickly, unfortunately. Many nights I would get dressed up, ready to go to fun rooftop parties only to find they were a bust. Also, if you have your heart set on a campus with tons of school spirit and big sports and a nice traditional campus... this school may not be for you. There is no school spirit and there is no traditional campus BUT NYU still kicks ass. My biggest piece of advice is to get ready for serious competition. Remember how in high school there were those kids who weren't the brightest? Yeah, at NYU those kids don't exist. Everyone is talented and everyone is smart and if you're competitive academically, it can be SO intimidating. I've spent so much time doubting my intelligence and my ability to match up to the kids here...don't do that. If you get in, there's a reason. You can do it and you're just as good as anyone else.

More Comments on New York University

questionHi! I loved your advice. Since a few years ago my dream is to get to study a beautiful college in New York City for obvious reasons and my first choice was sing the beginning NYU. But, i almost throw up when I saw the tuition fees. I wanted to ask you, as a non US resident, if the life in nyc is expensive? Is NYU that expensive? Please answer me :)

responseUnfortunately, New York is a very expensive city. Nothing that some budgeting can't handle though. And yes, NYU is the 2nd most expensive school in the US, and I'm not sure if non-US residents get financial aid :( Apply regardless though!! I could be wrong

questionI have been admitted to the college of liberal studies. Am I really admitted to NYU as a four year Iinstitution or is it really something less?

responseYes, LS is a two year program that covers all your general education requirements essentially. For your junior year, you get to transfer into another school within NYU :) It's a really cool program; I love it!