StudentsReview :: Troy University - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Total Grad Surveys 17
Females 9
Males 8
Avg years at University 2.2
Research Quality B+ (7.4)
Research Availability B+ (7.9)
Research Funding C+ (5.6)
Graduate Politics B+ (8.0)
Not Errand Runners B (7.3)
Degree Completion B (6.6)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] B (6.9)
Sufficient Pay B+ (7.4)
Competitiveness B- (6.1)
Education Quality B (7.1)
Faculty Accessibility B (6.9)
Useful Research B (7.2)
"Individual" treatment B (7.1)
Friendliness B+ (7.3)
Safety B+ (7.5)
Campus Beauty B+ (8.0)
Campus Maintenance B+ (7.8)
University Spending B (6.9)
Extracurriculars B (6.6)
Scholastic Success B- (6.3)
Surrounding City B- (6.0)
Social Life/ Environment C+ (5.2)
Social Life/ EnvironmentC+
Graduate PoliticsB+
Graduated in 95 w/BS degree in NursingMar 02 2012Nursing
Graduated in 95 w/BS degree in Nursing. I couldn't have asked for a better school to have gone to. The tuition at that time was reasonable, staff extremely dedicated and knowledgeable and nothing was a given. I was made to work for my degree and that means a lot. I graduated able to pass the NCLEX and got certified at the 2 yr mark. I was able to perform after graduation because of the training and my hard work. Thank you Troy. Though I don't live anymore in AL, if I did, I would certainly go back to Troy. V/R Mary Long
After getting flogged by the Auburn business program,Dec 02 2009Business - Management and Administration
After getting flogged by the Auburn business program, I decided to get my MBA at Troy to take a break. It was too much of a break. Most of the material is simple rehashing of the material I learned at AU. The finance course was interesting, if not challenging. I will finish my MBA here, and go back to AU for some graduate finance courses.
I recently completed theNov 29 2009Business - Management and Administration
I recently completed the online MBA. It basically was a rehash of my undergraduate work at FSU. It wasn't hard, just time consuming. I wouldn't call all of it make-work, but it was close. I plan on adding some serious graduate finance courses from FSU to shore up my Troy MBA.
Troy is an excellent University that has reallyOct 13 2009Business - Management and Administration
Troy is an excellent University that has really helped me in the Business realm. In my experience there I have really grasped new concepts and learned essential Business techniques to excel in the modern world today. I would most definitely recommend this school to anyone looking to get their MBA.
The MBA program is a jokeMay 25 2009Business - Management and Administration
The MBA program is a joke. I completed 12 hours of make-work that no way resembled what I needed to make a place in the work force. Just by looking at any professor's syllabus can tell you right away that it is arrogance personified...and that's at a 5th rate school. I did the 12 hours and transferred to the MBA at Auburn...they did not accept anything from Troy...not one single credit. They didn't actually say it, but they viewed anything from Troy as 3rd rate and not worthy of crediting it to their MBA.
Troy University has beenApr 07 2009Computer Engineering
Troy University has been a great experience. I did not expect too much from it but it has excellent academic standards. I would definitely enroll.
I did my master's in international relations withNov 30 2008Other
I did my master's in international relations with Troy. There were professors I had who didn't promptly reply to student's emails regarding concerns about the class. I had a few professors who taught subjects way out of line and some didn't come with prepared lectures. Those who did were so self-absorbed and spent more time talking about their personal life and achievements rather than explain more material about the class itself. I would have to describe my experience as "self-directed" learning because I did all the learning on my own by reading 3 or more books per class, write research papers and answer to discussion questions at the online Blackboard, and interact with a few students. The face-to-face classes were a lot better than the online ones, only that it meets during the weekends, and trying to study for exams, preparing for presentations and submitting a research paper while one works five days a week may seem impossible for some. Overall, I could say I only had maybe 5 out of 11 different professors (out of 12 classes total) who really gave me my money's worth.
Troy University has a lot of undereducated studentsNov 19 2008Other
Troy University has a lot of undereducated students who do not understand the subjects that they are receiving a degree for. For example, I had a waitress with little regular work experience studying for her HR Masters Degree in my class. The classes are too easy and most people in the class are not really bright so I ended up doing most of the discussion. The school should be a lot more selective in determining who should be studying for certain degrees.

Waste of time and money even though my company will reimburse me.

Quite possibly the most rigorous academic institution inJun 21 2008Business - Management and Administration
Quite possibly the most rigorous academic institution in the state of Alabama! Other than Univ of Alabama, this is the only other school I would consider. I wanted a well-known academic institution that cares more about class work than football Saturdays. More and more people in southern Alabama are choosing Troy over Auburn because of it's academic reputation!
The online MBA was easy and reasonably pricedMay 09 2008Business - Management and Administration
The online MBA was easy and reasonably priced. Don't fool yourself into thinking you just got an MBA from the Ivy League because it just ain't so. It's a masters and nothing else. So with all said and done, it was a cheap & easy masters. I don't know anything about the faculty because all they were was a name in the computer...I can't even remember any of the names and I just finished up. I guess nobody impressed me enough to remember who they were.
I thought the online program was okayMar 05 2008Business - Management and Administration
I thought the online program was okay. It was more time consuming becasue of all the busy work. It seemed like some Troy instructors felt that busy work equated to academics. On the other end of the spectrum, some instructors just had us read a few chapters and write a synopsis. It's an easy MBA and my employer paid for it. Unless your masters is from the Ivy League or Stanford, most companies could care less. Most of the people I've interviewed with just made mention that I had an MBA and didn't seem to care where it was from. And most of them never heard of Troy. Overall, I'm pretty much pleased with my MBA and never really had any problems with any instructors or the phone handlers.
It's cheap and myFeb 29 2008Unknown
It's cheap and my company pays for it. It's a lot easier than my undergrad work at Auburn. The instructors don't care, just turn in whatever busy work they assign. The MBA program is a breeze...not much in standards.
It's a school withFeb 08 2008Business - Management and Administration
It's a school with an easy masters degree. The MBA program is nothing but memorize stuff and regurgitate it. That's easy enough. None of the profs are leading scholars in their field or some high charging business person...just average run-of-the-mill types that you find at any Tier 5 school.
Apr 16 2005Business - Management and Administration
Great distance learning program. I would recommend the program to anyone.
I did the DistanceAug 12 2004Other
I did the Distance Learning IR degree and it was great. Good professors, excellent classmates, just an overall great experience. It would be nice if they had some kind of financial aid available, as it is they have nothing.
Great value and diverseMay 28 2004Other
Great value and diverse student body. TSU is contracted with the Military for a unique perspective from students. Excellent value for working professionals (distance learning).
Compare TroySave Troy